What's your fav perfume and how did you pick it? Watch

rukayah
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yeah, looks like this no? http://www.perfume4sale.com/images/p...el-perfume.jpg i used to like it actually but now i think its gross

(Original post by Quita)
u sure ur talking about the original angel coz since the original came out in 1998 he's released different version.. e.g angel peony etc

Anyway i know a lot of people that like it and it is the only perfume i know that you can spray once and it'll last you all day... worth the money
Bowie88
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Quita)
u sure ur talking about the original angel coz since the original came out in 1998 he's released different version.. e.g angel peony etc

Anyway i know a lot of people that like it and it is the only perfume i know that you can spray once and it'll last you all day... worth the money

Actually the original Angel came out in 1992, and reportedly took over ten years to perfect. Also many department stores around the world almost refused to sell this when it first came out, because they felt it was so original people would just not buy it or appreciate it. How wrong they were. After Chanel No.5, Angel is the best selling female fragrance in Europe. The 1998 mugler release was Angel Innocent. The male version of angel A*Men was released in 1996. Angel is a masterpiece. Its sad that some many people don't understand this one. I think angel chooses the person, rather than the person choosing it. It is all down to skin chemistry.
completely random
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
My absolute all-time favourite scent is called Laura by Laura Biagiotti - I discovered it on holiday and it smells divine...and I don't know anyone else that wears it and not that many people (that I know of at least) have heard of it so its great so have something fairly unique. However, I interchange it with Deep Red by Hugo Boss, which I found out about because my next door neighbour in halls used to wear it when going out and the smell would linger in the air for hours, Hot by Benetton and D&G Feminine. Depends what mood I'm in really! Its good to have a signature scent but I like so many perfumes its a shame to keep to just one
Oh and Ralph Lauren Romance is amazing, really want to buy some when I have the money And Angel (as mentioned above) does smell really lovely.
xxcalicoxx
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I love Clive Christian's X, pure perfume for women. Unfortunately Clive Christian makes the most expensive perfume in the world, the most pricey being the limited edition of No.1 being £115,000 per bottle. Quite ridiculous lol. Only reason I can wear the perfume is coz i work as Clive Christian's PA when im not at uni. It is absoutely beautiful tho, and it smells different on every person coz it reacts with skin. Other than that, i really like Issey Miyake fragrances.
rukayah
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
its disgusting smells mouldy and sickly

(Original post by Bowie88)
Actually the original Angel came out in 1992, and reportedly took over ten years to perfect. Also many department stores around the world almost refused to sell this when it first came out, because they felt it was so original people would just not buy it or appreciate it. How wrong they were. After Chanel No.5, Angel is the best selling female fragrance in Europe. The 1998 mugler release was Angel Innocent. The male version of angel A*Men was released in 1996. Angel is a masterpiece. Its sad that some many people don't understand this one. I think angel chooses the person, rather than the person choosing it. It is all down to skin chemistry.
zhivago
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
My favourite of all is Provocative Woman by Elizabeth Arden, it's gorgeous.

I also like J'adore by Dior, Eternity by Calvin Klein and Armani Mania by Armani.

Provocative Woman is so nice, and yeah, I'd say AM is second.

I chose PW because there was a sample in a magazine once and it was gorgeous, and I first knew about AM because a girl I knew constantly smelled good so I asked her what she was wearing and she said AM!!

'Floral' by Paul Smith is also really nice I think.
rukayah
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i luv calvin klein limited edition perfumes
Bowie88
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by xxcalicoxx)
I love Clive Christian's X, pure perfume for women. Unfortunately Clive Christian makes the most expensive perfume in the world, the most pricey being the limited edition of No.1 being £115,000 per bottle. Quite ridiculous lol. Only reason I can wear the perfume is coz i work as Clive Christian's PA when im not at uni. It is absoutely beautiful tho, and it smells different on every person coz it reacts with skin. Other than that, i really like Issey Miyake fragrances.

To be honest the fragrance is not all the special to me really. The money is really for the bottle. Much prefer Creed though.
strawberry
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
oh and my favourite scent on men is Hugo Boss Energize. Damn I gave it to my boyfriend and now he's my ex so now I can't sniff him because he doesn't wanna see me. DAMMIT! :P I'll go buy another one. ahhahahha jk it cost me a bomb in yen.
Quita
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yeah thats the one...

and thanx for the info about the original date of release!
I think you are right it does choose the person and depends on how it mixes with your skin and I really love it!
danniella
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hello!

My favourite is Philosophy's "Falling in Love"; their shower gels are amazing and I saw the perfume around Valentine's Day and I really, really love the smell of it! (which I suppose is the idea!)

love danniella
dinkymints
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by rukayah)
if u love sweet smells u shd try anna sui secret wish and gucci.. i forgot what its called its in a pink square kind of bottle bt its soo nice
I'd guess that's Rush 2
Fiddle
Report 13 years ago
Gotta love CK euphoria!! Smells divine! Also Flower bomb by Viktor & Rolf is gorgeous to.
Pink Sparkles
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Can you order some free perfume samples online or something?
jimi
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
oooh just found this thread....
my signature scents are ghost and hugo boss intense!

but im also using
212 sexy - smells devine!
ralph lauren - romance
amor amor
lancome - hypnose - this is my new fave! ppl been askin me what im wearin wen i got it on and few my mates copied me and bought it too!

dont u just hate it wen u smell YOUR perfume on someone else im always like .. ur wearin my perfume ... u smell like me!!!

i like escada - paradise i think
and the stella one and the mcqueen one, i love euphoria - ck

i hate that agent provacteur one it just reeks tried it on at work one day and i cudnt get the smell off me, people wudnt come near me!
Gemma1725
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
My favs are lacoste, lacoste touch of pink and the new lacoste gold one! Also love cool water
Yuki Kashima
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Guerlain's l'instant de Guerlain.... mmmm it's yummy and all i ever use!!!
I got it as a tester with some of their face cream years ago and have never turned back!
Carreh
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by happydinosaur)
I love Clinque Happy as it smells so fresh and summery. An ex boyfriend bought it for me though so I hardly ever wear it..
Exactly the same.. damn men ruining really nice perfume! :rolleyes:

Eternity Moment for me atm.... think i got attacked by someone in debs and just fell in love with it.
jimi
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i love eternity moment, tlkin bout gettin attacked, first time ive tried it but j'adore is gorgeous, the lady at dior counter sprayed this shimmery edition with like gold glitter in it abs lovely want it!!!!!
blissy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Beyond Paradise for me - and ummm oh when I worked in boots I got some free testers and was hooked. Didn't get my own bottle till 3 years later!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (163)
51.75%
No (152)
48.25%

Watched Threads