Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm 18 years old girl from Uppsala. Do you like Swedish people ? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanSupremacist)
    What do you mean - "inappropriate times"? :holmes:
    like i am doing work right now and the last thing i want is my thing down there getting all that tingly feeling and ruining me

ReputationRep:
    Blonde Swedish women :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hostile*****)
    I'm going to study in the UK from this September and I'm worried whether people will like me as I don't know anyone.

Apparently the British associate us with two remarkable events that happened recently:

and the football match

What do you think about us ? :confused:
    So, I was just wondering...do you conform to the typical "hot swedish woman" stereotype?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to study in the UK from this September and I'm worried whether people will like me as I don't know anyone.
    Apparently the British associate us with two remarkable events that happened recently: [video link] and the football match
    The video is 3 years old - I'm surprised if anyone remembers it, unless you remind them. And football... not everyone is interested. I associate Sweden with Stieg Larsson, Raoul Wallenberg, Carl Linnaeus, Lise Meitner, Ingrid & Ingmar Bergman, Greta Garbo, Alfred Nobel, The Hives, Abba, IKEA, vikings, Lapland, forests, and elk

ReputationRep:
    Only idiots would associate Swedish people with the things you've mentioned and have a negative attitude towards them. I think Swedish people are nice Don't worry what other people might think about you.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Welcome. :wavey: I represent Sweden in the model UN on the forums.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bourgeoisie)
    Sweden is actually one of the few countries to which I cannot trace my ancestry, but I am 1/16 Danish.

I think Sweden is beautiful and Swedish men are okay as well. Girls are really pretty there.

This video is excellent I'm so depressed that I think I'll do the same soon
    Cool, the Danes are our nasty brothers.

Aww. Why are you depressed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miser)
    Welcome. :wavey: I represent Sweden in the model UN on the forums.
    I'm pretty much green myself, although I support Social Democratic Workers Party of Sweden :redrose:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I'm pretty much green myself, although I support Social Democratic Workers Party of Sweden :redrose:
    Nice. A lot of our members would consider themselves social democrats (myself included).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrotgrot)
    You'll probably get a lot of attention from men. We have a lot of respect for the Nordic countries and the media often presents them as utopian. We tend to think of them as better than us in terms of progressivism but also a highly conformist culture and people from there can come across a bit "wooden". I think of Sweden and Norway as similar to Switzerland.

How can Switzerland be anything like Sweden? They're so far apart. It's like comparing England to Spain!

ReputationRep:
    I have a lot of Swedish girls in my Uni, thought Swedish girls would be hotter tbh :/

ReputationRep:
    I lived in Sweden for 3 months a few years ago, in Jamtland county in the middle of nowhere, although I did visit a few cities.

I loved it there and the people, best country I have been to and I have been to quite a few!

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Now get in the van

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2ndClass)
    I have a lot of Swedish girls in my Uni
    Where do you study? I study at LSE, visit UCL/KCL and other London universities and European minorities, so far as they exist, are either from my country - Poland - or Germany/France. Just curious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2ndClass)
    I have a lot of Swedish girls in my Uni, thought Swedish girls would be hotter tbh :/
    A lot ?????? Where is that ?! I've applied to Scotland and London I don't know which one to firm !! Come online fast

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EvilOfficer)
    Where do you study? I study at LSE, visit UCL/KCL and other London universities and European minorities, so far as they exist, are either from my country - Poland - or Germany/France. Just curious.
    I'm wondering where that is too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EvilOfficer)
    Hey I went to LSE! And yes a lot of Germans/Poles there. I haven't seen that many Swedes though, in fact more Norwegians. And Norwegian girls :love:

ReputationRep:

Apparently the British associate us with two remarkable events that happened recently:

and the football match

Swedes are known for IKEA and gorgeous blonde women, at least in my country. So I really don't think you have anything to worry about. That video is absolutely unheard of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny111)
    Hey I went to LSE! And yes a lot of Germans/Poles there. I haven't seen that many Swedes though, in fact more Norwegians. And Norwegian girls :love:
    It's wonderful I don't think I ever want to leave LSE. Did you have Professor Witztum as one of your lecturers?

ReputationRep:
    I have worked with two Swedish people who have been great to work with. I have only spent four hours in Sweden (Malmo) which is not long enough to judge the country.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.