Turn on thread page Beta

What Are The Best Extra Curricular Activities To Secure A Top Tc Or Pupillage watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondie22)
    I have bad a-level BUT I have a 2.1 LLB , LLM, was President of my uni law soc, play instruments , part of music soc commitee, part of law school board, helped at uni open days, took part in mooting in my second year, trained as a volunteer CAB advisor, good legal work experience (london and regional mini pupillages (3!), work experience in a small firm and an eversheds vac scheme) and still no luck with a training contract, so i have no clue what firms want
    From what I've heard Eversheds vac scheme is pretty hard to get on, so you did well there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethereal)
    From what I've heard Eversheds vac scheme is pretty hard to get on, so you did well there.
    i cant seem to get any interviews though havent had one during my whole lpc year

ReputationRep:
    where do you do your lpc?

ReputationRep:
    where do you do your lpc?
    nottingham law school!

ReputationRep:
    have you taken a copy of any of your applications to the careers service and asked them to look?

oh, and I'd take chalks up on his offer. very nice friendly helpful guy.

ReputationRep:
    both yep!
    i think i am just doomed to not get a training contact, i have very low a-levels

ReputationRep:
    I got Eversheds also ... and should be hearing back from BLP today or sometime this week!

Ethereal did you ever think it might be your references, maybe you weren't too good on your vac scheme if that didn't lead to a training contract ... hate to point out the obvious.

ReputationRep:
    ???

I didn't apply to Eversheds

ReputationRep:
    ???

I didn't apply to Eversheds
    I think that was directed at Blondie22, who did an Eversheds vac scheme!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.