Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSR Book Club, April 2013: Things Fall Apart Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    Right guys, I'm really sorry about the delay - my internet connection hasn't been in the best shape recently. So, I did the draw and am delighted to be able to announce the list of people who will be getting free copies of Things Fall Apart this month:

leqe
    Galligantus
    dlaiden
    Eireann95
    Aylish
    just_a_girl_x
    HumanSupremacist
    Victoriapownall
    TheReckless
    me_17

Congratulations guys! You'll now need to provide your postal addresses via PM (I'll send you instructions as I get them).

Commiserations to all those who were hoping for a free copy and didn't get one. :console: However, I really hope all of you are still interested enough to acquire a copy and join in the discussion! Like I said in the OP, Things Fall Apart is a very widely read and popular book, so it shouldn't be too difficult to find it in bookshops or possibly public libraries. It would be great to have a lot of people reading and talking about the book!

Regarding discussion itself, I'll put up a couple of rules when I put up the discussion thread (such as the use of spoilers and such). I've also been thinking it might be good to introduce a very tentative sort of structure for discussion - not a rigid structure or anything, but perhaps a broad topical progression - which might help ease in discussion and make people more confident of what to post. I've got a couple of ideas for this and will look to develop that in the next couple of days/by the weekend, but any ideas would of course be very welcome indeed (or comments about the idea of a structure, etc).

Happy reading everyone!
    Wow! Thank you, Abes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    Right guys, I'm really sorry about the delay - my internet connection hasn't been in the best shape recently. So, I did the draw and am delighted to be able to announce the list of people who will be getting free copies of Things Fall Apart this month:

leqe
    Galligantus
    dlaiden
    Eireann95
    Aylish
    just_a_girl_x
    HumanSupremacist
    Victoriapownall
    TheReckless
    me_17

Congratulations guys! You'll now need to provide your postal addresses via PM (I'll send you instructions as I get them).

Commiserations to all those who were hoping for a free copy and didn't get one. :console: However, I really hope all of you are still interested enough to acquire a copy and join in the discussion! Like I said in the OP, Things Fall Apart is a very widely read and popular book, so it shouldn't be too difficult to find it in bookshops or possibly public libraries. It would be great to have a lot of people reading and talking about the book!

Regarding discussion itself, I'll put up a couple of rules when I put up the discussion thread (such as the use of spoilers and such). I've also been thinking it might be good to introduce a very tentative sort of structure for discussion - not a rigid structure or anything, but perhaps a broad topical progression - which might help ease in discussion and make people more confident of what to post. I've got a couple of ideas for this and will look to develop that in the next couple of days/by the weekend, but any ideas would of course be very welcome indeed (or comments about the idea of a structure, etc).

Happy reading everyone!
    Oh wow, I didn't actually expect to win! I never win anything! ^_^ Thanks! I'll be sure to PM you today. Maybe for discussion structure, we could focus on a particular theme or two that we discuss in regards to every chapter, and then smaller chapter-specific themes...or something. I'm not sure. :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wow! I never thought I'd win
    Can't wait to read and discuss it

ReputationRep:
    awwwww, so happy! I didn't expect it at all!

Is there anyone in particular we have to PM our address too?

Well done all

(Original post by me_17)
    awwwww, so happy! I didn't expect it at all!

Is there anyone in particular we have to PM our address too?

Well done all
    I'll let you know as soon as I get confirmation.

Sorry about the delay guys, I was hoping we'd have started discussion by now.

ReputationRep:
    I hope Nigeria isn't actually like this :erm:

Okay, here we go! To the winners of the draw - if you've already sent me your addresses, I've forwarded them on to shooks. If you haven't sent me your address, you can PM shooks directly and he'll sort out your free copy.

And now that that's sorted, I'm closing this thread and redirecting discussion to the discussion thread.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.