Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sammydemon)
    Perhaps you're right. Like I said, I don't know.

Men also have an image to live up to with a lot of girls - more predominantly the way we behave rather than the way we look, which is often more difficult to change.

So if you don't want to change the way you look - don't do it!

I'm sure there are aspects of a man's appearance that you are partial to. Muscularity? A certain hair style? A certain height, dress sense or mannerism?
    Dunno bout men and women for me.

I am always surprised what gets me in sexy-time mode.
    So their ins't something which I would expect from men... even having a penis. (that's just me )

I do like people to be 'critical thinkers'.
    I like people who can do this - VERY sexy!!!

I know what you mean though, with everything you have said.
    I think it is just because it is not biologically advantageous I don't want to play to it.
    However I will ALWAYS pluck my eyebrows I love having strong defined brows, they give me a real scary 'angry face'.

ReputationRep:
    This topic seems to be seriously divisive!

On one hand there are guys saying that not shaving everything off is completely disgusting but then there are also guys saying that shaving it is disgusting and looks prepubescent.
    It seems like women can never win :rolleyes:

Men are lucky that they don't have to face as many of these impossible to meet standards of beauty.

My personal preference:
    Mow the verges, trim the front garden

ReputationRep:
    Also judging by my (no homo) experiences in the uni gym, the 70's bush seems to be making a comeback

...but maybe it's just the continentals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by victoriajackson)
    Yeah but there's a massive difference between the pain of say plucking eyebrows, the odd shaving cut, straightner/curler burn and muscle burn from the gym and that. Seriously I've tried it all off a few times and it's horrible experience from start to when it grows back, its torture having an itch you can't scratch! Waxing bikini area is bad enough but I can cope with that because that's beneficial in the long run it's just too sensitive to do all over though No I can't stand it when people can't be bothered with themselves not saying you have to look perfect all the time but a little bit of effort is nice, I've noticed people that can't be bothered with themselves generally can't be bothered putting effort into anything else as well.

I don't know who negged you or why, perhaps it was the whole pain thing interpreted wrong.
    I think we've got our wires crossed.

A trim, with an electric trimmer say, is fine, you don't have to go mad with the shaving foam. What I find a complete turn off though is a massive 1980's style bush...on that note (from 3.30 onwards):

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LittleMissNoface)
    .....cats are nice to stroke....
    But a mouth full of cat hair is probably not nice even cats cough it up hahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SubAtomic)
    But a mouth full of cat hair is probably not nice even cats cough it up hahaha
    ey ey
    The example given was for touching purposes, cat was suited. Me ain't gunna say licking cats is a good idea.

Licking actual pussy is a little different - I have never got a mouthful of hair from that

It is when there is the stubble!!!
    hate the stubble - either completely smooth (impossible for me with such a sexy grow rate) or looovely soft fuzz, yuuummies

ReputationRep:
    I like jungle, I'd feel like Tarzan!

ReputationRep:
    because if the beauty/health industry creates a problem they have and can sell the magic solution.

ReputationRep:
    ey ey
    The example given was for touching purposes, cat was suited. Me ain't gunna say licking cats is a good idea.

Licking actual pussy is a little different - I have never got a mouthful of hair from that

It is when there is the stubble!!!
    hate the stubble - either completely smooth (impossible for me with such a sexy grow rate) or looovely soft fuzz, yuuummies
    My mind is so messed up ! :rofl:

I started reading from the middle then looked up and noticed you are talking cats!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chefdave)
    I think we've got our wires crossed.

A trim, with an electric trimmer say, is fine, you don't have to go mad with the shaving foam. What I find a complete turn off though is a massive 1980's style bush...on that note (from 3.30 onwards):

Hahaha yeah I think we have definitely got our wires crossed! I agree with you trim with an electric trimmer is enough, wouldn't dream of letting it just all grow free :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kidomo)
    My mind is so messed up ! :rofl:

I started reading from the middle then looked up and noticed you are talking cats!
    haha yea sorry went from talking bout cats to pussy

All in all.
    I have never minded licking hairy lady-parts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2ndClass)
    x.
    Why don't you go off and try waxing your ballsack?
    Then you may come back and comment on what women should do with their bodies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by therisenmitten)
    This topic seems to be seriously divisive!

On one hand there are guys saying that not shaving everything off is completely disgusting but then there are also guys saying that shaving it is disgusting and looks prepubescent.
    It seems like women can never win :rolleyes:

Men are lucky that they don't have to face as many of these impossible to meet standards of beauty.

My personal preference:
    Mow the verges, trim the front garden
    Agreed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by therisenmitten)
    Why don't you go off and try waxing your ballsack?
    Then you may come back and comment on what women should do with their bodies.
    Well said, really don't think they understand how painful the entire process is!
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    Okay okay.
    So from what I know (which may wrong) women started to shave when clothes got shorter, and everyone seems to understand that.
    However I still don't get it?
    Why would women want to stop being hairy all of a sudden?
    Has it always been seen as unsightly for women? Was there ever a time when it wasn't?
    Why would we evolve with something if it unappealing for the opposite sex?
    However I would of thought that hair was never unsightly as it shows puberty has occurred, thus fertility?
    Looking younger and hairless surely is a sign of being too young to mate with?

Please can someone explain this to me?
    I think cultural shifts can happen within a few years whereas evolutionary time is thousands. Let's assume that we have got good evidence on whether or not women shaved their pubic hair from the last few centuries at the very best. Evolution would be lagging behind. Why it came about is probably the result of a similar thing as to why men no longer have as much facial hair. The modern human associates shaving with putting effort into making themselves "appealing" or "on display" like a peacock putting it's feathers out. This sort of showing you care and are looking for a mate could be received and acted upon by others. I'm not sure but maybe something like this.

ReputationRep:
    Okay okay.
    So from what I know (which may wrong) women started to shave when clothes got shorter, and everyone seems to understand that.
    However I still don't get it?
    Why would women want to stop being hairy all of a sudden?
    Has it always been seen as unsightly for women? Was there ever a time when it wasn't?
    Why would we evolve with something if it unappealing for the opposite sex?
    However I would of thought that hair was never unsightly as it shows puberty has occurred, thus fertility?
    Looking younger and hairless surely is a sign of being too young to mate with?

Please can someone explain this to me?
    http://www.cracked.com/article_20324...campaigns.html

Even for your average non-bearded lady, shaving is a torturous task: It's time-consuming; you've got to cover, like, 30 times the surface area of your average guy's face; and that **** grows back so fast, you'd swear someone swapped your shower gel with Miracle-Gro. There aren't even any real benefits -- it's not like shaggy leg syndrome is a health risk or something. But you do it because ... wait, do we really even need to provide a "because" here? Seriously, hairy pits and legs on a woman? Come on.

Photos.com

"If only I could remove my legs and arms altogether."
    But It Actually Came From ...
    We've previously talked about how razors are pointlessly high-tech, but in reality, women's razors are just plain pointless. Beauty books and catalogs from the pre-World War I era clearly show that the majority of American women at the time didn't give two ****s about underarm or leg hair.

Photos.com

Flavor country, circa 1913.
    Shortly after World War I, however, advertisers suddenly started pretending that a hairless body was an established desire for women. These advertisements didn't explain why women should remove hair, they just offered them a product for doing so, therefore suggesting that a market for said product already existed. And women snapped that stuff up like candy -- abrasive, irritating, skin-raking candy. Of course, one need only consider that most women to this day use much of the time spent scraping the flesh off of their legs actively cursing the fact that such a market exists to see that those old-timey advertisers were full of ****.

Photos.com

"Don Draper can suck it."
    There were a handful of upper-class women with a desire to remove superfluous hair on the face, but no one had any desire whatsoever to remove the hair from their armpits or legs, especially considering the fact that the fashions of the day didn't generally bare much skin. But that all changed when advertisements such as the Milady Decollete Gillette page in Harper's Bazaar showed a woman with hairless armpits. These advertisements, which collectively have been awesomely dubbed "The Great Underarm Campaign," are what you guys can thank for your smooth female companions, and what you ladies can thank for the only self-harm habit that won't have your loved ones booting you off to a psychiatrist.

Read more: http://www.cracked.com/article_20324...#ixzz2QxRMGf7U

ReputationRep:
    haha yea sorry went from talking bout cats to pussy

All in all.
    I have never minded licking hairy lady-parts
    Ahaha!

ReputationRep:
    the media and peer pessure i guess. if it's a case of shaving your legs twice a week or being teased and told you're disgusting or it's unhygenic then girls are going to take the easy option. The media and business creates problems so that they can sell the solutions. For example femfresh is a vaginal soap which it has been known fact for years that the product is pointless and actually harmful. The message behind the ads are: ''But by using this means that you're HYGENIC and it's more FEMINE, so go and BUY this product''

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by victoriajackson)
    Hahaha I think I'll pass, carry on with what I'm doing, generally men are saying that's what they prefer
    Shich is what? Shaven haven?

ReputationRep:
    well i know the legs happened in WW2 when tights couldn't be bought easily, so women used to shave their legs and draw a brown line down the back of their legs to make it look like they were wearing them.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.