The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Silver Arrow
Good girl :wink:

Lol. Thanks :rolleyes: :tongue:
Reply 101
Original post by TheWorldEndsWithYou
This is about the girls in my area and not a generalisation of girls.

I'm so sick and tired of girls my age! I hate them so much!

I'm 19 in South East and have been single for years and I honestly don't know what's wrong with me. I consider myself reasonably attractive and above all I have a really good personality; I'm kind, generous, considerate, thoughtful, a good listener, caring, affectionate - just to name a few but I live in a world where my peers are so ****ing judgemental and superficial that it's rage-inducing.

I try so hard to befriend people but to no avail and I honestly have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I put myself out there to make friends only to be crushed so I decided to just be myself which is more withdrawn and considered as my peers as "anti-social" and of course I'm crushed.

If I don't think going ouy and getting drunk is my idea of fun then does that make me a terrible person!? If I hate Facebook does that make me unsociable? Right now I'm tired of my idiotic peers who are so damn picky and unsurprisingly can't sustain relationships because they don't consider the people who could genuinely make them happy.

What makes me so mad is that you have the jerks and the morons who don't know how to think, dress or talk always getting the girl and then they treat those girls like crap! My friend is cheating on his girlfriend with a married woman for crying out loud! Meanwhile here's me - a nice guy who can't get anyone and I don't know why.

I try to befriend black women but they don't care for me because I'm literally not "black" enough; meaning that they'd probably like me more if I called them b***h more and dropped my trousers so you can see my bum and then the white girls I know don't even like black men. I can't win and I just don't know what to do.

I'm a mature boy for my age - I always have been and I've been told this by adults. I want a meaningful relationship NOW; a relationship I can work on and move into the future with. But of course being so young older women won't look at me, and by the time I'm 30 or so I'll still be around my idiot peers only they will be the same age but they still will have the same feelings.

This is partly a rant but mostly it's my cry for help as I simply don't have a place in the world at all.

I used to be like you. You dont realise how deluded you sound. You seriously need to pull your head out your ass, and stop thinking the world owes you anything.

If you really want things to get better you need to be more the sort of person who identifies a problem, realises what needs to be done and goes and does it, rather than the sort of person who identifies a problem, and then sits on his hands and whines about it on a forum like a little bitch.

First thing first, stop being a "nice guy" - nothing to gain from being nice, and nice really guys really do finish last, especially when it comes to dating.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 102
Original post by Janineee
Its just black guys are very dirty. They heat and all they want is ass . They have sex everywhere and they smell bad, theyre also very unclassy. Not being rasist at all. Black guys are fun to be around and amazing friends. I personally am not attracted.

http://kingsofthenba.com/wp-content/uploads/image_603.jpg

aint nothing wrong with a bit of heat lol
Reply 103

Someone who thinks and says all those nice things about themselves isn't someone I would be particularly impressed by...You sound like a very angry person.
Reply 104
Original post by Janineee
Its just black guys are very dirty. They heat and all they want is ass . They have sex everywhere and they smell bad, theyre also very unclassy. Not being rasist at all. Black guys are fun to be around and amazing friends. I personally am not attracted.

wow you are so ****ing racist...
Do you wear a fedora hat?
Reply 106
Original post by skumgummi
Do you wear a fedora hat?

probably does hahahaha
I don't find black men attractive, so what?
Original post by CuteWithoutTheE
I don't find black men attractive, so what?

This obviously makes you a filthy racist!!!!

*edit* Gotta love how someone didn't understand the sarcasm...
(edited 11 years ago)

I'm 19 in South East and have been single for years and I honestly don't know what's wrong with me. I consider myself reasonably attractive and above all I have a really good personality; I'm kind, generous, considerate, thoughtful, a good listener, caring, affectionate - just to name a few but I live in a world where my peers are so ****ing judgemental and superficial that it's rage-inducing.

I try so hard to befriend people but to no avail and I honestly have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I put myself out there to make friends only to be crushed so I decided to just be myself which is more withdrawn and considered as my peers as "anti-social" and of course I'm crushed.

If I don't think going ouy and getting drunk is my idea of fun then does that make me a terrible person!? If I hate Facebook does that make me unsociable? Right now I'm tired of my idiotic peers who are so damn picky and unsurprisingly can't sustain relationships because they don't consider the people who could genuinely make them happy.

What makes me so mad is that you have the jerks and the morons who don't know how to think, dress or talk always getting the girl and then they treat those girls like crap! My friend is cheating on his girlfriend with a married woman for crying out loud! Meanwhile here's me - a nice guy who can't get anyone and I don't know why.

I try to befriend black women but they don't care for me because I'm literally not "black" enough; meaning that they'd probably like me more if I called them b***h more and dropped my trousers so you can see my bum and then the white girls I know don't even like black men. I can't win and I just don't know what to do.

I'm a mature boy for my age - I always have been and I've been told this by adults. I want a meaningful relationship NOW; a relationship I can work on and move into the future with. But of course being so young older women won't look at me, and by the time I'm 30 or so I'll still be around my idiot peers only they will be the same age but they still will have the same feelings.

This is partly a rant but mostly it's my cry for help as I simply don't have a place in the world at all.

Are you one of those 'nice guys' who doesn't stick up for himself, will let a girl walk all over him, and is pretty much devoid of masculinity?

I only ask because this is something that I've been on the recieving end of LOADS of times, and am going through yet again.

A 'nice guy' likes me, but this 'nice guy' is obsessive. He constantly texts me, texting again and again if I don't reply, he is nervous and shy around me, I catch him staring at me from across the classroom, he practically falls over himself to help me when it's not really necessary (e.g blurting out 'I'll carry your bag if you want!' randomly), he tells me he'll 'never hurt me', he doesn't really stick up for himself and is not really masculine in any way.

I'm not a bitch or a fool. I want a guy who treats me properly. I want a guy who is kind, mature and looking for a serious relationship. But I do not want a SAP. I do not want someone who does not seem to have respect for themselves. I want to feel protected, I want to feel like the girl in the relationship. I do not have stupid ideologies about masculinity like "boys shouldn't cry/boys shouldn't do housework/boys shouldn't talk about their feelings" but I do not want to feel like I'm stepping on eggshells because the boy in question is so sensitive and fragile.

Are you like this? Be honest with yourself. Many boys who are like this don't realise they are. They just think "I'm nice, why is Mr. Prick over there getting all the girls?". The reason why Mr. Prick is getting all the girls is because he oozes masculinity, even though he's an absolute tosser.

I'll also talk about my own experience being the 'nice girl'. I used to think the same. "I'm such a nice girl, why am I always single?". I had no self respect before. You have to let the person you're interested in chase you sometimes, if you're always at their feet like a begging puppy, you're just gonna get annoying or worse: used.

Of course, this may or may not apply to you, but do some more soul searching. There's literally LOADS of articles about this 'nice guy' thing. I think the blame lies on men and women. It depends.

P.S - By the way, the solution is not the become a heartless, rude, disrespectful c*nt. A lot of 'nice guys' make this mistake. The solution is just to be more sparing with your 'niceness', to have more self respect and condfidence, and be alpha.

Also:

http://www.heartless-bitches.com/rants/niceguys/niceguys.shtml

http://www.buzzfeed.com/hnigatu/13-reasons-why-nice-guys-are-the-worst
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Salapanda
Nice guys don't finish last...boring guys do...

+1
I'm sick of hearing guys saying nice guys finish last.

There is nothing more attractive to me than a nice guy - i dont mean a doormat, underconfident etc. The guy i have a crazy crush in right now one of the most attractive features is that he has a good heart, he messed up one time i nearly didnt want to speak him again but the only thing that makes me still like him is that i know he is nice. I have met so many dickish guys in my life, and i was close losing hope. And then i met him, and although i dont think it will work out long term and i know ill be heartbroken but im glad i met him cause hes restored that faith ive always had that there are some really nice genuinely nice guys out there

Please dont have the attitude that you need to be a d**k to a girl to get her, if she's intelligent she wont fall for it.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by A100whoo
I'm sick of hearing guys saying nice guys finish last.

There is nothing more attractive to me than a nice guy - i dont mean a doormat, underconfident etc. The guy i have a crazy crush in right now one of the most attractive features is that he has a good heart, he messed up one time i nearly didnt want to speak him again but the only thing that makes me still like him is that i know he is nice. I have met so many dickish guys in my life, and i was close losing hope. And then i met him, and although i dont think it will work out long term and i know ill be heartbroken but im glad i met him cause hes restored that faith ive always had that there are some really nice genuinely nice guys out there

Please dont have the attitude that you need to be a d**k to a girl to get her, if she's intelligent she wont fall for it.

Most 'nice guys' are these things, this is the problem. That's where the term actually originates from, if I'm not mistaken.
Original post by Spontogical
Most 'nice guys' are these things, this is the problem. That's where the term actually originates from, if I'm not mistaken.

Still I'd rather go with a nice guy who was underconfident than a cocky arrogant guy.
Original post by Guy Secretan
You do realise that loads of girls love black guys you often see them with really hot girlfriends you are just blaming being black for women not liking you.

:biggrin:
I swear everytime I go clubbing I see white blond women with black guys on the dance floor.
Still I'd rather go with a nice guy who was underconfident than a cocky arrogant guy.

Similarly, 'in theory' I would want to date a fat girl over a skinny stuck up supermodel claudia schiffer type.
Original post by Spontogical

Being nice isn't synonymous with being a doormat. They're problem is they're underconfidence and doormat, not that they're kind good people.

I know plenty of genuinely nice people who are confident, and will stand their ground when they need to
Original post by fat_hobbit
Similarly, 'in theory' I would want to date a fat girl over a skinny stuck up supermodel claudia schiffer type.

Thats your personal dilemma. I have, believe it or not, in real life turned down good looking guys cause i knew they were knobs. My ex boyfriend wasn't stereotypically hot, but he had a good personality and i went for him
Reply 118

Ok. I'm going to take you through, line by line, and explain what's going wrong.

But to give you a big overview, it seems like you look down on people quite a lot, are overly selective, and quite probably a bit socially inexperienced. But let's take things one at a time.

This is about the girls in my area

If you have a problem with "girls in your area" you have about 3 different choices.

1. Go outside your area
2. Go to places inside your area that is more likely to have the types you like
3. Meet girls even though they don't necessarily conform to your view of "great girl material"

I consider myself reasonably attractive and above all I have a really good personality; I'm kind, generous, considerate, thoughtful, a good listener, caring, affectionate

You can be all of these things and be an *******. It's how you INTERACT with people that makes them like you, not whether you're attractive or THING that you have a good personality.

Have fun, and ensure that the people around you are having fun around you as well, and that will go further than being "generous" or being a "good listener"

1. You sound like a bit of a wet blanket if your default position is to be "anti social"
2. You either haven't tried to befriend people in the RIGHT way, or haven't done as much as you THINK you are to be friendly
3. The fact that at 19 you've decided that you've been "crushed" by trying to be friendly speaks more about your personality than that of others.

If I don't think going ouy and getting drunk is my idea of fun then does that make me a terrible person!?

No it doesn't, but will certainly limit your options. You can go out WITHOUT having alcohol - lots of people I know do and nobody rams a bottle of Jack Daniels down their throat.
Either way, there are lots of places to go to meet people besides the typical "clubbing" scene

What makes me so mad is that you have the jerks and the morons who don't know how to think, dress or talk always getting the girl and then they treat those girls like crap!

The jerks and morons are usually INTERESTING and FUN to be around. You, sir, certainly do not sound like either. There are also lots of people who are NOT jerks and morons who are popular.

I try to befriend black women but they don't care for me because I'm literally not "black" enough

I've never sagged my pants or uttered the words "bruv" or "blood" but I can assure you that there are plenty of black girls in London who would find me attractive. While yes, there is no denying that there are lots of dumb women (and men) who are attracted to this kind of thing, there are lots who AREN'T.

I'm a mature boy for my age

No you are not. You're probably studious - which many people (including dumb adults) think is somehow "mature". A mature person is well rounded, not anti social.
Thats your personal dilemma. I have, believe it or not, in real life turned down good looking guys cause i knew they were knobs. My ex boyfriend wasn't stereotypically hot, but he had a good personality and i went for him

Pics or it didn't happen.

I will rate him out of 10 for you. Hobbit style.

Latest

Trending

Trending