Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoffreyBaratheon)
    She's appealing to nature, i.e. arguing that if something is unnatural then it is bad.
    Yes and if we follow her line of argument then modern medicine, computers, buildings, and pretty much everything in the modern western world is bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yellowcopter)
    Ha, you're funny. People being gay doesn't mean that heterosexuality will suddenly stop.
    Of course not, but still, you would not being exist if you're parent is gay.

ReputationRep:
    Why do people have so much of a problem with same-sex couples raising children? Research doesn't suggest it is harmful to the child. If anything, research suggests there is no difference between same-sex and opposite-sex parents.

Here is one study that looked at 130 couples who had adopted children. There was so significant difference.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...46965925417366

I read this study a few weeks a go and have read similar ones before. The bottom line is always the same - whether the parents are the same-sex or opposite-sex does not place the child at an advantage or disadvantage.

ReputationRep:
    The thing I don't get is how people can argue not giving samesex couples the ability to adopt a child which are then able to be cared for and raised in an environment that is most likely loving and provides long term stability, who would otherwise not be able to experience had they not been adopted. This based on the belief that a child should be raised by a father and mother figure.

The number of single parents out there, either by no choice or by choice; I'm sure not every child that hasn't had both the 'father and mother' figure in their life has grown up less advantaged or whatever those not advocating adoption by gay couples say happens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wardah2)
    I don't accept it because of religious beliefs and the pure fact that I don't think its 'natural'.
    Another religious weirdo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by upthegunners)
    Because he will get bullied at school, this may sound harsh towards you, but believe you me, that kid will be bullied sick.
    Children already are being bullied at schools for a matter of reasons such as being black, being white, being quiet, being weak etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mullah.S)
    Thanks to science, this can and will happen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MittenRef)
    Title says it all. I simply do not understand the reasoning behind the pure hatred that some people have for the LGBT community. The only bit I understand is that they think that the physical act of having sex with someone of the same sex is a bit ... disturbing? I can sort of get how off-putting that is for someone who is straight.

But, they don't have to engage in that activity, watch it, or talk about it - so then again... Why should they bother? Why do some people completely reject same sex relationships?

I am gay, so maybe I'm being a little biased. But I have the right morals when it comes to equality, across the spectrum, and I don't understand why people feel the need to concern themselves with fuelling hatred. Surely these people know the world would be a better place if everyone was accepting?

Why damage that? What do people think? Why do people think like this? Thanks.
    It's just naturally repulsive to see two men kissing, soor, blame it on evolution.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanS94)
    I don't even know why they argue against it, It doesn't even affect them :confused:

I am also getting sick of threads about gays. Please can we just keep stop making them, there should be a 'Big Gay Rights Thread' or something. There are too many talking about the same thing.
    "I don't even know why they argue against it, It doesn't even affect them"

then says

"I am also getting sick of threads about gays. Please can we just keep stop making them"

Guess the threads don't effect you either....contradiction me thinks!

Just saying btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by member591354)
    Neither is the computer you are using to spout your bigoted views. :teehee:
    He's a bigot because he has a different perspective? Are you too irrational to understand that forced tolerance is just as tyrannical as intolerance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by upthegunners)
    Because he will get bullied at school, this may sound harsh towards you, but believe you me, that kid will be bullied sick.
    If I EVER found out my kid was bullying for whatever sick purpose he deemed reasonable, I would have A LOT to say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mullah.S)
    Yes, however, why bring a child into the world when there are already thousands, perhaps even millions wanting a loving family to join?
    I would personally like to adopt a couple of boys (probably brothers and they have to be older than 12 to understand the concept of homosexuality and thus my sexual preferences and thus say yes or no to the adoption) when I get older given my sexual orientation dictates I am not to have kids.

The only reason I am currently not considering a girl is because my cousin is a BIG handful and I don't think I could handle looking after a girl...her brothers are a lot more manageable.

ReputationRep:
    I don't accept it because of religious beliefs and the pure fact that I don't think its 'natural'.
    Neither is religion and this book your follow so much.
    I think I would fine it hard pressed going out there and finding a bible/Koran on the ground just freely growing in the English countryside.

Oh yeah, couple more things;

1. Define natural

2. Animals are prejudiced against albinos of the same species and often bully them, however, not individuals which practise homosexuality.
    Is this not natural?

I am not promoting violence or bullying of any sort against albino people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RevolutionIsNear!)
    He's a bigot because he has a different perspective? Are you too irrational to understand that forced tolerance is just as tyrannical as intolerance?
    Just like most Judaic religions?
    Homosexuality and Bisexuality was not seen as disgusting nor unacceptable before Judaic religions (Christianity, Islam and Judaism) came into affect and starting saying it was a one way hellbound train?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    A lot of things we do in life aren't natural. Driving cars isn't natural. The welfare state isn't natural. Would you still allow those things to help you live your life?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    If I EVER found out my kid was bullying for whatever sick purpose he deemed reasonable, I would have A LOT to say.
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MENDACIUM)
    I dislike labelling and ad hominems.

Could you kindly define a 'homophobe'. ? Is simply someone who disagree's with the practice of homosexuality?

Or is it someone who actively abuses homosexuals?
    Somebody who both disagrees with and practices discriminative behaviour towards homosexuals..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoffreyBaratheon)
    Millions also believe that the apostates of their religion should be executed. I don't care for the views of millions.
    You don't have to respect the view, I was merely pointing out it is disingenuous to overly simplify there sources.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    Just like most Judaic religions?
    Homosexuality and Bisexuality was not seen as disgusting nor unacceptable before Judaic religions (Christianity, Islam and Judaism) came into affect and starting saying it was a one way hellbound train?
    Actually in many cultures and religions..it was.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.