Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How much revision should i do over easter Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CommonNortherner)
    I ended up with 5 A*'s in Health and Social Care, Biology, Economics, Geography and EPQ with about two weeks revision prior to each exam, lasting about 2 hours a day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well social care and EPQ im not gonna comment on, biology is pretty simple you just go lessons and a few papers you should be ok but cant take away the fact A* is amazing especially for the amount of work you did, Econ and geography are essay based subjects so going to class and having a clear grasp on the essay techniques (along with a lot of luck for economics) is all you need. If you did that amount of work and you took physics you would have flopped I reckon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    Well social care and EPQ im not gonna comment on, biology is pretty simple you just go lessons and a few papers you should be ok but cant take away the fact A* is amazing especially for the amount of work you did, Econ and geography are essay based subjects so going to class and having a clear grasp on the essay techniques (along with a lot of luck for economics) is all you need. If you did that amount of work and you took physics you would have flopped I reckon
    Biology has more stuff to remember than physics, but physics is brainer. However, if you're good at maths and have a brain that can compute that sort of stuff then it would be easy. Econ, Geog and Biol all have a stupid amount of information and the accuracy + detail you need to get 90+% for the A* is ridiculous, and as we all have our strengths, I reckon you'd have flopped with the amount of revision I did. But yes, I'd have got u's if I chose physics and maths . As I want to be a lawyer though, it's all fine. What do you want to do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamgreatness)
    fair enough lads. anybody doing a2 aqa biology, ocr mei maths and ocr b salters chemsitry a2? we can do study groups help if we get stuck. mans plain is to get out of bed at say like 8 am. breakfeast at 8.30 then roll to library ( its bare close like 0.5 miles away). it is open at 9am get there 9am study until 5pm obviously with fag breaks inbetween and lunch except on tuesdays and thursdays its open till 7 so ill do the same thing roll up at 9am but leave at 7. sundays its closed and saturday its open until 4pm so study sessions will have to work around those times i just listed
    AQA biology unit 4 and 5. Im in. Anyone here doing OCR (not mei) maths core 4 and D1? want to do the same? PM me

ReputationRep:
    success is A-level is to do with technique -not hours.
    Putting in more hours , yes you're more likely to do better, but it depends on how you study.
    2 hours of productive study will always be better than 10 hours slack revision.

I have friends who actually aren't that bright at all, but have epic techniques and are very organised (and yes do put in hours) hence why they do well.

ReputationRep:
    Have too much cw to do over this easter :/

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to start revising for my exams at the start of April.

Don't want to start too early as I forget quite easily. When I do start, I am going to try and do two hours a day which should be enough considering you only need to get 40% in first year! (Who knew achieveing 40% could be so difficult?).

For A Levels, I revised for a month and a half before my exams, 2-5 hours a day. It varies based upon the subject and how you feel that day I guess. I got AAB.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CommonNortherner)
    Biology has more stuff to remember than physics, but physics is brainer. However, if you're good at maths and have a brain that can compute that sort of stuff then it would be easy. Econ, Geog and Biol all have a stupid amount of information and the accuracy + detail you need to get 90+% for the A* is ridiculous, and as we all have our strengths, I reckon you'd have flopped with the amount of revision I did. But yes, I'd have got u's if I chose physics and maths . As I want to be a lawyer though, it's all fine. What do you want to do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I want to study econ or statistics at uni depends on which offer I meet but I need an A*maths which im finding impossible. tbh i completely understand where your coming from I personally think id get all Us in econ if i took it at A level because of how I see my mates revise so hard and never get As in their exams

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by exclusive110)
    Hey I was just wondering who was your exam board for french?
    AQA

ReputationRep:
    u a2? hit me up den enit
    yeah

have you started the comprehension stuff?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    library 9-4pm ting except tuesdays its 9am-7pm ting that should be enough every day of easter except sabbath as thats the day of rest and also good friday and easter monday
    If that is how much you feel you need, then so be it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinksugar)
    yeah

have you started the comprehension stuff?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by NightStrider)
    If that is how much you feel you need, then so be it.
    duno what u mean by comprehension stuff

niggtstrider yh man im gona have to put in bare work fam ahaha u get me

ReputationRep:
    The C4 comprehension paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinksugar)
    The C4 comprehension paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    is this in biology or maths?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    I find physics easier than biology !

ReputationRep:
    6 hours.

ReputationRep:
    is this in biology or maths?
    maths

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Every year every set of exams I get more desperate in my revision. Annoys me as I pass very well each time but why do I get more desperate. Is it because I have exams every January and June since January 2008. Don't get any off until January 2015 as we start our dissertation then instead of exams which they put in June?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    12 hours a day

ReputationRep:
    I did like 5-6 hours yesterday and around 4 today and I'm exhausted haha. I don't understand why seeing as I can have up to 6 hours of lessons at college without being this tired.

Two days in and I need a break haha oh dear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeaX)
    I did like 5-6 hours yesterday and around 4 today and I'm exhausted haha. I don't understand why seeing as I can have up to 6 hours of lessons at college without being this tired.

Two days in and I need a break haha oh dear.
    wat subjects u take

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.