Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I'm Fallon, I'll be studying mental health nursing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey will be studying childrens nursing and got an email about the 3-day 'preparation for nursing programme' in July...anyone else going to this?! Also, anyone else out there going to be commuting to uni?!

Can't wait to start now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimbill93)
    HI!

I'm James and I will *fingers crossed* be studying Mental Health Nursing at LSBU in September! Hope to see you all soon!

I've put David Bomberg House as my first choice accommodation - anybody know roughly what dates accommodation payments have to be made? Sorting out all my student finance stuff and getting a bit depressed/worried about how much money I have coming in/out - mainly out :/
    Nurses pay every month for accommodation to fit with our bursary payments I'm hoping to go into bomberg too as a child nurse! You going to preparation week? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LydiaLydia818)
    Is anybody going to be doing Film & Media Studies?! I have yet to find another person that is! ~super sad face~

Hey! I am doing Film and Video Production, so maybe we'll be in a few classes together?

And when do you hear from the accomodation about which halls you've been allocated?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshleyB-C)
    Hey! I am doing Film and Video Production, so maybe we'll be in a few classes together?

And when do you hear from the accomodation about which halls you've been allocated?
    YAY! FINALLY SOMEONE! Hopefully yeah. I would imagine some of the film classes we may possibly be in together. Aw I'm well happy now!
    Um, I did email LSBU cause I've applied to McLaren House and they replied and said that you should hear around August so I imagine that they tell you once you've had your results cause results day is 15th August xxx

ReputationRep:
    YAY! FINALLY SOMEONE! Hopefully yeah. I would imagine some of the film classes we may possibly be in together. Aw I'm well happy now!
    Um, I did email LSBU cause I've applied to McLaren House and they replied and said that you should hear around August so I imagine that they tell you once you've had your results cause results day is 15th August xxx
    Ahh thanks i've been worried that i may not get a place!
    And yeah that would be cool if we were in few lessons together
    Sorry i didnt reply sooner, been a bit busy.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah same, but no I emailed them and I think they tell you once you've got your results which is pretty sweet I'm pretty sure that 1st years are pretty much guaranteed a room anyways.. I think.. Don't hold me on that one :P
    And ah that's fine, I've clearly just got no life and sit around doing nothing on a Saturday :P (Well now Sunday but Sunday's are meant for doing sweet FA)

ReputationRep:
    Yeah same, but no I emailed them and I think they tell you once you've got your results which is pretty sweet I'm pretty sure that 1st years are pretty much guaranteed a room anyways.. I think.. Don't hold me on that one :P
    And ah that's fine, I've clearly just got no life and sit around doing nothing on a Saturday :P (Well now Sunday but Sunday's are meant for doing sweet FA)
    Ah no lol i was only working with my dad to save up some extra uni dough for freshers lol nothing fun. And yeah, you're right about that; Sundays are all about the lazy!

ReputationRep:
    Hi i'm Pippa... I'm (hopefully) going to be studying adult nursing in September and staying in David Bomberg!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollied)
    Thinking about trying to go to IFS through clearing, but the accommodation at IFS has to be private and the close ones are around 200 a week, which leaves me with zero money.

Southbank has the right pricing and budget levels but when I went to the open day I didn't see anyone I thought i'd get along with and I realised Business isn't really what i'd want to do ideally and the IFS course is more suited.

With IFS you get private accommodation where loads of people from loads of different Universities will go, im not anti social it's just that i'd rather not be in the situation where everyone makes their own circles from classes.

I do drink, but I'm not heavy on it, I'll be 2 years older than everyone else and all the drinking novelty has passed. I BMX more than I do anything else and this is why i'd rather be in London than apply for a different University, its a 6 hour train journey from home and i'd rather be somewhere that I feel settled so I don't have to endure that.

I don't know really, none of that made sense

I'm 20 and going in september, dont worry i've heard you wont be in that much of a minority.

ReputationRep:
    Hii!

I'm Saba, and I'm gonna be doing psychology (Child Development), hopefully if I get in. Im from Woking, so will be doing the 45 mins journey to London. Is anybody else doing this course???

Im going on the 3rd July for the headstart.

So exicted and nervous.

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm Sammie, I'll be doing psychology and staying at mclaren house in September, Can't wait!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EllenHolden)
    Hey yeah I am. Are you?
    Yeah really looking forward to getting some of the dates cleared up and hopefully meeting some people!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SammieG)
    Hi I'm Sammie, I'll be doing psychology and staying at mclaren house in September, Can't wait!
    Hi! I'm doing psychology too, but will be traveling in from Kent, I'm only about an hour away. Are you going to the headstart day next Wednesday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chik)
    Hii!

I'm Saba, and I'm gonna be doing psychology (Child Development), hopefully if I get in. Im from Woking, so will be doing the 45 mins journey to London. Is anybody else doing this course???

Im going on the 3rd July for the headstart.

So exicted and nervous.
    Hi! I'm doing psychology (clinical) but I think everyone is in together for the first two years. I'm traveling in too, I'm only an hour away. Looking forward to the headstart day

ReputationRep:
    Thats good, not too far, I'm from near Birmingham so it would take me about 3 hours if I was travelling in, I didn't even know about the head start day until I came on here... Can anyone go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy_C_94)
    Hi! I'm doing psychology too, but will be traveling in from Kent, I'm only about an hour away. Are you going to the headstart day next Wednesday?
    Thats good, not too far, I'm from near Birmingham so it would take me about 3 hours if I was travelling in, I didn't even know about the head start day until I came on here... Can anyone go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SammieG)
    Ah yeah that'd be a bit of a commute lol. Yeah its open for anyone doing our course next year I think, I've had 3 emails inviting me to it in the last couple of months. Here's the link to book a place...

https://lsbu.hobsons.co.uk/Portal/EI...bfdc591b46d150

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy_C_94)
    Ah yeah that'd be a bit of a commute lol. Yeah its open for anyone doing our course next year I think, I've had 3 emails inviting me to it in the last couple of months. Here's the link to book a place...

https://lsbu.hobsons.co.uk/Portal/EI...bfdc591b46d150

Ohh right thank you! I hadn't had anything from them about it but I might see if I can still go

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if there is a head start day for forensic science?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.