Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Chelsea F.C vs Manchester United F.C, FA Cup QF Replay Watch

ReputationRep:
    Teams too **** and midfield is anonymous attacking wise, can't see us scoring

ReputationRep:
    Thats a pretty good chance there...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, this is over now.

ReputationRep:
    Gorgeous move. :congrats:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Van Persie should have buried that.

ReputationRep:
    Why doesn't Moses take the shot. Poor decision making. Same against Southampton.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tweek)
    Why doesn't Moses take the shot. Poor decision making. Same against Southampton.
    And what the **** was that pass :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    ahh frustrating :sigh: well done chelsea

ReputationRep:
    Load of bollucks Fergie. We had a chance to do big things this season. 25 wins from 30 games in the Premier League tells you this is a strong United squad. I can't help but feel bitterly disappointed at this seasons events. If we do win the League, it will be nice to get it back from the other lot, but the reality is, going out the Champions League and FA Cup is so disappointing.

Van Persie, has been **** for two months. Where the **** has he gone?

Nani and Valencia need to be gone in Summer. Nowhere near good enough. I'm really disappointed. Not winning the FA Cup since 2004 is a disgrace. You expect big things as a United fan. I thought we had a realistic chance of the Treble.

Even the league isn't guaranteed now. City (H) next, lost that last season, then Stoke away, only drew that last season, Chelsea dominated us for two games, we'll lose at OT to them in the league, lose at Arsenal, maybe West Ham as well.

I'm so disappointed. And worried. Rant over.

ReputationRep:
    Good stuff. Ba played extremely well. Mata looked knackered for most of the game. All of our players seemed to be going for the super finish, probably out of respect for De Gea's shot stopping ability. Undoubtedly a deserved win.

Can't believe how long Valencia played for, he was absolutely shocking. Such a different player now than a couple of years ago, not even recognisable (..like Torres).

ReputationRep:
    Well, that was undoubtedly one of the worst games I've seen this season, but I suppose it would be churlish to complain about an FA Cup semi-final, so, congratulations to our side.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oliver1234)
    Looking forward to smashing you cockneys tomorrow ! I'm going 3-1 with rooney, Chico and a cheeky Evans header
    Hello there, I was just wondering how much you enjoyed watching Man U smash Chelsea 3-1? That Evans header was cheeky wasn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForensicShoe)
    And what the **** was that pass :lolwut:
    I presume he knew the game would end with the end of the attack so was just trying to hit the corners/win a goal kick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nichrome)
    Hello there, I was just wondering how much you enjoyed watching Man U smash Chelsea 3-1? That Evans header was cheeky wasn't it?
    This is why one is a fool if they try to predict anything about a game beyond the potential winner. Even then, I don't bother.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nichrome)
    Woops, accidentally negged you
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Scrappy game, but tactically spot on by Benitez. Probably one of the happiest wins of the season for me. Ba's goal was top class and it was a brilliant pass. I didn't see United threaten much, and even when they showed urgency after they scored, they didn't create many chances and Chelsea were deserved winners.

De Gea has shown today that he is amongst the best shot stoppers in the world with his recent performances, it's a pleasure to watch him sometimes. I feel as though United needed a playmaker, to spread the play and create more chances. Both teams were affected by the weekend games, but it seems United were affected more as we had Mata and Hazard rested. They both again were the stars of the Chelsea team and I see them having a good future here at Chelsea. I want to give credit to United, they stuck with it and they never looked out of the game, a true performance by the English champions.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Eboracum)
    Even the league isn't guaranteed now. City (H) next, lost that last season, then Stoke away, only drew that last season, Chelsea dominated us for two games, we'll lose at OT to them in the league, lose at Arsenal, maybe West Ham as well.

I'm so disappointed. And worried. Rant over.
    Oh look, its the unnecessarily paranoid guy again :laugh: It was an awful game decided by two moments of brilliance (Ba's goal and Cech's save) but Chelsea deserved to go through. As disappointing as it is to go out with such a whimper, our main aim this season was to win back the title and that is going to be achieved. City are not going to win the league.

RVP has been scoring for fun for two years now, hardly having a break in the process, it was hardly going to last forever was it. Did you not watch the Sunderland game at the weekend, where he played quite well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Oh look, its the unnecessarily paranoid guy again :laugh: It was an awful game decided by two moments of brilliance (Ba's goal and Cech's save) but Chelsea deserved to go through. As disappointing as it is to go out with such a whimper, our main aim this season was to win back the title and that is going to be achieved. City are not going to win the league.

RVP has been scoring for fun for two years now, hardly having a break in the process, it was hardly going to last forever was it. Did you not watch the Sunderland game at the weekend, where he played quite well?
    Haha, that's me.

I'm a little uncomfortable with all journalists saying it is all over. It isn't all over. We threw it away last year with an 8 point lead. Everton at home, 4-2 8 minutes to go - should have been guaranteed. Plus I never expected to lose 1-0 at Wigan, and then come to the Etihad for a draw and lose 1-0.

We're not playing well at the moment and we have some hard games to come. City at home? Can't see us beating them. West Ham and Stoke will be up for their home games against us.

RVP has been great this season but we needed him against Madrid and Chelsea and where was he!

Valenica, you have to admit. After winning the club player of the year award last year he's been so disappointing. And Nani. Nani should have be 90% the player Ronaldo is now week in week out, instead he's 75% the player Ronaldo is 1 game in 10. Both need to be gone in Summer. I'd try and get Bale. I mean, he's going to win **** all at Tottenham. He should move to a bigger club.

But I'm pretty disappointed to be honest. Very strong United squad, one of the strongest ever, could have won more this year. But I guess you are right, I'm always pretty upset after defeats.

ReputationRep:
    That feel when Rafa ****s Fergie once more...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eboracum)
    Very strong United squad, one of the strongest ever
    I don't understand why people keep saying this.

We have played pretty poorly all season. How can this be one of the best ever United squads when they play poorly each week? We usually still win, but play poorly while doing it.

Van Persie is also annoying me now. He had a great start to the season, but has disappeared for a couple months now. In the games we've really needed him, he's bottled it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 5, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.