In order of importance:
1. Kind and loyal
2. Good sense of humour, so fun to spend time with
3. Very similar amount of "previous experience"
4. The other things that come under "nice", like caring, honest and optimistic
5. Attractive, although as long as they're not bad-looking I tend to see them as more attractive as I start liking them
Girls name 5 things you look for in a guy. Watch
- 01-04-2013 19:54
- 01-04-2013 20:05
5) quite bulky
- 01-04-2013 20:09
1) Polite/well mannered
2) Dark skin/hair/eyes
3) Very intelligent
4) Good career prospects
5) Interesting hobbies
- 01-04-2013 20:29
- 01-04-2013 20:41
As someone said above-if a guy hits my spots on looks, but is selfish,unkind and an idiot, he may as well look like Quasi Modo.
Looks wise-if a guy is what I want personality wise, I like
Long hair (don't care about the colour)
Taller than me (but that's not difficult)!
Not skinny -a larger build than I am
Nice voice (okay not looks but still superficial).
I can't think of a fifth!Dress well, I suppose?!
- 01-04-2013 20:48
2) Quick witted/funny
3) Nerdy/likes zombies, marvel, xbox
4) Respects my no-sex-before-marriage
5) Will drink Guinness and watch films with me
- 01-04-2013 20:50
-decent sense of humour
-at least my height
-doesn't take everything so seriously
-not a chav
-an interest in beavis and butthead
- 01-04-2013 20:53
Didn't say I meant hair on the head
- 01-04-2013 21:08
- 01-04-2013 21:19
1) Tall (like 5ft9 and above)
2) Sense of humour- I need to be able to get his jokes and for him to get mine
3) Intelligent- Nothing sexier than a man with brains
4) Down to Earth - don't want a vain or materialistic knob
5) Good looking
There is more, but the OP said only fiveLast edited by R4INBOW; 01-04-2013 at 21:21.
- 01-04-2013 21:35
2) street smart- i'm a bit stupid
3) doesn't put too much effort into his looks- teeth whitening, tanning, a ton of hair gel- i always look like i've just been dragged out of bed
4) not judgemental, *****y boys make me want to knock them out
5) err averagely attractive
(Original post by superduper9)
- 01-04-2013 22:00
Reading these lists is sort of reassuring in a way because I feel as though I could have a good shot at ticking most of the boxes, however I've often heard the old "I don't get that spark" or "that extra something is missing!" - what's the deal with that
- 01-04-2013 22:06
I feel like quoting "you know she wants the D when..."
No but seriously the guy who said the points on page 1 sums it up perfectly
- 01-04-2013 22:17
Make me laugh
I have wierd combinations that I look for in a guy but most importantly, you have to have a good sense of humour and a sarcastic nonsensical side. You've also gotta be intelligent. I wouldn't mind an awkward guy in the least bit if he had these traits.
You'll have to be able to understand both sides of views. No feminism, political dictatoring etc.
Confidence, in yourself. People will be able to see if you're easily influenced or not so you've got to have your own identity set in stone. It's like a sort of security-barrier for your girl. That's a good thing.
Protective but not in a way that you jump in front of her whenever a man approaches and demand to know what how when and why he's there... Just enough to let her know you're looking out for her.
Umm... Finally, I'd see if you're cute
- 01-04-2013 22:22
Haha, I know. I forgot another one(tbh, I'm surprised so few people have mentioned it), he can't be butt ugly. That makes 7.
- 01-04-2013 22:32
similar sense of humour (mine is pretty dry /sometimes stupid / a bit unexpected)
ummm a nice smile/ laugh
cares about their health (so walks instead of unnecessarily taking a bus/ doesn't smoke or drink excessively/ not always eating chips)
good personal hygiene/ not a COMPLETE slob/ cares a bit about how they look (I don't mind untidy but I don't like not clean)
ummmm has a passion/ hobby
(that was really hard)
Posted from TSR MobileLast edited by pinksugar; 01-04-2013 at 23:43.
- 01-04-2013 22:35
3) can take the piss well
- 01-04-2013 22:36
Polite/well spoken/well mannered
Confident (but not to the point of arrogant, ugh)
Taller than me
I don't think these are unreasonable criteria...
- 01-04-2013 22:39
1) Humour-witty, or quirky. Also can handle banter, and aren't too sensitive with jokes.
2) Smile-I think that's probably the physical feature that wins me over the most. When it just lights up their face.
3) Being able to stick up for themselves and others EDIT: Also being chivalrous and 'gentlemanly'
4) Not caring about what other people think
5) Need to be 'equals'-I need to feel that we're on the same level in terms of intelligence, heart, and I guess just in general (so as not to feel inferior/superior)
I think 3 and 4 particularly appeal to me as they're things I lack myself so I really admire/respect those who have these features.Last edited by monica95; 01-04-2013 at 22:41.
- 01-04-2013 22:57
My 'type' was always tall, clean shaven/stubbly, curly-haired, often blonde guys. My current boyfriend of 11 months? Shorter than me, short hair, beardy, a bit on the broad side, and 8 years older :P Basically, he ticks all my boxes for personality, we're incredibly compatible, and I've now developed a taste for a big hairy chest! I guess my point is that many of us will stray from the "ideal" picture in our heads if we suspect we've got something good.