Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Silly things said in football. Watch

ReputationRep:
    "We went there to attack them"

Steve Kean after Blackburn became only the second ever team not to have a single shot in the Premier League

ReputationRep:
    This is quite a generic one but when a player comes back from injury and managers refer to it as "like a new signing". As a Liverpool fan I was a bit concerned that Rodgers said that Gerrard coming back from injury could be our best signing this summer. I know he just topped the 100 PWSTK recently and has been a colossal figure in Liverpool folklore and for England but it doesn't ease fears that Liverpool are one or two players short.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hugs31)
    This is quite a generic one but when a player comes back from injury and managers refer to it as "like a new signing". As a Liverpool fan I was a bit concerned that Rodgers said that Gerrard coming back from injury could be our best signing this summer. I know he just topped the 100 PWSTK recently and has been a colossal figure in Liverpool folklore and for England but it doesn't ease fears that Liverpool are one or two players short.
    Yes, this annoys me, as do most of the constituents of the litany of cliches that inexplicably pass for football punditry or insight.

I'm thinking of just devoting this entire thread to things said on the BBC Live Feed during football games; it really is intolerable to have updates interspersed every other minute with utter nonsense.

ReputationRep:
    Guillem Balague and almost anything that comes out of his mouth with his "sources" :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Michael Owen, the 'definitive' voice in commentary on how to win a foul ("He should have gone down there"), provides one today during the City/Arsenal match.

"If Arsenal score then it could be set up for a grand-stand finish"

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.