Psychology
    3.42%
    Chemistry
    26.28%
    Other
    13.84%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by halfoflessthan50p)
    In maths there isnt any synoptic though. So once you've passed the module you can just forget everything you learnt. (did you do higher GCSE maths? i found that really hard, harder than A2 maths tbh)

i did GCSE french. Oh, learning grammar in a foreign language is so tedious. Hours upon hours of "je vais, tu va, il va, on va, nous avons.." lol i really do feel sorry for you
    :eek: Did i just read from that, he thinks GCSE higher maths is harder than A2 maths?? Could you please explain please if you really meant that, i'm doing higher tier for maths and i've seen A2 papers, by no means is A2 maths easier!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Further Maths isn't on the list:p: Probably the only one that is actually somewhat of an effort, if not due to the content, then due to the amount of modules one has to take to get the double maths:p:

ReputationRep:
    ^^ He speaks the truth!! BUT, the Maths is sooooo much more exciting that the awful junk you learn in M1 etc!! So it is easily worth doing F. Maths if you have an interest in Maths, even if you are hopeless! If you have niether, then you are really dead, since you're getting two bad grades, and hating every minute of it...

ReputationRep:
    I actually quite liked M1 compared to Core and Stats

definately chemistry - awful

ReputationRep:
    In maths there isnt any synoptic though. So once you've passed the module you can just forget everything you learnt. (did you do higher GCSE maths? i found that really hard, harder than A2 maths tbh)

i did GCSE french. Oh, learning grammar in a foreign language is so tedious. Hours upon hours of "je vais, tu va, il va, on va, nous avons.." lol i really do feel sorry for you
    Uh? I did higher tier maths GCSE and even I managed to get an A and A2 maths is bloody solid!

(*cringe* 'Nous allons' and 'tu vas')

ReputationRep:
    History more deadly than Chemistry and Physics? I think not.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe i just had a crap maths teacher at GCSE then. I felt there was way more topics and loads of new stuff that was intoduced too quickly. The whole first AS module is basically just slowly teaching you differentiation. Now, C4 is mainly just little developments on stuff you already know (a few more trig identities, few more integrations etc.) Dont think anyone in my class is struggling (and im in a public school, not that well ranked.) Further maths: now thats a different kettle of imaginary, hyperbolic fish matrices! ahem, yes

ReputationRep:
    It is definately relative, I know people who take computing and find it the most difficult subject they do, whereas for me its the easiest. Conversely I'm sure if I took, say, Chemistry or French I would find them dreadful. A lot of it is down to what each person finds easy or has an interest in, though naturally some courses will be regarded as more "difficult" by a large proportion of the population.

ReputationRep:
    Maths... why is maths not on there..?
    Other than that, I'd hate to have done english. I'd never have managed it, because I never have the patience to write essays.
    Out of the three I now take, chemistry is the hardest.

ReputationRep:
    did you do higher GCSE maths? i found that really hard, harder than A2 maths tbh)
    I agree with that actually, at A level, maths papers are all very predictable, you know what you'll be asked and you pretty much know how they're going to ask you it. At GCSE though, you'd turn up to the exam and find questions that you'd never seen the likes of before, like weird proof questions and I remember sitting the GCSE exam paper was the first time I realised you could do pythagoras on a graph! So unlike A level, you can't just get used to doing the different types of questions they ask you, you actually have to think in GCSE exams. (though having said that it mght all just be because we'd never done any past papers for maths GCSE)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Popa Dom)
    I agree with that actually, at A level, maths papers are all very predictable, you know what you'll be asked and you pretty much know how they're going to ask you it. At GCSE though, you'd turn up to the exam and find questions that you'd never seen the likes of before, like weird proof questions and I remember sitting the GCSE exam paper was the first time I realised you could do pythagoras on a graph! So unlike A level, you can't just get used to doing the different types of questions they ask you, you actually have to think in GCSE exams. (though having said that it mght all just be because we'd never done any past papers for maths GCSE)

Ye, A2 maths is a joke. Further maths requires more effort- its not necessarily harder. But I suppose for those people who do not enjoy maths, have no interest in a maths related subject, it is the most difficult subject of all. I find that it is more difficult then the other subject due to the fact that you have to sit the 6 A level maths exams, before you can sit the 6 further maths exams...

ReputationRep:
    i reckon MUSIC is the hardest

ReputationRep:
    you havent included maths???? are you stupid!! have you ever seen, tried, omg *faints* it is bar far the hardest subject in the world, except for further maths but who in their right mind would take that?? :P

ReputationRep:
    Id say either Chemistry or Maths. Biology is memerising, and History is totally blagable, but time consuming (all those essays).

In Chem theres so so much to learn, but then you also have to apply it to loads of other stuff.

Maths, i dont actually find that hard throughout the year, but now im getting Us in it so it must be hard!!
    I absolutly hate S2 and S3, when i go through something and practice it i'll be so good at it but literally 24 hours later, i've completely forgotten it. I find it so hard to remember stuff, and the questions are sometimes so similar it gets confussing, all those bloody distributions :mad:

ReputationRep:
    This is such a stupid poll, it doesn't even list Maths!
    Latin is by far the most challenging A Level. Either that or Ancient Greek, but I wouldn't know about the latter.
    I voted for languages instead, even though I don't think modern languages are as difficult. Spanish is my easiest subject by far!

(Original post by Aired)
    How can you say unless you've studied them all?

Oh, and you should probably include maths in the poll.
    exactly

and maths can be very challenging, if you do Further A2

ReputationRep:
    right.... you have pyschology on that list but not maths or further maths......

on that list i'd have to say chemistry.....

ReputationRep:
    I think ive worked it out!

People who do arts subjects but one science subject (to contrast) pick Chemistry and so they find it hard.

I did Maths, Chem, Phys and English Lit at AS. Can you guess which one i found ridiculously hard?

ReputationRep:
    Why isn't maths up there? or further maths I could NOT do that!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.