Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lobloblob)
    Ohh I see, that makes sense. I'm not sure what email you're referring to though - I applied with my preferences in the online form by the website, not by email...should I be worried? Any idea when they're allocating home students, or if its soon? I want to get cracking finding alternatives and the undergrads will have snapped them all up before long! Thanks Sian!
    The University had send a form in a word format in the 1st week of July if i am not wrong. Surprisingly that email was in my "spam" folder but fortunately they did send a remainder and i had the opportunity to find that email in time, fulfill it, and send it back. That form asks you to choose four different accommodation so in each case the university can locate you in another hall if they cant find for instance in your first choice or second choice and etc.

ReputationRep:
    Really??? This is so unfair! I check my gmail account daily and there has been absolutely nothing!!!! I got the confirmation when i filled out the online form through fine so I know they definitely have my email. Why didnt they just ask for your other preferences in the original form? Awesome, looks like I'll be living on the streets next year, lol.
    When you are starting the university? If its next year(2015) then most likely they havent send u that form

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I've got Block L 4th floor
    Can you give me any information about this room?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andreascy)
    When you are starting the university? If its next year(2015) then most likely they havent send u that form
    haha no its this year, i dont think people will have even started applying for next year yet, would they? i called and it turns out they just didnt email it to me for some reason, its all sorted now!

ReputationRep:
    Check out this link, this is block L

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCUygVpjE0o

Is there any group that we can join in FB?:erm:

ReputationRep:
    haha no its this year, i dont think people will have even started applying for next year yet, would they? i called and it turns out they just didnt email it to me for some reason, its all sorted now!
    Awesome then

ReputationRep:
    Sian,
    I would like to know if my flat would be a non smoking one or not? Also will my fellow mates be vegetarian?

(Original post by University of Leeds)
    Hi,

Lots of questions so I’ll answer them all together.

E block is all premium rooms. It’s the biggest blocks and most of the flats are shared between 9 – so lots of people to make friends with! Your flat (angel 0512) is all girls.

The smallest block is K.

What's provided in the kitchen: In the 9 person flats in the kitchen you have 2 cookers, 3 fridge freezers, I washing machine, I tumble dryer, 1 or 2 microwaves, a kettle, iron and ironing board, vacuum cleaner, dustpan and brush, mop and bucket. In the lounge area, you have 2 sofas, 3 coffee tables, and a TV and you also have a dining table and 9 chairs.

Your rent includes Edge Club membership which is the off-peak membership of the gym and swimming pool on campus but you can also use the small fitness area at St. Marks itself.

As to whether the Warden is too strict, it depends what you mean by that. Yes, the warden and the subwardens will try to make sure that people are quiet at night so that other people can study or sleep. But as long as you are respectful of your fellow residents, you shouldn’t run into any problems. Were you thinking of something specific?

Hope that’s everything that everyone wanted to know!

Sian
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    (Original post by angel0512)
    Sian,
    I would like to know if my flat would be a non smoking one or not? Also will my fellow mates be vegetarian?

Hi

All the flats at St Mark;s are non-smoking

You probably won't be living solely with vegetarians; it isn't always possible to do this as it depends on how many apply for each residence.

I hope that helps

Sian
    Accommodation Office

ReputationRep:
    I've been allotted room G5. Anyone living in and about?

ReputationRep:
    There is only staircase right? Anyone knows how to interpret the house no? :rolleyes:
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    It's Block, Floor, Flat, Room Number

So A1.23 would be Block A, Floor 1, Flat 2, Room 3

Please can I advise you not to post your full address - remember that this is a public forum so you're publishing your address to the world! Sharing your block should be enough to find people living near you, then you can use private messages to discuss floor/flat/room numbers. It's what The Student Room advise: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/anno...?f=1050&a=1417

Best wishes

Amanda

ReputationRep:
    I have been allocated room in Block C any reviews about the block?

Best
    Gilani

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone! I had a few questions about St Marks since I'm thinking of applying for 2016-2017.

-Does anyone have any photos that they would be willing to send me of the flat and especially the bedrooms?

-Is it relatively quiet?

-How far of a walk is it (realistically) to the heart of the city centre, like the Trinity Shopping Centre?

-How close are the closest grocery stores like Tesco or Sainsbury's?

Thank you so much for your help!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! Just thought to restart this thread again. Anybody attending Leeds this September(2016) and got a place in St.Marks?
    I'v accepted my offer and it would be great to meet people going there
    Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    Hey there! I'm starting my PhD in English Lit this October (2016) and just accepted my spot at St. Marks. I'll be moving there in September. It's nice to meet you! What will you be studying? Have a great summer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trx_)
    I have been allocated room in Block C any reviews about the block?

Best
    Gilani
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1712082792336761/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/926678184117944/

You may want to check this facebook groups.

I will be staying at Saint Marks as well. My room is E3.14

ReputationRep:
    Hello, looking to re-open this thread anyone in St Mark's for 2017-2018? Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shim91)
    Hello, looking to re-open this thread anyone in St Mark's for 2017-2018? Cheers!
    This September I will start my management masters at Leeds University Business School. I am deciding between St Mark's, Montague Burton and Charles Morris residences. My priorities are: close location to uni and city centre, safety and social life.

I would appreciate if you could help me decide between those three residences

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm starting a Masters in Criminal Justice and Criminology at Leeds Uni School of Law in September. I have applied for accommodation at St Mark's, because it's close to uni and city centre. St Mark's is the newest development available for postgraduates only. I've never been in student accommodation so it's all very new to me, but St Mark's appears to be ideal for me personally, living with only postgrad students, distance wise and social life.

Hope this helps!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.