Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    D1 is alright....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by otrivine)
    for example question 18)a) on page 82, my route came to

G-A-B-C-D-B-D-E-F-B-G-F-G

is this wrong
    No that isn't wrong, when examiners mark D1 papers it's hard because there's so many possibilities, I just done the question and checked your route and it seems fine! It repeats FG and DB, has 13 letters and has a weight of 11.1km. I'd advise you to try some exam paper questions, sometimes the textbook ones can be stupid and the answers aren't very good!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Westeros)
    No that isn't wrong, when examiners mark D1 papers it's hard because there's so many possibilities, I just done the question and checked your route and it seems fine! It repeats FG and DB, has 13 letters and has a weight of 11.1km. I'd advise you to try some exam paper questions, sometimes the textbook ones can be stupid and the answers aren't very good!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you so much, that is really kind of you!

Yes I did all the mock and specimen papers, could you help me please, there is a question in the book which is a replica of the specimen paper B, its question 12 part f on page 165

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much, that is really kind of you!

Yes I did all the mock and specimen papers, could you help me please, there is a question in the book which is a replica of the specimen paper B, its question 12 part f on page 165
    I have no idea, sorry! I haven't done the specimen papers, I've done 2007-13 papers though. Maybe throw it in the big A Level Maths Forum? Is this your first time sitting D1, I've never seen a question like that before, but it'd only be worth 1/2 marks in the exam

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This is quite bad- I did a practice paper today and only managed 6/8 questions in the 1 1/2 hour

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m.dot.mak)
    This is quite bad- I did a practice paper today and only managed 6/8 questions in the 1 1/2 hour

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi, how are you can u please help your buddy pharmacy , in a question

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea, sorry! I haven't done the specimen papers, I've done 2007-13 papers though. Maybe throw it in the big A Level Maths Forum? Is this your first time sitting D1, I've never seen a question like that before, but it'd only be worth 1/2 marks in the exam

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi can u check if my scheduling is correct please

ReputationRep:
    Hi, how are you can u please help your buddy pharmacy , in a question
    Lol I can try....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m.dot.mak)
    Lol I can try....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    thank you!! :

I am really stuck on question 12) part f on page 165

ReputationRep:
    Hi can u check if my scheduling is correct please
    Scheduling for what? You mean like a gantt chart, when you schedule events from the critical path algorithm?

ReputationRep:
    Scheduling for what? You mean like a gantt chart, when you schedule events from the critical path algorithm?
    yes not cascaDEE scheduling

ReputationRep:
    yes not cascaDEE scheduling
    Always start by scheduling the critical events at the top of the chart, next to each other. I then work in alphabetical order, it makes the most sense to me. Also, by working in alphabetical order, you usually start with the activities that are closest to the start. But if you have a different way of doing it then continue doing so!

ReputationRep:
    How can you find a Traversable route?

I get a bit stuck trying to find an actual route quickly after I've added the arcs to my diagram - is there a video or faster way to do this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Better)
    How can you find a Traversable route?

I get a bit stuck trying to find an actual route quickly after I've added the arcs to my diagram - is there a video or faster way to do this?
    I don't think there's a quick efficient way to do it, it's just trial and error. I normally try to go around all the outside arcs, then focus on the inside!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there's a quick efficient way to do it, it's just trial and error. I normally try to go around all the outside arcs, then focus on the inside!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh really? I will try that.

Thanks for the response. If anyone else has any of there methods please do share

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Better)
    Oh really? I will try that.

Thanks for the response. If anyone else has any of there methods please do share
    I use the method of the above poster and it seems pretty good so far lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tiny hobbit)
    All of them from 2001 onwards - perhaps I should mention that I am a teacher and have been teaching it since then.

I find that reading comments on TSR helps me to understand the misconceptions that my own students have.

If you do any papers before 2009, remember that some topics moved from D1 to D2. Don't do any questions on flows in networks, Simplex or planarity.
    Thanks Tiny Hobit for telling me to get my Teacher to mark D1 Papers,

It is completely different to C3/C4. I just did a Paper and I thought I got an A*, I lost around 10 marks; I would have never known if I had marked it myself. Just got about got an A though!!

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW/WHY You have to Number the Events in Critical Path Analysis Activity Networks. Thanks to the help here/videos I can draw them out pretty quickly now, but I am not so sure about this numbering business.

ReputationRep:
    When you can start and finish at any point (route inspection) Which points would you choose to get the shortest distance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nitrogen)
    When you can start and finish at any point (route inspection) Which points would you choose to get the shortest distance?
    It really doesn't matter if it's eulerian... the only exception is if they state in the question, for example: your office is at node 'x'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by posthumus)
    It really doesn't matter if it's eulerian... the only exception is if they state in the question, for example: your office is at node 'x'
    Yes its those question! Can you tell me how to tackle them please

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.