Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Are we allowed to be discussing the exam yet?

Edit, just checked the guidelines and we are.

I did not think there were any majorly difficult questions.

Were any of you surprised that a question about drawing a Gantt chart came up? I've never seen a question like that before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SachaNH)
    what did everyone write about the impact of digital tv on the broadcaster? I just banged on about pay per view and idk why?
    I just talked about interactive voting- and how it has an impact on broadcasters because it means they have the opportunity for a higher revenue despite sharing it with the tv company.
    Then I talked about the electric programme guides and the fact that this impacts broadcasters because they have to work with the supplier to ensure the EPG can be read in a particular format.

Not sure if that's right though because the question said "evaluate" which was weird.

ReputationRep:
    What were the operating systems everyone mentioned for the little scenarios like "mobile bills" and "booking system"? I put batch for first one, and then interactive for second one but probably is wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homousandfalafel)
    What were the operating systems everyone mentioned for the little scenarios like "mobile bills" and "booking system"? I put batch for first one, and then interactive for second one but probably is wrong
    Batch + interactive are what I put too. They should be correct. Interactive prevents double bookings so it was suitable for the second question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zytex)
    Batch + interactive are what I put too. They should be correct. Interactive prevents double bookings so it was suitable for the second question.
    Phewwww! thanks

ReputationRep:
    I was surprised that there was only 1 11 marker, havent seen that before!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waldt1)
    I don't know which way it will go, i would say that they should be higher as there was only one essay question. But because the exam itself was quite hard in the fact that there was a lot of justify questions should make the boundaries lower. So maybe it will balance out and be standard but my teacher did say that the grade boundaries for OCR june 2013 will be a lot higher - but that could of been to make me work harder idk
    What was the question again for DPA? - i think i might've blagged that one
    Oh no lets hope not and it gave a quote from DPA can't really remember it and said about the implications of dpa on a company or business. I'd rather they're have been another essay question you can kind of blag them and less 6 mark questions there was loads

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else mention the whole "virtual teachers" thing for 11 marker?, or laptops that never run out of charge through power mats? Lol

ReputationRep:
    what did everyone actually write for the last question?

ReputationRep:
    I said that students could have a lesson over the Internet using video conferencing and then gave a disadvantage saying they may not be able to ask questions which as a consequence may affect their exam results. I also said that laptops coils become standard instead of exercise books and then gave a disadvantage that some may not be able to afford it and the consequence saying the student may feel left out haha. Then I said how speech to text software could become standard which would allow students to produce essays quicker and as a consequence allow them to meet coursework deadlines haha blagged it all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophielee123)
    Oh no lets hope not and it gave a quote from DPA can't really remember it and said about the implications of dpa on a company or business. I'd rather they're have been another essay question you can kind of blag them and less 6 mark questions there was loads
    Oh yeahh, i made that one up lol. I put that they will need to use higher security such as encryption and firewalls to ensure the data cannot be accessed and intercepted. Cant remember what else actually!? - i messed that question up
    Same i would've preferred another 11 mark question on like communication or consultation, i probs would get higher marks in the essay questions then these weird dpa questions and protocol questions oh welllll

ReputationRep:
    These are the topics I discussed:
    Interactive whiteboards
    Robot teachers
    Learning applications for mobiles
    Software-based learning (similar to software-based training)

For all topics I wrote a +ve impact & consequence and a -ve impact & consequence.

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone write for the protocol question? I think I did it wrong I just listed 2 protocols and explain how they allow communication to occur like I did tcp/ip and SMTP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Deputy)
    What did everyone write for the protocol question? I think I did it wrong I just listed 2 protocols and explain how they allow communication to occur like I did tcp/ip and SMTP
    I put they ensure the same error checking can be used by the devices, and they are also used so the recipient device can indicate it has received the data. There was a question about protocols before so I just recalled the answers to that!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al0)
    I think I've really messed this exam up, found it so hard and I needed 80/120 for my grade. I don't think I'm going to get it now. So much AS stuff and weirdly worded questions. Does anyone remember what the question was exactly for the wireless access point question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The WAP question was to justify why the student should connect his network using wireless access points rather than a wired connection.
    I wrote about there being no need for physical connections, he can connect lots of computers at the same time and he can use more than one WAP around the house to ensure he has signal strength in every room. I was unsure on the last one however.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by will333lamb)
    The WAP question was to justify why the student should connect his network using wireless access points rather than a wired connection.
    I wrote about there being no need for physical connections, he can connect lots of computers at the same time and he can use more than one WAP around the house to ensure he has signal strength in every room. I was unsure on the last one however.
    More than one WAP will increase the likelihood of a sufficient signal strength being present in every room.
    I put that the people living in the house can work anywhere in the house, they can move around with their laptop and they will still be connected for example.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by will333lamb)
    I put exactly that too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeahh, i made that one up lol. I put that they will need to use higher security such as encryption and firewalls to ensure the data cannot be accessed and intercepted. Cant remember what else actually!? - i messed that question up
    Same i would've preferred another 11 mark question on like communication or consultation, i probs would get higher marks in the essay questions then these weird dpa questions and protocol questions oh welllll
    sames! oh well all done and dusted well done two more to go for me and then it's summer time yay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophielee123)
    sames! oh well all done and dusted well done two more to go for me and then it's summer time yay
    This one was my last! Good luck for your last exams

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For the last question i initially mentioned the introduction of interactive boards and how they've influenced learning. I then made soemthing up about a holographic device that would create scenarios given by teachers; teachers tend to use examples in order to convey the concept of a task to students so a visual accomplyis would greatly help students in learning and the disadvantage being partially sited people may not be able to se the holograms :/. I also made something up about a massive iPad basically instead of a board at the front of the class haha! Who knows man

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.