The Student Room Group

Law Unit 4 14th June 2013 (AQA)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lankan-gurl
Is anyone doing the judicial creativity concepts essay? I'm really stuck on that one :/

I'm revising that one but mine is 4 pages long and thats typed up in font size 11... Need to condense it
Original post by 52807
Does anyone know if for criminal damage does 'lawful excuse' apply for aggravated criminal damage, arson & basic or just basic criminal damage

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lawful excuse cannot apply to any offence starting with "aggravated"... This is because "aggravated " means where somebody's life is endangered and no once can have a lawful excuse for endangering someones life.
Hope that helps xxx
Original post by natasha007a
I'm revising that one but mine is 4 pages long and thats typed up in font size 11... Need to condense it

Would you be able to send me a copy once you've finished? It would really help me.
please
There you go. It's a lot to get through but hope it helps.

OMG thank you :smile:
Original post by Rupesh94
Ohhh...so unlawful harm is criminal damage, that's cleared it up!

Thanks a lot! Good luck for the exam :smile:

No worries and Good luck to you too :smile:
OMG thank you :smile:

You're welcome.
Does anyone else have any essays regarding concepts of law??
Reply 106
You're welcome.
Does anyone else have any essays regarding concepts of law??

These were found on TSR... both got A's apparently
Let me know what you think...
These were found on TSR... both got A's apparently
Let me know what you think...

Thanks! :smile:
Reply 108
Can anyone help me. For my law and morality essay I don't mention the Hart/Fuller debate but I talk about the Hart/Devlin debate in-depth as well as some aspects of natural law. Do you think that will prevent me from getting full marks?
Are there any model answers on the AQA website or have I not been looking properly?
Reply 110
Original post by Mreyow
Can anyone help me. For my law and morality essay I don't mention the Hart/Fuller debate but I talk about the Hart/Devlin debate in-depth as well as some aspects of natural law. Do you think that will prevent me from getting full marks?

I'm the same just very briefly mention Hart Fuller to call other safe.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 111
For the concepts of law, if I only include criminal law...will that limit to the amount of marks I can gain?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 112
For the concepts of law, if I only include criminal law...will that limit to the amount of marks I can gain?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes. You should include criminal law and whatever other area of law you studied for Unit 2 at least.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

What do you mean? For which essay?
Reply 114
What do you mean? For which essay?

Any essay I do....like for fault...if I only write about fault basef on criminal law..byt not on tort or civil....will that limit my Mark for it?
Original post by seana39223
I'm the same just very briefly mention Hart Fuller to call other safe.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah - I didn't mention Hart/Fuller in mine either (other than mentioning Fuller's name as a Natural Law theorist), though my teacher didn't seem to say it was necessary. I'll attach it if anyone wants to have a look.

I'm kinda wondering how to memorise 3 essays though. We were taught Morals, Creativity and Justice but I'm worried I won't be able to get them all into my head. For the Unit 3 reform essays I sort of learnt 2 like lines, it was pretty painful. How are other people going about memorising them? :smile:
Reply 116
Original post by InsaneMosaic

I'm kinda wondering how to memorise 3 essays though. We were taught Morals, Creativity and Justice but I'm worried I won't be able to get them all into my head. For the Unit 3 reform essays I sort of learnt 2 like lines, it was pretty painful. How are other people going about memorising them? :smile:

I'm just remembering it in sections e.g. for Law and Moraltiy
1)Define Law
2)Law Theories
3)Define Morality
4)Overlap with Law and Morality - Wilson and Brown
5)No overlap - Pluralistic Society
6)Hart-Devlin Debate, briefly mention Hart-Fuller
7)Specific answer to quesiton
8)Conclusion
Reply 117
Original post by InsaneMosaic
Yeah - I didn't mention Hart/Fuller in mine either (other than mentioning Fuller's name as a Natural Law theorist), though my teacher didn't seem to say it was necessary. I'll attach it if anyone wants to have a look.

Wow your essay is really good. We're doing Morals, creativity and Justice too. I hate judicial creativity, I pray morals comes up :frown: I'm just rewriting them 2/3 times a day until the exam. So far its worked with justice and morals but I can't seem to get my head around creativity.

What's the least amount of time anyone can write their essays in? I'm aiming for 35 mins so I have 5 minutes to analyse the scenarios and 40 minutes for each scenario question
Reply 118
Does anybody know of any issues currently in the news which can be used for the law and morality essay??
Reply 119
Original post by sammy1995
Does anybody know of any issues currently in the news which can be used for the law and morality essay??

Gay Marriage is what I am using.

Quick Reply

Latest