Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Metal fans? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've never considered myself a metalhead but in the past year or so I have really got into Megadeth. They have some really good stuff.

ReputationRep:
    ~sigh~ my first metal was Megadeth too

I like Dream Theater and I don't see why they've been associated with WoW playing long-haired computer geeks. Sure, some of their fans are like that, but those people probably like a load of other bands too... why not associate those with them? It's crazy. :p: It's putting people off getting into to them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n u c l e a r b u d d h a)
    I like Dream Theater and I don't see why they've been associated with WoW playing long-haired computer geeks. Sure, some of their fans are like that, but those people probably like a load of other bands too... why not associate those with them? It's crazy. :p: It's putting people off getting into to them.
    Haha! I never heard that before!

*Looks over shoulder, then destroys Train Of Thought album...*

Anyways yeah man, Dream Theater are awesome!

ReputationRep:
    I quite like Megadeth. Which is odd, because I don't really like any other similar stuff. They were good live

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agent Z)
    Haha! I never heard that before!

*Looks over shoulder, then destroys Train Of Thought album...*

Anyways yeah man, Dream Theater are awesome!

Mad fellow... Lol! Which other albums would you recommend?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rashid1988)

Mad fellow... Lol! Which other albums would you recommend?
    You asked someone else admittedly, but I would recommend 'Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence' as the first album to get. Contains their greatest heavy song, 'The Glass Prison', and their most ambitious song, the 42 minute title track.

Aftwerwards, buy 'Live Scenes From New York', my favourite live album out of the dozen or so I have. Contains a full performance of their second best album 'Scenes From A Memory', their best overall song 'A Change Of Seasons', and loads of other good songs.

Then buy 'Octavarium'. The title track is their second best overall song, and most of the other tracks are pretty good as well.

My $.02

ReputationRep:
    I like Metal, as well as other Rock. But I'm going to differ from all the people here. I don't like Rammstein. Metal that I like?

Children of Bodom, In Flames, Opeth, Nightwish, System of a Down, Cradle of Filth, Cruachan.

ReputationRep:
    Eyyyy, another Cruachan fan. My mum loves 'Ride On', the song with Shane MacGowan from the Pogues on guest vocals.

What is your favourite Cradle album?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the Dream Theater info, i bought ...And Justice For All (So that 1st 4 Metallica albums are now owned and i'm not bothering with the rest) and Iron Maiden's Rock in Rio. *Salutes the maiden boys*

Hope to get Live after Midnight - Judas Priest
    Vulgar Display of Power - Pantera
    Family Jewels - AC/DC (dvd)
    ...next

ReputationRep:
    I'm a metalhead

I love Rammstein (tho i really dont think much of rosenrot) and System of a down and so many others, you know, the usual stuff. Cradle of filth, Iron maiden, Childrem of bodom, within temptation, in flames, soil, korn, AC/DC, metallica, pantera..... many others

oh, and michael jackson

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the Dream Theater info, i bought ...And Justice For All (So that 1st 4 Metallica albums are now owned and i'm not bothering with the rest) and Iron Maiden's Rock in Rio. *Salutes the maiden boys*

...next
    i have every metallica album
    looking for any particular songs, PM me

(Original post by The Centipe)
    I'm a metalhead

I love Rammstein (tho i really dont think much of rosenrot) and System of a down and so many others, you know, the usual stuff. Cradle of filth, Iron maiden, Childrem of bodom, within temptation, in flames, soil, korn, AC/DC, metallica, pantera..... many others

oh, and michael jackson
    You started that Rammstein society thread, right? I bumped it a few times but you never came back... please make that society official. Pleeease. :p:

ReputationRep:

...next
    you need the black album of metallica as well , their first five albums are great ,

load is ok , havnt heard reload , and i dont think that st anger is that bad , its not that good ( apart from the track St anger in my opinion)

but certainly worth listening to

ReputationRep:

...next
    pantera;

Cowboys from hell , vulgar display of power, and far beyond driven should be owned ,

Walk is a brilliant track

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n u c l e a r b u d d h a)
    You started that Rammstein society thread, right? I bumped it a few times but you never came back... please make that society official. Pleeease. :p:
    Yeh, thing is, after i made it, I found out someone else had made the same society before me, but that's gone dead so i'll resurrect mine

(Original post by The Centipe)
    Yeh, thing is, after i made it, I found out someone else had made the same society before me, but that's gone dead so i'll resurrect mine
    Ahhh, I see. Yours is probably more successful than the original one, though.

I did try to keep it on the front page for a while but no Rammstein fans were around.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.