airdoc
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Name:  last term + early summer 345.JPG
Views: 110
Size:  163.6 KB

A small supercar convoy I took part in! I helped my friend film for his car channel too (In the video I'm filming from the Boxster S)
Cars involved: 458 italia, 458 spider, r8 v10 spyder, r8 v8, sls amg x2, lamborghini gallardo + a superleggera, lamborghini murcielago, cl65 amg..

Liammm
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Not very exciting, but I passed a Maserati Granturismo in Edinburgh airport the other day. Apart from that, the only noticeable car was an E Type Jaguar passing through my village.
Moura
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
lol the list is endless, i saw a chrome bugatti veyron about 3 months ago while i was driving. i have developed a love for supercars. that was my most flash car spot. i saw a very lovely maserati MC12 the other day. have to say my fave marque is a mclaren though. beautiful. i have a hatred for porche drivers though, along with their cars.
Moura
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by RobinK)
Got quite a few pictures on my laptop (I'm a pretty big car enthusiast) but here's a car that's not been posted yet.
Attachment 230154
haha where were you! looks like we have seen the same car or very similar.
RobinK
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Moura)
haha where were you! looks like we have seen the same car or very similar.
I think I was on Park Lane at the time Completely agree with you about Porsches, I just can't bring myself to like them As you mentioned McLaren...
Name:  DSC01319.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  551.4 KB

Spotted on the same day.
Moura
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think I was on Park Lane at the time Completely agree with you about Porsches, I just can't bring myself to like them As you mentioned McLaren...
Name:  DSC01319.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  551.4 KB

Spotted on the same day.
aw ok maybe not the same one then, unless they travel around a lot. i wonder how many are in circulation.

and very nice!
RobinK
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Moura)
aw ok maybe not the same one then, unless they travel around a lot. i wonder how many are in circulation.

and very nice!
Where abouts did you spot yours? I suppose if I had one I'd be travelling in it whenever I could!

I've wondered that too. With the losses Bugatti supposedly make on each car they sell there can't be too many...
Moura
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Where abouts did you spot yours? I suppose if I had one I'd be travelling in it whenever I could!

I've wondered that too. With the losses Bugatti supposedly make on each car they sell there can't be too many...
i would be too scared to drive it!

it was in monaco

they make losses? then why do they bother?
ZRO
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Lol Mclaren MP4-12C doing tunnel runs today, sounded crazy! Saw 3x E60 M5s, Cls 63 AMG, Mercedes SLS AMG, lots of Astons (passed a dealership), and a Ferrari F430 today.

Posted from TSR Mobile
RobinK
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Moura)
i would be too scared to drive it!

it was in monaco

they make losses? then why do they bother?
Haha I must admit I'd be terrified every time my foot went any where near the accelerator

Bet you saw a load of nice cars in Monaco! They supposedly sell veyrons for around £1million but spend £5million producing them - it's just a loss leader to generate media hype etc. When you think that Bugatti is owned by Volkswagen, it's just a drop in the ocean.
Hustler-1337
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by airdoc)
I had a pretty brisk ride in this beast! The SLS Roadster is pure joy! Feels very fast indeed, and OH THE NOISE! :borat:

Attachment 230359
How did you manage to get a ride in that?

(Original post by Moura)
lol the list is endless, i saw a chrome bugatti veyron about 3 months ago while i was driving. i have developed a love for supercars. that was my most flash car spot. i saw a very lovely maserati MC12 the other day. have to say my fave marque is a mclaren though. beautiful. i have a hatred for porche drivers though, along with their cars.
I don't have a hatred for porsche drivers, but I never understood the appeal with Porsche. They may be great cars, but aesthetically, I don't find any of the Porsches attractive at all - pretty ugly IMO.
RobinK
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Hustler-1337)
I don't have a hatred for porsche drivers, but I never understood the appeal with Porsche. They may be great cars, but aesthetically, I don't find any of the Porsches attractive at all - pretty ugly IMO.
Couldn't agree more. They seem to have a pride in the fact that aesthetically their cars never really change, but to me it doesn't really show evolution.
... Unless you're Aston Martin - their cars are allowed to look the same beautiful things.
Moura
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Haha I must admit I'd be terrified every time my foot went any where near the accelerator

Bet you saw a load of nice cars in Monaco! They supposedly sell veyrons for around £1million but spend £5million producing them - it's just a loss leader to generate media hype etc. When you think that Bugatti is owned by Volkswagen, it's just a drop in the ocean.
that's a pretty good bargain then, next time i have 1 million floating around i know what i'm going to do with it!

i actually live near monaco right now so i have become kind of immune to seeing nice cars :P there are still some really beautiful cars around here though that make me go "wow!"
airdoc
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Hustler-1337)
How did you manage to get a ride in that?

Belongs to friend of a friend
airdoc
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Moura)
they are ugly and i don't like the unwarranted arrogance of porche drivers. i can understand "pride" in owning a car like a lambo or maserati or bently or ferrari etc. but not a porche. sorry but it is is not a classy car. porches seem somewhat tacky to me now, like they are trying too hard, i don't know.
I beg to differ..

Name:  2011-Porsche-911-GT3-RS-4.0.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  54.0 KB
airdoc
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Moura)
they are ugly and i don't like the unwarranted arrogance of porche drivers. i can understand "pride" in owning a car like a lambo or maserati or bently or ferrari etc. but not a porche. sorry but it is is not a classy car. porches seem somewhat tacky to me now, like they are trying too hard, i don't know.
Also, having met and spoken to many drivers of different marques, Porsche drivers are among the friendliest! You can't judge all drivers by a few you might have had a bad experience with..

anonymouse01
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1372803623.185798.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  132.2 KB in a garage
Also, follow my twitter for car **** @rjvCars

Posted from TSR Mobile
New green-gemmed account is in beta stages. See you on the other side
RobinK
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by airdoc)
I beg to differ..

Name:  2011-Porsche-911-GT3-RS-4.0.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  54.0 KB
As car manufacturers go, I think Porsche (or at least their aesthetics) are quite polarising. For me, I'm really not a fan of that picture, but I know plenty who would be. I have to concede you do get quite a lot of bang for your buck with them though.
airdoc
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Moura)
sorry but i think it is ugly.

ok well fair enough i appreciate your experience but mine is definitely different! maybe there's a difference between the fact that the porche drivers i have met are relatively well off blokes trying to fit in (and i mean relative to the average joe bloggs) in a place with many nice(r) cars... and car enthusiasts, whom i assume are the type you have met.
Haha, to each their own.. I don't find most of the older Porsches very attractive, but the newish ones don't look too bad.. The people I meet are generally enthusiasts, but there are a lot of very well off blokes, and generally, from what I've seen Ferrari owners are more stereotypically the ones to watch out for.. haha
airdoc
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
As car manufacturers go, I think Porsche (or at least their aesthetics) are quite polarising. For me, I'm really not a fan of that picture, but I know plenty who would be. I have to concede you do get quite a lot of bang for your buck with them though.
True, I can see what you mean, everyone has their own preference..

Also.. Ferrari 458 Spider and a Rolls Royce Phantom (or ghost) spotted on Sloane street!
Name:  last term + early summer 304.JPG
Views: 242
Size:  411.7 KB
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (113)
17.82%
It's just nice to be back! (172)
27.13%
Not great so far... (227)
35.8%
I want to drop out! (122)
19.24%

Watched Threads