Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel Physics Unit 3 9th May watch

• View Poll Results: Do you think question on Multimeter will come?
    Yes
    50.00%
    No
    50.00%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StUdEnTIGCSE)
    YES you can answer part by part. a) b) c)
    But don't worry they'll mark it holistically.

Go through some examiners' reports.
    Thanks mate!

And i am a tad bit nervous for this exam i usually scre up when the ask about uncertainity and erros and stuff but someone posted excellent notes on this unit so hopefully that'll help

ReputationRep:
    YES you can answer part by part. a) b) c)
    But don't worry they'll mark it holistically.

Go through some examiners' reports.
    If the question asks you to describe an experiment including apparatus, readings taken, precautions, ...without giving it in parts, can you wrire in point form? Like:-

Apparatus-
    Readings taken-
    Precautions-

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Relaxedexams)
    If the question asks you to describe an experiment including apparatus, readings taken, precautions, ...without giving it in parts, can you wrire in point form? Like:-

Apparatus-
    Readings taken-
    Precautions-

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't know. That was in earlier papers, after that they changed the way of questioning.
    Just make sure you answered the question entirely.
    If that comes like that I'll just bluff everything and fill the space.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know. That was in earlier papers, after that they changed the way of questioning.
    Just make sure you answered the question entirely.
    If that comes like that I'll just bluff everything and fill the space.
    Like in history?

But still here they mark only particular points, so instead of bluffing, it would be better to write in point form?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hey what a r practicals we shud know

ReputationRep:
    Like in history?

But still here they mark only particular points, so instead of bluffing, it would be better to write in point form?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    at wht tym do u hav da exm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaju)
    1.30 local time

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ppl whr can i get the mariking schemes and exminer of 2009 may onwards untill 2013 jan

ReputationRep:
    whr can i get the mariking schemes and exminer reprt of 2009 may onwards untill 2013 jan

ReputationRep:
    1.30 local time

Posted from TSR Mobile
    whr can i get the mariking schemes and exminer rprt of 2009 may onwards untill 2013 jan

ReputationRep:
    Hey, whats the absolute uncertainty of a protractor?

ReputationRep:
    When you provide a reverse potential difference to the photo voltaic cell work is done against the motion of the phtoelectron. When you increase the voltage across the PV cell the rate of work against the motion of photoelectron (Ve) increases and if it equals or surpasses that of the kinetic energy of the photoelectrons it completely stops them reaching the other electrode. So no current flows through it. So the ammeter ( gulvanometer/picometer) shows zero, and the voltage is recorded to being the stopping voltage for that particular frequency of EM waves.

What do you mean by "first"?
    Cause 2 readings were given.
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by examman123)
    Hey, whats the absolute uncertainty of a protractor?
    1 degree

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaju)
    U? Where do u live?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NilFBosh)
    U? Where do u live?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    whr can i get the mariking schemes and exminer reprt of 2009 may onwards untill 2013 jan , i live in srilanka

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaju)
    whr can i get the mariking schemes and exminer reprt of 2009 may onwards untill 2013 jan , i live in srilanka
    You can get them here http://www.edexcel.com/quals/gce/gce...s/default.aspx or check studenforums.biz...

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone please tell me how to do an experiment to determain planks constant; procedure, safety and possible errors
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaju)
    From June 2009 till June 2012 you can get the mark scheme and the examiner report on this link :

For Jan 2013 the mark scheme (first link) and examiner report (second link) :

http://www.mediafire.com/?5djntd8dd7ykb

http://www.studentforums.biz/index.p...;topicseen#new

i think for the second link you will have to create an account to access it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaju)
    From June 2009 till June 2012 you can get the mark scheme and the examiner report on this link :
    http://www.edexcel.com/quals/gce/gce...s/default.aspx

For Jan 2013 the mark scheme (first link) and examiner report (second link) :

http://www.mediafire.com/?5djntd8dd7ykb

http://www.studentforums.biz/index.p...;topicseen#new

i think for the second link you will have to create an account to access it.

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone tell me the difference between reliable and accurate? in relevance to the Unit 3 experiments. Cheers

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.