Theflyingbarney
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
My worst A-level was Maths (got a C, all the others were A or above). I actually did fairly well at AS and got an A in it in year 11, but then come the A2 I'd moved to college where the teacher was awful. I got a D in the A2, including an E in C4, which needless to say dragged my grade down somewhat
SannaS
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Oaktree)
Surprisingly enough Business studies, Im predicted a D, whereas im predicted A's in Maths and French :L Yeah work that one out
wow! i cant work that out!
super_kawaii
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Politics-I got a C in it at the end of A2
Jarc
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
General studies. Had to be the worst exam board for it.
zakkaz
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It has to be Maths, I genuinely respect anyone who get an A*, A and even B in that subject, I swear it'll be the death of me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ladymarshmallow
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Although I'm only currently doing my Scottish Highers (equivalent to AS), I can safely say that English has become the bane of my life. So. Many. Critical. Essays. And the mind-numbing tedium that is textual analysis and close reading. The only part of the course I've enjoyed is the creative writing aspect, although you're given minimal opportunity to do that. Also Modern studies (a mix of politics, sociology, etc, but don't be fooled by the name - it's actually a respected subject); so many pesky statistics to remember.
Doskey
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Eng Lit. I got an E and was happy with it
Babbits
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Psychology. apparently its so much easier than Biology yet I'm getting A's in bio and C's in Psycho... im a straight A student otherwise!
Boy_wonder_95
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by bexlovescandy)
Physics, since I can't do practical exams...
Ahh I've got my first Physics practical exam tomorrow... any tips you can offer me?
bexlovescandy
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
Ahh I've got my first Physics practical exam tomorrow... any tips you can offer me?
Don't do what I did (Not exactly sure what it was that I did, but yeah.) Haha, just follow the instructions carefully. That's one fo the main things. And make sure you're good with all that how science works nonsense.

Good luck
Boy_wonder_95
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Don't do what I did (Not exactly sure what it was that I did, but yeah.) Haha, just follow the instructions carefully. That's one fo the main things. And make sure you're good with all that how science works nonsense.

Good luck
Alright thanks , the coursework is based on Mechanics and we got to make our own rollercoasters , what did you get at the end of it then? And what exam board you with?
bexlovescandy
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Alright thanks , the coursework is based on Mechanics and we got to make our own rollercoasters , what did you get at the end of it then? And what exam board you with?
AQA A. I sat the AS empa last year, got a D, lol. Literally scraped it. Sat an AS ISA as a resit, think it went just as bad aha.
wrexhamfc
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm only halfway through my A2 but last year my weakest was History, so I dropped it. This year, since I'm doing FM as an AS instead, I'm quite worried.
Rosaknows
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ok this isn't answering the question but I really have to ask; did anyone take latin or German and if so, how did you find it?
Boy_wonder_95
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
AQA A. I sat the AS empa last year, got a D, lol. Literally scraped it. Sat an AS ISA as a resit, think it went just as bad aha.
Ahh do you have any idea what didn't go well? So that I don't make the same mistakes , did it affect your overall physics grade much? Sorry for the 21 questions haha
bexlovescandy
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ahh do you have any idea what didn't go well? So that I don't make the same mistakes , did it affect your overall physics grade much? Sorry for the 21 questions haha
It's okay I think it was just bad preparation. Didn't know what to expect. Didn't use very good skills drawing tables and graphs. Rushed a little too. It did. I mean, I got A's in both theory units, but the D gave me a B overall. I'm just fortunate that it is my fourth a-level :L
Boy_wonder_95
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's okay I think it was just bad preparation. Didn't know what to expect. Didn't use very good skills drawing tables and graphs. Rushed a little too. It did. I mean, I got A's in both theory units, but the D gave me a B overall. I'm just fortunate that it is my fourth a-level :L
Ahh unlucky! :console:, how far off was you from the A mark? It must of been due to a bad teacher because usually they go through a practise one with you. I hate practicals wish it was just theory! But still if a B was in your worst subject then you must of done really good in your other 3
bexlovescandy
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ahh unlucky! :console:, how far off was you from the A mark? It must of been due to a bad teacher because usually they go through a practise one with you. I hate practicals wish it was just theory! But still if a B was in your worst subject then you must of done really good in your other 3
I was 9 marks off I've not done all of my A2's yet so it could all change At the moment Physics is just impossible, but that's only because in AS I relied on Maths rather than understanding. For me I think A2 needs a bit more understanding. (I suppose if I'm thinking about it, ICT was my worst subject aha, a B that I did at school that was 12 marks off an A. But I don't count that :L)
Boy_wonder_95
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I was 9 marks off I've not done all of my A2's yet so it could all change At the moment Physics is just impossible, but that's only because in AS I relied on Maths rather than understanding. For me I think A2 needs a bit more understanding. (I suppose if I'm thinking about it, ICT was my worst subject aha, a B that I did at school that was 12 marks off an A. But I don't count that :L)
Ahh your making me not look forward to Physics next year , and I've just started to get into the hang of it haha. But I'm sure you'll be fine since your doing double maths which complement physics really well... especially Mechanics!

Eurghh I agree with you on ICT its the worst thing ever, so pointless and meaningless, I put so much work put into a subject in which I didn't even end up with a qualification at the end of it :lol:... thats how bad it is!
nixonsjellybeans
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Biology for myself
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (113)
17.77%
It's just nice to be back! (173)
27.2%
Not great so far... (227)
35.69%
I want to drop out! (123)
19.34%

Watched Threads