International Relations Applicants 2013 Watch

Brennig
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Does anyone know good Universities for Latin America based International Politics, not many have modules based on Latin America. So yeah, anyone? I think Sussex, Bath and Sheffield have some. I already have ABB, looking to get that to AAB by re-sitting a Maths exam.
Last edited by Brennig; 5 years ago
ally_94
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
History & International relations:
St Andrews
East Anglia
Philosophy, History & International Relations:
Lancaster
Exeter
Durham
ally_94
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
History & International Relations:
1. East Anglia
2. St Andrews

History, International Relations & Philosophy:
1. Durham
2. Lancaster
3. Exeter
MohammedAlam94
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've applied to Sheffield, Manchester, Southampton, Queen Mary and Loughborough for Politics and International Relations.
So far I've received 3 offers in the last 3 days from Manchester (AAB), Queen Mary (ABB) and Loughborough (ABB).
Has anyone received an offer from Sheffield yet? I haven't even had a confirmation email... Really want to go there. :/
MohammedAlam94
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Rennie Akoni)
Finally some good news!! Got an IR offer from Loughborough just now . My first offer
This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Aww congrats!! I received my IR offer from Loughborough yesterday!!

Have you received a letter yet? I was wondering when the open day for the course was..
Scarz
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I have applied to Kings for International Politics. Westminster, Queen Mary and Birkbeck for International Relations and Politics at SOAS.
Rennie Akoni
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by MohammedAlam94)
Aww congrats!! I received my IR offer from Loughborough yesterday!!

Have you received a letter yet? I was wondering when the open day for the course was..
Yaay!! Well done . Well I think I've got the letter sent home but haven't I haven't seen it because I'm in boarding .

It should probably say on the letter when the department visit day is, if not then can email them.

Are you going to firm Loughborough??

faywood
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've applied to Sheffield, Manchester, Southampton, Queen Mary and Loughborough for Politics and International Relations.
So far I've received 3 offers in the last 3 days from Manchester (AAB), Queen Mary (ABB) and Loughborough (ABB).
Has anyone received an offer from Sheffield yet? I haven't even had a confirmation email... Really want to go there. :/

i got an offer from sheffield, nearly two weeks after i sent it off, so im sure you'll get one
JJJJJJJ
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Did anyone apply to politics and need an interview?

Anyone apply to southampton, queen mary for politics?
JJJJJJJ
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by mwainwright1)
I've applied for Edinburgh, Exeter, Bath, Southampton and Kent, and i have offers from Southampton and Kent

Does anyone have an offer from exeter? Its my first choice and i really want to go there!!!!

What are your prediction grades? Sorry just because I have applied to Southampton too
JJJJJJJ
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

hey! when did u send ur application off? and whats your prediction grades? sorry, only because i have applied to queen mary, loughborough and still waiting.
MohammedAlam94
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Rennie Akoni)
Yaay!! Well done . Well I think I've got the letter sent home but haven't I haven't seen it because I'm in boarding .

It should probably say on the letter when the department visit day is, if not then can email them.

Are you going to firm Loughborough??

I received an offer from Southampton (ABB) today!!

That's my fourth offer in the space of five days.

I'm not too sure yet whether or not I will be making Loughborough my firm. I'm going to make a decision based on the open day, plus I've kind of got my hopes up for Sheffield. (If I get an offer )

What about you, is it definitely your firm? Have you received any other offers?
MohammedAlam94
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by faywood)
i got an offer from sheffield, nearly two weeks after i sent it off, so im sure you'll get one
I really really REALLY hope so!!

I'm a bit anxious because with all my other choices I received acknowledgment emails within days. It's been little over two weeks now and Sheffield haven't even confirmed that they've seen my application.

Congrats on receiving an offer!!
They're asking for AAB right?

Where else have you applied?
MohammedAlam94
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by JJJJJJJ)
hey! when did u send ur application off? and whats your prediction grades? sorry, only because i have applied to queen mary, loughborough and still waiting.
I sent off my application on the 23rd November (so just over two weeks ago) and received offers from QM and Lboro earlier this week. They both gave offers based on me achieving ABB and I've been predicted AAB.

Although I'm not too sure about how seriously QM stick to the ABB requirements I have a friend who received an offer from Lboro for IR as well and his predictions were ABC. They seem to be a bit more flexible in terms of predicted grades but I'm sure your personal statement makes all the difference!!

Good luck and don't worry too much, I'm sure you'll get the offers!!
Dolcevita.
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've just rejected from Edinburgh :'(
mleonard1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Dolcevita.)
I've just rejected from Edinburgh :'(
Dolcevita, if you don't mind me asking, what grades do you have? Ive reapplied for edinburgh for IR and am still waiting a response.
Rennie Akoni
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I received an offer from Southampton (ABB) today!!

That's my fourth offer in the space of five days.

I'm not too sure yet whether or not I will be making Loughborough my firm. I'm going to make a decision based on the open day, plus I've kind of got my hopes up for Sheffield. (If I get an offer )

What about you, is it definitely your firm? Have you received any other offers?
Ayee! Well done on your other offer. I've got offers from Sheffield, Loughborough & York. I got my sheffield offer over 2 weeks after sending my application, so yours will be soon .

I think Loughborough will be my Insurance and I'll firm either Bristol (if they give me an offer) or York, depending on the visit day

mwainwright1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by JJJJJJJ)
What are your prediction grades? Sorry just because I have applied to Southampton too
My predicted grades are A*AB do you have any offers yet??
JJJJJJJ
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by mwainwright1)
My predicted grades are A*AB do you have any offers yet??
No offers yet! But I have only just sent it on wednes this week!
JJJJJJJ
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I sent off my application on the 23rd November (so just over two weeks ago) and received offers from QM and Lboro earlier this week. They both gave offers based on me achieving ABB and I've been predicted AAB.

Although I'm not too sure about how seriously QM stick to the ABB requirements I have a friend who received an offer from Lboro for IR as well and his predictions were ABC. They seem to be a bit more flexible in terms of predicted grades but I'm sure your personal statement makes all the difference!!

Good luck and don't worry too much, I'm sure you'll get the offers!!
AHHH thats good to hear about your friend, because Im predicted ABC too! You think QM will be flexible and give me an offer? These two are my top choices!
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Teesside University
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (44)
97.78%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (1)
2.22%

Watched Threads