Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sunshine1235)
    vithusan40 That website is amazing! thanks
    No problem

ReputationRep:
    it's probably already been posted but does anyone have a definitions or key terms list for the exam? all i can find is something with hundreds of words that half of them I haven't heard of. please help?!

ReputationRep:
    We have been told to use an alternative to using 'I' in a sentence. So for example, 'One could argue that' or 'It can be argued'. Always reach a judgement when it says something like justify your view. So, 'The greatest point would be...' or 'The most important factor' etc.

Hope everyone's revision is going well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonnie_C)
    it's probably already been posted but does anyone have a definitions or key terms list for the exam? all i can find is something with hundreds of words that half of them I haven't heard of. please help?!
    i'm pretty sure the previous page has a link, or just go on tutor2u.co.uk and theres one there

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have any idea of the topics that might come up in this paper?

ReputationRep:
    What span of control allows greater degree of delegation i thought it was a wide one but jan 11 says it narrow look at question 1 c some 1 help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anony1234)
    What span of control allows greater degree of delegation i thought it was a wide one but jan 11 says it narrow look at question 1 c some 1 help
    A flat structure allows more delegation, if that's what you mean? So yeah, a wide span of control

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but in a past paper it says narrow span of control

ReputationRep:
    It's wide span of control that allows more delegation because you can not really delegate with tall hierarchies because of the many layers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have a tingling sensation that elasticity of demand will play a big part in the exam! Anyone else have any hunches ?

ReputationRep:
    please someone help =( having a major freak out over profitablity!!
    what is it?? (definition)
    and what does it show?
    i tried to figure it out but i dont quite see why net profit margin is relevant to it =(
    help much appreciated =Pxxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loptopflop)
    please someone help =( having a major freak out over profitablity!!
    what is it?? (definition)
    and what does it show?
    i tried to figure it out but i dont quite see why net profit margin is relevant to it =(
    help much appreciated =Pxxxx
    profitaability is how efficient a bus is at making profitability- it is how muchprofit in relation to revenue for example im more eficient if i make 10 pounds from 20 units than 30. this is profit margins u use profit margins to express profitability

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anony1234)
    profitaability is how efficient a bus is at making profitability- it is how muchprofit in relation to revenue for example im more eficient if i make 10 pounds from 20 units than 30. this is profit margins u use profit margins to express profitability
    My teacher keeps saying e-sentence! This is what will get you the evaluative marks which are so important for the c and d questions! I am really worried about the timing as I always write too much any advice??

ReputationRep:
    Can someone explain the boston matrix, learn production and quality assurance to me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rumenaislam)
    Can someone explain the boston matrix, learn production and quality assurance to me?
    The Boston Matrix is in the Products section of the Marketing Mix. Your product can fall under 4 categories. Cash Cow, Star, Question Mark, or Dog. Cash Cows are the products in the Maturity stage and bring in most money. They have a high market share and a low market growth, as people already know about them and they are popular, hence there high market share. Stars have a high market share and high market growth. These products either just breakeven or make a small profit. Question Marks have a high market growth but low market share. These have potential but either become a Cash Cow or a Dog which has low market share and low market growth. these products are either in the decline section or have not been successful from the begining. You would want to give more shelf space to Cash Cows and Stars, perhaps some for Question marks and not as much for Dogs

Quality Assurance is like a culture that runs through all the stages of production. At each stage of production you treat the product or piece of the product you are making as if it was for the customer. At first training may be needed for all employees in production process so Quality Assurance is costly at first and may be a few mistakes. Quality Assurance is therefore about getting it right first time and is a Zero defects approach.

Lean Production (I think you meant) is a Japanese method of limiting waste and using less resources, less labour, materials and time. This would increase efficiency of the business and also make them more competitive due to costs being lower so they could choose to charge lower prices

ReputationRep:
    This is my last exam, trying to revise but I'm really not in the mood.... How's everyone else doing?

ReputationRep:
    How is everyone feeling for this exam? I'm going over formulas and just refreshing a few topics I'm not that confident on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Majeue)
    This is my last exam, trying to revise but I'm really not in the mood.... How's everyone else doing?
    Same! I had biology today and that pretty much drained my energy...

My teacher said not to do a lot tonight, around an hour of work, flick through papers and mark schemes to get the general idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaughingGas)
    Same! I had biology today and that pretty much drained my energy...

My teacher said not to do a lot tonight, around an hour of work, flick through papers and mark schemes to get the general idea.
    Same haa I spent literally all of half term revising biology so I'm so tired. How did you find the biology? I'm guessing you did f212 right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathanol)
    The Boston Matrix is in the Products section of the Marketing Mix. Your product can fall under 4 categories. Cash Cow, Star, Question Mark, or Dog. Cash Cows are the products in the Maturity stage and bring in most money. They have a high market share and a low market growth, as people already know about them and they are popular, hence there high market share. Stars have a high market share and high market growth. These products either just breakeven or make a small profit. Question Marks have a high market growth but low market share. These have potential but either become a Cash Cow or a Dog which has low market share and low market growth. these products are either in the decline section or have not been successful from the begining. You would want to give more shelf space to Cash Cows and Stars, perhaps some for Question marks and not as much for Dogs

Quality Assurance is like a culture that runs through all the stages of production. At each stage of production you treat the product or piece of the product you are making as if it was for the customer. At first training may be needed for all employees in production process so Quality Assurance is costly at first and may be a few mistakes. Quality Assurance is therefore about getting it right first time and is a Zero defects approach.

Lean Production (I think you meant) is a Japanese method of limiting waste and using less resources, less labour, materials and time. This would increase efficiency of the business and also make them more competitive due to costs being lower so they could choose to charge lower prices
    Thank you, much appreciated!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.