Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny111)
    **** Bayern, right? I think in Germany you either support them, or hate them.
    I'll join you guys on your feelings about Bayern.....

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal fans are really starting to do my head in since Barcelona lost 7-0.

"Juventus got thrashed, Barcelona got thrashed, but we only went out on goal difference, so we're not that far off winning the CL really" :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    In the Bundesliga I quite like Schalke 04. Had good passionate support when they came to Arsenal and seemed like a down to earth, non-arrogant set of fans. 1860 Munich as well because I like Munich but resent Bayern.

(Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Arsenal fans are really starting to do my head in since Barcelona lost 7-0.

"Juventus got thrashed, Barcelona got thrashed, but we only went out on goal difference, so we're not that far off winning the CL really" :rolleyes:
    Dont know anyone who said anything like that in seriousness. But give some credit, Bayern might have been complacent in the 2nd leg but surely they're complacent every week in the Bundesliga being 20 points ahead and yet only Arsenal have beat them in 2013. Had we scored 5 minutes earlier I think wed have progressed as well as Bayern were on the ropes. But it wouldnt have been fair as they're a million miles ahead of us, best team ive seen at Arsenal since Utd 2008 tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Surf)
    I feel more sorry for the fans of big clubs who are actually 'true' supporters - everyone just assumes you are a 'gloryhunter'...
    Back in 2010 everybody accused me of this. Like to see them say that to my face now!!!! It's been a dire season but I'm still here, watching Inter get raped week in week out by provincial sides...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stramala)
    Back in 2010 everybody accused me of this. Like to see them say that to my face now!!!! It's been a dire season but I'm still here, watching Inter get raped week in week out by provincial sides...
    I know, painful to watch your favourite team being beaten week in week out.... Always feel gutted the next day!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Dont know anyone who said anything like that in seriousness. But give some credit, Bayern might have been complacent in the 2nd leg but surely they're complacent every week in the Bundesliga being 20 points ahead and yet only Arsenal have beat them in 2013. Had we scored 5 minutes earlier I think wed have progressed as well as Bayern were on the ropes. But it wouldnt have been fair as they're a million miles ahead of us, best team ive seen at Arsenal since Utd 2008 tbh.
    Yeah, but you were only really in the tie for about 90 seconds. It wasn't close. It was one of those where the scoreline did not reflect the game. Another good example would be Man Utd vs Real Madrid which Utd won 4-3 in 2003. Such an overrated game, at no point in the tie were Utd close to going through.

Bayern didn't need to win the game. I admit it was good that you did manage to pull it back to 3-3 but after scoring in the first couple of minutes then firing blanks for 80-odd minutes, you didn't give yourselves a real chance and after scoring so early you should have done.

ReputationRep:
    Totenham have been replaced by Liverpool as the team I dislike the most. Might be United again if we become title challengers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Yeah, but you were only really in the tie for about 90 seconds. It wasn't close. It was one of those where the scoreline did not reflect the game. Another good example would be Man Utd vs Real Madrid which Utd won 4-3 in 2003. Such an overrated game, at no point in the tie were Utd close to going through.

Bayern didn't need to win the game. I admit it was good that you did manage to pull it back to 3-3 but after scoring in the first couple of minutes then firing blanks for 80-odd minutes, you didn't give yourselves a real chance and after scoring so early you should have done.

Yeah I dont think we actually played brilliantly tbh. It was a very impressive away performance but unfortunately what we needed was 3 goals. Defensively we were on top of them 100% and Jenkinson/Koscielny had unbelievable games but the rest of the game was basically us not having the quality to really unlock them and basically pinging it about pointlessly in midfield. In contrast last season 3-0 vs Milan we were genuinely world class for most of the game.

But Bayern played their first team and were literally clinging on for dear life at the end(Neuer...) and so it was a commendable performance. Bayern must have been complacent last week vs Barca and vs Juventus and still went out and hammered them and having been racking up cricket scores even after winning the League so its something to be proud of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trrr)
    Totenham have been replaced by Liverpool as the team I dislike the most. Might be United again if we become title challengers.
    Liverpool are massive idiots tbh.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ead-derby.html

Giving a tribute, to Everton's tribute to Hillsborough. Grieving Scouse knobheads. This is never going to end, imagine what they've got planned for next year as it's the 25th anniversary. I honestly dread to think.

Remember that song they got to number 1 for Christmas? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aQSUIGW56E

They wanted closure and justice, they got that, but that wasn't enough. They have to have a massive public outpouring of grief and more self pity.

It's all very peculiar. It's as if they've got so caught up in it that they don't stop and think what are we actually doing here? What exactly are they trying to achieve? Nothing's going to reverse what happened and it was twenty odd years ago, yet the grieving Scouse pricks have to carry it on.

Most people aren't aware that Bradford had 56 fans killed and loads more injured in the stadium fire because they aren't self pitying morons like Scousers are: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradford_City_stadium_fire this was only three years before Hillsborough.

I'm sick of it, sad, sad *******s.

ReputationRep:
    Does nobody else here detest Millwall?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.Nalbandian14)
    Does nobody else here detest Millwall?
    you'll soon have looters at your doorsteep, sssh!

ReputationRep:
    Like: Arsenal
    Chelsea
    Blackpool
    Everton
    Leeds

Dislike: Man United
    Sunderland
    Celtic
    Most Liverpool supporters (don't actually mind the team)

ReputationRep:
    (Wolves fan here)

Like: Swansea, Forest Green, Lazio, Benfica.

Dislike: West Brom, West Brom, Real Madrid, West Brom
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I don't mind Arsenal. I wish they'd become a title challenging team again because I loved the rivalry with them growing up. Fergie v Wenger, Keane v Vieira etc. The games were as intense as the ones with Liverpool, the 1-1 a couple of weeks back was the first time in years anything close to that has been replicated.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Surf)
    Of course, fingers crossed for Dortmund - but to be honest I can't see them doing it! I think Bayern are too strong....
    I appreciate German football and I think the players are very talented - but I am indifferent to German football. I find Dortmund an interesting team to watch though.... What about you?
    Although I'm happy that a team from Bundesliga will win the champions league after 12 years again, I'm sympathetic to Dortmund and in contrast to you I give them credits to can do it. And although I dislike Bayern, I have to confess that the team has it deserve to win the final, if I consider the whole season both in Bundesliga and champions league.

(Original post by danny111)
    **** Bayern, right? I think in Germany you either support them, or hate them.
    Its right that Bayern polarizes in Bundesliga. The team is the big cheese in the highest German league. I don't like the fact that Bayern enfeebles the opposition to keep the number 1, more than ever if I consider what sums of money the club paid recently to get the players (Martinez, Götze). That's why I dislike this team.

ReputationRep:
    Better add Swansea to my like list

ReputationRep:
    Dont watch football...but, why does everyone hate liverpool?

ReputationRep:
    [/B]
    (Original post by Zürich)
    In the Bundesliga I quite like Schalke 04. Had good passionate support when they came to Arsenal and seemed like a down to earth, non-arrogant set of fans. 1860 Munich as well because I like Munich but resent Bayern.

What about Barca 2011?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trrr)
    [/B]

What about Barca 2011?
    Well Arsenal outplayed Barca and won 2-1 that night whereas Bayern comprehensively outplayed us from 1 to 11. With Barca Arsenal could give as good as they got and to an extent playing them suited us, but cant really see how we could have beat Bayern that night even if we played the game 100 times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilovechocolate09)
    Dont watch football...but, why does everyone hate liverpool?
    Because their fans are self righteous pricks.

The way the media refer to these "special European nights at Anfield" when after the teams have walked out it's as quiet as any other game, is embarrassing, their constant 'signing off' of everything with JFT96 and YNWA does my head in, the players referring to the team as "Liverpool Football Club" in every single interview (I'm sure they're briefed on it by the club when they sign), the way they were desperately trying to look for any excuse to defend Suarez after he racially abused Evra. The fact they killed 39 Juventus fans by pushing a wall on top of them yet try to sweep it under the carpet while babbling on about Hillsborough and 'justice' any chance they get.

And their sheer refusal to accept any of the blame for Hillsborough.

They think they are the best fans in the world and that they deserve special respect.

I actually hate them.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.