Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    how did you get on with this ,Im, father of a student at Leeds and this sounds remarkably similar to what has happened to my daughter ,we have just recieved a(at our home address) bill for two contract phones which we dont have and a bill for £86 per month for the two phones I,ve know IDEA what she is up to or how a remarkably sensible girl has got herself mixed up in this scam thanks Simon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shockin)
    how did you get on with this ,Im, father of a student at Leeds and this sounds remarkably similar to what has happened to my daughter ,we have just recieved a(at our home address) bill for two contract phones which we dont have and a bill for £86 per month for the two phones I,ve know IDEA what she is up to or how a remarkably sensible girl has got herself mixed up in this scam thanks Simon
    Its just a silly naive student thinking they can make money through deception and making money dishonestly. Setting up a contract and expecting someone on the inside to shut it down, someone has to take the loss, i.e. the networks.....how is that ethical.... Is called karma.... You can't cheat on an honest man.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've heard of a few people I know of getting involved in this. But at the end of the day it was their own fault, anyone who got caught up in this, well you shouldn't of been so silly to release you never get money for nothing and you sure don't make money by agreeing to contacts in your name that ate legally binding,

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    one of my friend told me the exact same thing and im thinking about acceepting it but im not sure , he goes he just needs my card , pin and 20 pound on ma card and can get 5 phones for free same method as you mentioned
    help?
    if i accept is there any precautions i can take?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LoganYR)
    So basically last week my friend told me about this scam which is i have to get 5 Iphone 5's and i keep 2 of them and he gets 3 iphones, he will then remove all the phones off the system which means we dont have to pay for nothing and we get 2 free iphones each. however he lied to us and he was just scamming us. What i have done so far is cancel all my direct debits, ive tried to return the phones which i have (Luckily i have 3 out of the 5 phones) i have managed to return 1 phone but the other company's wont take them back and the only way to cancel it is by paying the whole thing this means i have to pay off 4 contracts which adds up to £4,500 and i dont have that money to be able to pay that off.
    Do you guys reckon i should take all the money i have in the bank (like £200) and open a new bank and put all the money in their? i don't mind getting blacklisted or having bad credit score i can rebuild it as the years go by and i do not need a loan. i also don't want to inform my parents because they will hate me and will cause alot of problems even though they will pay for it, but this will change my life and affect it really badly and this is why i dont want to do that. also when i get blacklisted/ bad score will they send letters to my house? as i dont want my parents to find out about this. and im planning to get save some money by working and if i ever have to pay it back (I owe £4,000) i will as i will be able to get the money later as im still young. also will they come after me? like take anything i own ( i do not own anything valuable) thanks guys need you help i dont no what to do with my life im soo scared/depressed/stressed. PLEASE HELP GUYS my life has been so hard i just want everything back to normal i never meant to do all of this my friend forced me to. i know its stupid and i will never do something like this again!!

one of my friend told me the exact same thing and im thinking about acceepting it but im not sure , he goes he just needs my card , pin and 20 pound on ma card and can get 5 phones for free same method as you mentioned
    help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mibrahim97)
    help?
    O_o

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Are you people A level educated students or morons?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mibrahim97)
    help?
    No risk, you will just end up with 5 new lines, I would start up a call centre from it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up sugar, or salt?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.