Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you ever been insulted about your looks? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have a load of scars on my hands which is rarely noticed but when it is it throws me off, as I think my hands are pretty ugly (because of the scars).

I wear glasses and used to be made fun of because of them ...
    Then when I take my glasses off I get either "You look far better without glasses" or "Your eyes are scary" or "Your eyes look Asian" (I'm White British). Doesn't really knock my confidence though. eh.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much most of my life.
    Is more pronounced nowadays since I gained weight in my teens, yo-yo'd a bit over recent years, and am now at my biggest ever. (I'm not whining, just stating facts. I am overweight. I will lose it when I'm good and ready, in my own time.)

I get a lot of abuse from kids/teenagers/randoms when I'm out.
    The best bit? I stopped caring what people think. So yeah, go ahead and make a big deal about my size. Captain freaking Obvious... are you expecting a medal or something, for pointing out something so blatant? So go ahead and shout out to the whole street how fat I am. They can already see that, so all you're doing is drawing attention to yourself and your lack of manners/how obnoxious you are. What you're saying, in my opinion, actually says far more about you than it does about me.

Lol, yesterday I went down to the charity shop to donate stuff. Stopped into Tesco on the way back to look around. As I neared the end of the walkway after coming out the shop, there were 3 ten-year-old boys messing around by the railings. I walked past, waiting for the inevitable comments. Yep, got one, and as soon as I turn my head and raise an eyebrow, they run off with a scared "uh-oh we are so in trouble!" expression on their faces. Classic! :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xOHarriet)
    Yep. Not so much anymore, but in primary and middle school I'd get a lot of abuse. Not really because people thought I was ugly facially, but I'd get a lot of nasty comments about my weight and my hair (because it was curly and not burnt straight). I find it a little disappointing that the fact that I spent the majority of my childhood bullied to the point where I'd cry myself to sleep and beg my parents not to send me to school is completely disregarded because of the fact I'm considered somewhat attractive now. I don't think it's fair that people can have genuine issues with their appearance due to their past and be labeled an attention seeker just because they got what society consider "lucky" during puberty.

Cue the negs.
    Judging from your profile picture only, I would call you very attractive..

I don't see what the fuss was about :lol: ..guys would be all over you if you went to my school

People commenting on my nose size too:/
    That and my ex-boyfriend saying I looked like i'd been hit by a train.

Noses have been mentioned on every page... Time for me to add to it.

Nearly everyone in my family has had a slightly small 'lump' in their nose, but small enough to constitute a 'normalish' nose, this included me, until I damaged it playing rugby. After that, the nose did heal without surgery, but it healed in such a way that a rather largish bump did appear. I don't really get many comments on it, but I am self conscious of it so the occasional comment about my nose really doesn't help.

I'll probably get it fixed after uni, but for now I'm not too bothered. I do think that it'd help me look the way I was 'supposed' to look though, without this huge lump.

ReputationRep:
    I have a load of pretty ugly scars on my elbows and upper arms which people in school used to point out a lot but that's my own fault really. I also have a biggish scar on my forehead from where some guy hit me with a brick when I was 8. But no one sees it because I cover it with a side fringe, as a result people take the p**s out of me for being so obsessed with the way my fringe is sitting :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I get comments about my (very long) hair fairly frequently. I got told to "cut my f***ing hair" by a tramp a few weeks ago. The strange thing was I stopped and talked to him for like ten minutes afterwards, he was an alright guy really. Ignoring the alcoholism for just a moment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SillyMilly)
    Ive got an underdevloped optic nerve in my left eye and as a result in turns in slightly i think its by 1 mm but its clearly noticable especially when im tired, stressed or upset.

Ive had people laugh point at me, talk about it behind my back a girl at uni told me that if she had something as embarssing as I do she wouldnt show her face until it had been operated on. I went through life without many people ever commenting on it, until i went to uni when the people have been cruel and vile. They dont think about what they say they say things like 'oh you look like the russell howard guy he has a funny eye too' or 'why are you crossed eyed' ' why is your eye wonky' 'cant you get that fixed'

Or the worse thing has been when people talk about it behind my back they laugh about it and of course it gets back to me people who cant remeber me refer to me as the girl with the wonky eye

I wish people would just come up and ask me about it as its not a lazy eye, i cant have it operated on theres a 80% risk if i do i will go blind in both my eyes, people just dont realise how hurtful what they say is.

Ive also been taken the piss out for my height (5ft11) or my chubby cheeks or being to fat or to skinny
    Why would you get bullied for being 5"11?

ReputationRep:
    I have long hair past my waist, so "Have you ever cut your hair?" in that irritating fake-girly-nice voice is common.

When I was younger I was considered the fat one of my friendship group (my BMI was 18.2 back then aswell) with the most appalling dress sense ever.

This girl used to scream that I was ugly at me every time I walked past her.

'Ugly' is the main one. Such a horrible world. My self esteem is pretty destroyed even though I haven't been called that in years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phillipsherman)
    What did you do?
    Nothing. He just really disliked me and decided to tell me how ugly he thought I was.

ReputationRep:
    I've never been insulted about my looks. Probably because I look like Zeus himself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beckalou)
    Nothing. He just really disliked me and decided to tell me how ugly he thought I was.
    What a pleasant guy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirstyy93)
    Haha sure! I don't know how to post a photo though :P
    Upload a picture to imgur then link to it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theguv92)
    I've never been insulted about my looks. Probably because I look like Zeus himself.
    I'd like to see your picture Zeus.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theguv92)
    Same. People always say I look like a black Zeus.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    All through high school I had insults thrown at me, on my first day I got told I didn't brush my teeth because my teeth were slightly yellow!!

Also I was one of those kids that went through severe acne and I got called for that too

Once I got called a "minger" ah, memories :rolleyes:

It's amazing how at the age of 11-14 it really stays with you and can affect your confidence!

ReputationRep:

(Original post by Phillipsherman)
    Upload a picture to imgur then link to it?

Okay, I'm not sure if I copied the right one, but here's a pic, just ignore my face haha!

http://imgur.com/m0LJtA8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirstyy93)

Okay, I'm not sure if I copied the right one, but here's a pic, just ignore my face haha!

http://imgur.com/m0LJtA8
    Your face is the whole picture though? Ha... Don't ignore it guys, you won't regret it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by H0ls)
    I remember when I was around 13, a guy who I vaguely knew from my primary school used to follow me home and throw acorns at my head and call me glow stick because I'm ginger. I never really took much notice or retaliated because frankly, I didn't care too much. A couple of months ago I saw him whilst out with friends and he said something along the lines of "wow haven't you changed now" and asked for my number, I cannot tell you how good it felt to reject him and make him look like an idiot in front of people.
    Ah yes. So good to see the ***** who bullied you at school or didn't give you the time of day now tha you've developed and the popular girls are fat with 5 kids

ReputationRep:
    Aww a big hug to everyone on this thread

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.