Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Vague.:shakehand Perhaps I shouldn't be the person to welcome you, being the last to have joined TSR here, but since no one else has I am glad to take on the part.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ankan)
    Perhaps I shouldn't be the person to welcome you, being the last to have joined TSR here
    Not at all - I'm one of the first to welcome anyone to the LGBTsoc and I've only been a member of that for about a month.

ReputationRep:
    All right then. If any one wants to be welcomed to this thread I will do it. In flashes of flashes. Excuse my bad English, I have my good and my bad days as any other person. :poke:

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, ooh, I want to be welcomed!!! :p:

:evilb: :evilb:

:poke::whip

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Holly nice to have you here :shakehand:

Btw stop whipping me it hurts....:afraid:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ankan)
    Btw stop whipping me it hurts....:afraid:
    Sowwy :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ankan)
    This is all quite puzzling...:confused:
    Well, I said I'd explain myself, and I'm going to do so before I chicken out...I know I don't have to do this, but I want to because I just feel like I'm lying to you all.

For those who didn't see Skeve's post before he edited it, he was asking who Holly was. That's because it's not my name. My real name is Christopher...yeah, I'm not even female, but in recent months I've been accepting that I am transgendered (something I've felt since I was about ten years old). Despite being male on the outside, I am essentially female on the inside. Sometime in the future I plan to undergo gender reassignment surgery. As far as I'm concerned, posting on TSR as a male makes me feel like I'm lying to myself, so I chose to just present myself as a female.
    For the most part I have no real reason to let TSRians know about this, but Skeve and Icecradle had to find out because they met me in person in November, so they'd obviously be confused about why I was being called Holly instead of Chris.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalimyr)
    Well, I said I'd explain myself, and I'm going to do so before I chicken out...I know I don't have to do this, but I want to because I just feel like I'm lying to you all.

For those who didn't see Skeve's post before he edited it, he was asking who Holly was. That's because it's not my name. My real name is Christopher...yeah, I'm not even female, but in recent months I've been accepting that I am transgendered (something I've felt since I was about ten years old). Despite being male on the outside, I am essentially female on the inside. Sometime in the future I plan to undergo gender reassignment surgery. As far as I'm concerned, posting on TSR as a male makes me feel like I'm lying to myself, so I chose to just present myself as a female.
    For the most part I have no real reason to let TSRians know about this, but Skeve and Icecradle had to find out because they met me in person in November, so they'd obviously be confused about why I was being called Holly instead of Chris.
    It's brilliant that you decided to tell us yourself.:hugs: I have infact suspected this for some time. I mean in the first posts in "Ask a current student" you were called Christopher. I'm not sure but I don't think that there are too many girls called that, I might be wrong but... . Btw Icecradle said when she started writing that she offered a woman’s view or something like that. Any how this wasn't what I wanted to write to you...I am just happy that you feel good enough about yourself to confess this to us. . I think that means a lot. I think that you should undergo that surgery if you feel for it. You should never oppress yourself. I mean the only thing you really ever posses is your own self. You are what you are, I am what I am and all of us should be happy about it.

I have ONE question though. How did you get in to the girl lacrosse team?

Btw, I really hope that we'll meet sometime. Have a bal that's what it's all about after all.

// Anna

ReputationRep:
    apparently you cant get anything past ankan! you did your research!

don't worry Holly, be yourself. i had been wondering why you kept putting famous women on you avatar. i thort that you must be really self conscious about your image, which i suppose is almost right. Ah well your a holly to me! never, ever, lie to yourself you get nowhere!

well done that cannot have been easy, i have great respect for that.

ReputationRep:
    Good on you for telling us. Hope it all goes well.

(I kinda had a hunch, but it was due to a reply made by you in the h and r forum)

ReputationRep:
    *hugs*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ankan)
    I have infact suspected this for some time. I mean in the first posts in "Ask a current student" you were called Christopher. I'm not sure but I don't think that there are too many girls called that, I might be wrong but...
    Ah, you noticed that, then Was wondering how many of you would have seen my early messages in that topic

(Original post by Ankan)
    I have ONE question though. How did you get in to the girl lacrosse team?
    It's a mixed team. There are women's games and mixed games played under women's rules, and there are men's games played under men's rules (the men's team was new this year, though)

(Original post by Ankan)
    Btw, I really hope that we'll meet sometime. Have a bal that's what it's all about after all.
    Yep, I hope we'll eventually meet, just so I can see all of you in person Might see if I can get a job here in Galashiels and get myself a transfer to St Andrews :rolleyes:
    Or (more likely) I can arrange to come up for a day or something. Gah, I don't like thinking ahead - it gets me confused

(Original post by Parrotman)
    I kinda had a hunch, but it was due to a reply made by you in the h and r forum
    :confused: What the hell have I done now?! Got a link, or do you remember the thread at all?
    I should really go through my previous posts and ask for a mod to delete any of the ones that hint at me being male :rolleyes: A couple of people have caught on already, and I'm playing poker with one of them next week
    I think some of my comments in old F&B threads are a bit of a clue...Not that I'd lie if anyone was to ask if I was a guy, but for fairly obvious reasons I don't exactly want this going too public. If anyone asks, I always PM them my reply instead of posting in a thread...I'm making an exception here because so few people read the StA's board - it's not like H&R or GD where most people will come across some posts I make.

Nice to see how everyone's been so understanding and accepting about it, though I only wish the same can be said about my dad...he's seen things like nail polish and eyeshadow (though he didn't know it was eyeshadow) in my room and made comments like "I worry about you sometimes" - he is SO narrow-minded that I have no idea how badly he'd take it if I told him...I know he'd not be too surprised, but he wouldn't take it well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalimyr)
    Nice to see how everyone's been so understanding and accepting about it, though I only wish the same can be said about my dad...he's seen things like nail polish and eyeshadow (though he didn't know it was eyeshadow) in my room and made comments like "I worry about you sometimes" - he is SO narrow-minded that I have no idea how badly he'd take it if I told him...I know he'd not be too surprised, but he wouldn't take it well.
    Oh, I really wish that people would find nail polish and eye shadow in my room. I haven’t used it in years but then I look slightly disturbed when I've put it on myself. :rolleyes:

Dad's do you think that they are the least understanding people or what?:rolleyes: I guess he's just looking out for you though, in his way. Remember that people might surprise you. Oh, speaking of that I'm thinking of adding a pic, of me then not Rome.:p: But then again.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ankan)
    Remember that people might surprise you.
    Not my dad...he's very homophobic, racist, sexist, etcetera, etcetera. This is a person who, when I told him that he could rent out Brokeback Mountain, said to me "F**k off, I'm not getting that film with the gay cowboys. F**king poofters."...similarly, he was talking about Ghana beating Croatia at the football yesterday, but accidentally referred to them as Angola. When I corrected him, his reply was "Same thing. The f**king black c**ts."
    What I can't stand, though, is that he knows that the things he's saying are politically incorrect, but he just doesn't care.

(Original post by Ankan)
    Oh, speaking of that I'm thinking of adding a pic, of me then not Rome.:p: But then again.....
    Ooh, we want piccies, we want piccies *bangs hands on table*

Just randomly, here is a pic of moi, taken 3 weeks ago. Not exactly me at my best, but it's the only recent pic I have handy and I can't be bothered digging out the webcam again :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Well just to get started I'll add a pic here. Of my graduation, a glorious day..mmmm:lollypop:

ReputationRep:
    Christopher your hair just rocks, my mum's always pesters me about getting mine cut!

I want that hat Anna!

And since everyone seems to be doing so, that's me, on the last day of school. (Albeit still with exams)
    http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/8...60light2kc.png

ReputationRep:
    I want that hat Anna!
    Well you aren't getting it. It took me three years to get it and now I have it and all my friends signatures in it. That's worth saving.

What is that thing you hold in your hand? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    ah, everyone looks very nice, excellent to see what ppl look like! long hair is dashing imo! same, dibs on Anna's hat!!

ReputationRep:
    my mum's always pesters me about getting mine cut!
    It's the same with me...though my mum has seen that I look after my hair, so doesn't complain any more. My dad still calls me a poof or calls me Christina sometimes to annoy me, but he doesn't mind it as long as I don't tie it back in a ponytail :confused:

I want that hat Anna!
    So do I :rolleyes:
    I just felt like joining in :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ebonyphoenix)
    Course: English, IR, and Modern History
    Conditions: Unconditional
    Current Location: sunny Southern California
    Hi, saw your post and my daughter was accepted there but thinking it is to isolated and remote, not much for a social life. She is a Psych major and thinking Edinburgh, Glasgow and now may change Glasgow as hearing of thread I have under Lisa's Mum of issues there to Exeter. Also, was accepted to Nottingham, crime issues there and Leeds. She is from Sacramento and I see you are in Cali, also. Did you apply with an IB score, like she? Did you visit St. Andrews at all? A classmate decided on this school also but Lisa is just not 100 percent sure and not as fun as some of the other choices.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 3, 2006
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.