Other (89)
13.84%
MisterE
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by halfoflessthan50p)
In maths there isnt any synoptic though. So once you've passed the module you can just forget everything you learnt. (did you do higher GCSE maths? i found that really hard, harder than A2 maths tbh)

i did GCSE french. Oh, learning grammar in a foreign language is so tedious. Hours upon hours of "je vais, tu va, il va, on va, nous avons.." lol i really do feel sorry for you
:eek: Did i just read from that, he thinks GCSE higher maths is harder than A2 maths?? Could you please explain please if you really meant that, i'm doing higher tier for maths and i've seen A2 papers, by no means is A2 maths easier!!!!
Who?
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Further Maths isn't on the list:p: Probably the only one that is actually somewhat of an effort, if not due to the content, then due to the amount of modules one has to take to get the double maths:p:
henryt
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
^^ He speaks the truth!! BUT, the Maths is sooooo much more exciting that the awful junk you learn in M1 etc!! So it is easily worth doing F. Maths if you have an interest in Maths, even if you are hopeless! If you have niether, then you are really dead, since you're getting two bad grades, and hating every minute of it...
Apagg
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I actually quite liked M1 compared to Core and Stats
hhhhhhhhhhppppp
Badges: 2
Report 13 years ago
definately chemistry - awful
Johnny
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
In maths there isnt any synoptic though. So once you've passed the module you can just forget everything you learnt. (did you do higher GCSE maths? i found that really hard, harder than A2 maths tbh)

i did GCSE french. Oh, learning grammar in a foreign language is so tedious. Hours upon hours of "je vais, tu va, il va, on va, nous avons.." lol i really do feel sorry for you
Uh? I did higher tier maths GCSE and even I managed to get an A and A2 maths is bloody solid!

(*cringe* 'Nous allons' and 'tu vas')
Inkerman
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
History more deadly than Chemistry and Physics? I think not.
halfoflessthan50p
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Maybe i just had a crap maths teacher at GCSE then. I felt there was way more topics and loads of new stuff that was intoduced too quickly. The whole first AS module is basically just slowly teaching you differentiation. Now, C4 is mainly just little developments on stuff you already know (a few more trig identities, few more integrations etc.) Dont think anyone in my class is struggling (and im in a public school, not that well ranked.) Further maths: now thats a different kettle of imaginary, hyperbolic fish matrices! ahem, yes
sandettielightvessel
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It is definately relative, I know people who take computing and find it the most difficult subject they do, whereas for me its the easiest. Conversely I'm sure if I took, say, Chemistry or French I would find them dreadful. A lot of it is down to what each person finds easy or has an interest in, though naturally some courses will be regarded as more "difficult" by a large proportion of the population.
shinyhappy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Maths... why is maths not on there..?
Other than that, I'd hate to have done english. I'd never have managed it, because I never have the patience to write essays.
Out of the three I now take, chemistry is the hardest.
Popa Dom
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
did you do higher GCSE maths? i found that really hard, harder than A2 maths tbh)
I agree with that actually, at A level, maths papers are all very predictable, you know what you'll be asked and you pretty much know how they're going to ask you it. At GCSE though, you'd turn up to the exam and find questions that you'd never seen the likes of before, like weird proof questions and I remember sitting the GCSE exam paper was the first time I realised you could do pythagoras on a graph! So unlike A level, you can't just get used to doing the different types of questions they ask you, you actually have to think in GCSE exams. (though having said that it mght all just be because we'd never done any past papers for maths GCSE)
Who?
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Popa Dom)
I agree with that actually, at A level, maths papers are all very predictable, you know what you'll be asked and you pretty much know how they're going to ask you it. At GCSE though, you'd turn up to the exam and find questions that you'd never seen the likes of before, like weird proof questions and I remember sitting the GCSE exam paper was the first time I realised you could do pythagoras on a graph! So unlike A level, you can't just get used to doing the different types of questions they ask you, you actually have to think in GCSE exams. (though having said that it mght all just be because we'd never done any past papers for maths GCSE)

Ye, A2 maths is a joke. Further maths requires more effort- its not necessarily harder. But I suppose for those people who do not enjoy maths, have no interest in a maths related subject, it is the most difficult subject of all. I find that it is more difficult then the other subject due to the fact that you have to sit the 6 A level maths exams, before you can sit the 6 further maths exams...
candystrippa
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i reckon MUSIC is the hardest
rachelrainbow32
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
you havent included maths???? are you stupid!! have you ever seen, tried, omg *faints* it is bar far the hardest subject in the world, except for further maths but who in their right mind would take that?? :P
~the_one~
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Id say either Chemistry or Maths. Biology is memerising, and History is totally blagable, but time consuming (all those essays).

In Chem theres so so much to learn, but then you also have to apply it to loads of other stuff.

Maths, i dont actually find that hard throughout the year, but now im getting Us in it so it must be hard!!
I absolutly hate S2 and S3, when i go through something and practice it i'll be so good at it but literally 24 hours later, i've completely forgotten it. I find it so hard to remember stuff, and the questions are sometimes so similar it gets confussing, all those bloody distributions :mad:
paddy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
This is such a stupid poll, it doesn't even list Maths!
Latin is by far the most challenging A Level. Either that or Ancient Greek, but I wouldn't know about the latter.
I voted for languages instead, even though I don't think modern languages are as difficult. Spanish is my easiest subject by far!
Eau
Badges: 15
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Aired)
How can you say unless you've studied them all?

Oh, and you should probably include maths in the poll.
exactly

and maths can be very challenging, if you do Further A2
sebbie
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
right.... you have pyschology on that list but not maths or further maths......

on that list i'd have to say chemistry.....
halfoflessthan50p
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I think ive worked it out!

People who do arts subjects but one science subject (to contrast) pick Chemistry and so they find it hard.

I did Maths, Chem, Phys and English Lit at AS. Can you guess which one i found ridiculously hard?
Lucyvet2006
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Why isn't maths up there? or further maths I could NOT do that!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20

How many uni open days have you been to/did you go to?

0 (91)
29.26%
1 (52)
16.72%
2 (43)
13.83%
3 (46)
14.79%
4 (23)
7.4%
5 (22)
7.07%