How much are you paid per hour in your job? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Funtry
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Lucy-1995)
Yeah but i dont turn 18 till the month before I'll be going to uni so I'll be leaving then! It really is a *****!:unimpressed:
Ahh! I'm turning 18 right in the middle of summer exams, so I can get a couple of months working in there

Look at retail, you don't get tips, but it's a better wage for most places
Lucy-1995
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Funtry)
Ahh! I'm turning 18 right in the middle of summer exams, so I can get a couple of months working in there

Look at retail, you don't get tips, but it's a better wage for most places
Yeah I might have to! Although the tips can be pretty good and sometimes double my wages!!
Funtry
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeah I might have to! Although the tips can be pretty good and sometimes double my wages!!
that's what I wish I got!! People tend to tell me to keep the change but I have to give it to charity, which I know is the moral thing to do but still..

Most people to tip I suppose! Unless you work somewhere like a chain, in which case it may not be so much :rolleyes:
Lucy-1995
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
that's what I wish I got!! People tend to tell me to keep the change but I have to give it to charity, which I know is the moral thing to do but still..

Most people to tip I suppose! Unless you work somewhere like a chain, in which case it may not be so much :rolleyes:
Yeah its a one off restaurant, and its literally only old people who go there! They seem to tip quite well!
Funtry
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeah its a one off restaurant, and its literally only old people who go there! They seem to tip quite well!
Oh so that's good then! Rich old people will always tip well :ahee:
Lucy-1995
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Oh so that's good then! Rich old people will always tip well :ahee:
Yeah!! And they're always like 'I've left it on the table, make sure you keep it all!' Haha
dobbys sock
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Pounds per hour: £7.75
Hours per week: 37.5
Job position: Receptionist
Donald Duck
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
23 euros per hour
40 per week (I don't get paid overtime, though I work more like 55 hours per week)
Business Development Manager
Holland
Funtry
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeah!! And they're always like 'I've left it on the table, make sure you keep it all!' Haha
Ahaha! That sounds good! Kinda jealous now, I just get shouted at for the till breaking again, and get shouted at for not knowing when the next order of pigeon grit is in for. :unimpressed:
Lucy-1995
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ahaha! That sounds good! Kinda jealous now, I just get shouted at for the till breaking again, and get shouted at for not knowing when the next order of pigeon grit is in for. :unimpressed:
Oh that doesn't sound too good! I hate when people ask questions i just don't know the answer to! Like can i eat this if i have this kind of allergy? - How would I know?! :unimpressed:
jonski
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Pounds per hours: $30
Hours per week: 38
Job position: Customer Service
City: Melbourne
Funtry
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Oh that doesn't sound too good! I hate when people ask questions i just don't know the answer to! Like can i eat this if i have this kind of allergy? - How would I know?! :unimpressed:
I had that when I worked at a charity cafe I don't know if your lesser spotted shrew allergy will affect your ability to drink coke ffs. I hate it when people expect me to know everything about every animal in the world too, I'm hardly here writing a zoology dissertation mate. :unimpressed:
georose
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Pounds per hour: £6.80 on weekday/£9.90 ish on Sunday
Hours per week: 7.5
Job Position: Work in Waitrose
City: Not in a city but live in Somerset
blubimnotafish
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Approximately 2,84 pounds per hour
Usually (in the winter season at least) 7,5 hours every other week
Job position: cashier at entry, souvenir shop cashier, playground assistant
I work at the Dutch bird park called Avifauna.
Lucy-1995
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I had that when I worked at a charity cafe I don't know if your lesser spotted shrew allergy will affect your ability to drink coke ffs. I hate it when people expect me to know everything about every animal in the world too, I'm hardly here writing a zoology dissertation mate. :unimpressed:
Haha definitely!! And they ask me how big the portions are, so i try and give them an idea with my hands and the food comes and they're like 'You said this was smaller!!':unimpressed:
Funtry
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Haha definitely!! And they ask me how big the portions are, so i try and give them an idea with my hands and the food comes and they're like 'You said this was smaller!!':unimpressed:
Haha, yeah that wouldn't be fun, I'd sass them back and say "just don't eat it all then, don't moan at me!" :unimpressed:
redferry
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Pounds per hour: £8.10 plus petrol
Hours per week: 6-12
Job Position: Ecologist
City: Leeds, Bristol, Cardiff, Swansea, Bradford (basically wherever they want me but I have worked at the Leeds and Bristol offices)
Aspiringlawstudent
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Texan88)
24-25 this year, its not exactly easy to get a high paying job when you are a college student with not too much experience in the job world.
Is this in the uk?

If so, that's below the minimum wage...
Lucy-1995
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Haha, yeah that wouldn't be fun, I'd sass them back and say "just don't eat it all then, don't moan at me!" :unimpressed:
Haha yeah! Silly customers:unimpressed: < I'm seriously loving this face!
Funtry
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Haha yeah! Silly customers:unimpressed: < I'm seriously loving this face!
*and annoying :unimpressed:

You should check out this website, it's amazing http://notalwaysright.com/

:unimpressed: is the 2nd best face after :ahee: is why ;D
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (150)
60.24%
No I haven't decided yet (56)
22.49%
Yes but I might change my mind (43)
17.27%

Watched Threads