Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I tend to shower every other day. Only exceptions will be if I'm feeling quite stinking or dirty

ReputationRep:
    Every other day, as i hate how my hair looks when its just been shampoo'd, frizz central XD

ReputationRep:
    Every single morning I have a shower.

I was brought up to.

ReputationRep:
    At least once a day and if I do something physical then twice a day. If I don't do that my head, back and arms start to itch.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My hair is awful after I wash it, I always shower at night so I can sleep on my hair to get rid of the mess. I shower Mon,Tue,Thurs,Fri and Sun. This is mainly due to my skin being uncomfortably dry for a while and I just can't stand it :erm:

ReputationRep:
    Shower every morn, if I ever have a bath it's in the evening for some reason - but I like to feel clean

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hskjlclcn)
    Shower every morn, if I ever have a bath it's in the evening for some reason - but I like to feel clean
    Couldn't agree more! exactly the same for me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam.T.xXx)
    Couldn't agree more! exactly the same for me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    High 4 right there for the smiley faces and for cleanness

ReputationRep:
    I normally shower every other day cos I have three other sisters and my parents battling it out to use the shower! At my school I sometimes shower daily cos it can get really busy at times, such is IB life, and it's also a nice way to chill out

ReputationRep:
    Every other evening (never really during the morning), more often if I've been sweating/physically active.

ReputationRep:
    Every other day but it's a must if I go out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zshoom)
    The people on here who get a shower 3 times a week probably stink without realising it. Nothing worse than sitting next to a smelly ******* eating your dinner.
    Yeah I was surprised how many people have said they dont have a shower every day. Ive always thought of it as something people were suppose to do once they reached puberty. And Im surprised at people saying its too much time/effort, dries out their hair/hair takes too long to dry etc. It takes 5 mins and you dont have to wash your hair every time you take a shower. You can wear a shower cap or tie your hair up, adjust the shower so it doesnt hit above shoulder level and wash your face and neck separately at the sink afterwards. I have a bath/shower every day but I only wash my hair 2/3 times a week.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanS94)
    My hair is awful after I wash it, I always shower at night so I can sleep on my hair to get rid of the mess. I shower Mon,Tue,Thurs,Fri and Sun. This is mainly due to my skin being uncomfortably dry for a while and I just can't stand it :erm:
    Moisturisng cream is good for this. You can be squeaky clean and have soft skin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by w0tSuhail)
    My mate has told me he does not shower/bath everyday and showers/baths weekly. He is 15 as am I & I haven't noticed no problem with him, no unusually smell or nothing. How often do you guys shower/bath and is my mate an idiot or?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Goshy.
    Is it possible he doesn't do much? The majority of fifteen year olds that I know are always sweaty etc mainly because they do a lot of sport/mixed with being a teenager. If he doesn't do much in an active sense then I suppose he won't sweat as much as some people do.

ReputationRep:
    I shower in the morning and the evening, normally I go swimming so have to have a shower in the evening no matter what

USING THE TSR APP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eveiebaby)
    Moisturisng cream is good for this. You can be squeaky clean and have soft skin.
    I do but it doesn't last long seriously my skin goes dry about an hour after doing it :/

ReputationRep:
    I have a bath every day.

ReputationRep:
    Generally 2/3 times a week - my hair doesn't get that greasy, and plus it takes a few hours to dry so... I don't smell, and I wouldn't shower if I wasn't washing my hair. Part of the reason for this is - brace yourselves - I don't use shower gel, I've never used it in my life, actually, and my skin? Well, I'm having far less skin problems than the other people in my family, and it just smells of... skin; I don't stink. Some people don't use shampoo, I don't use shower gel. If I'd done serious physical activity though, I'd probably have a shower anyway, that's different.

Feel free to call me weird.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemmam)
    Yeah I was surprised how many people have said they dont have a shower every day. Ive always thought of it as something people were suppose to do once they reached puberty. And Im surprised at people saying its too much time/effort, dries out their hair/hair takes too long to dry etc. It takes 5 mins and you dont have to wash your hair every time you take a shower. You can wear a shower cap or tie your hair up, adjust the shower so it doesnt hit above shoulder level and wash your face and neck separately at the sink afterwards. I have a bath/shower every day but I only wash my hair 2/3 times a week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    But then what's the advantage of a shower over a strip wash at the sink if you're not going to wash your hair and you have take extra time to tie up your hair etc? To me it doesn't make any sense, I may aswell run some water in the sink and just wash places like under my arms that actually need doing everday, rather than waiting for the shower to heat up, tying my hair back and fiddling with the shower head to do what I could have done already.

The advice is to wash places like under your arms everyday once you reach puberty, but that doesn't have to be in shower or bath. Also like all advice it's very general and is designed to cover everyone all the time. Think of it like a use by date, I've once had something actually go off the day before (didn't lose out as I returned it) - that's the rare person who needs to wash twice a day. However for the most part food is still fine to eat for another day or two, just like for the most part people can get away with not washing for a day or two and not actually smell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StacFace)
    But then what's the advantage of a shower over a strip wash at the sink if you're not going to wash your hair and you have take extra time to tie up your hair etc? To me it doesn't make any sense, I may aswell run some water in the sink and just wash places like under my arms that actually need doing everday, rather than waiting for the shower to heat up, tying my hair back and fiddling with the shower head to do what I could have done already.

The advice is to wash places like under your arms everyday once you reach puberty, but that doesn't have to be in shower or bath. Also like all advice it's very general and is designed to cover everyone all the time. Think of it like a use by date, I've once had something actually go off the day before (didn't lose out as I returned it) - that's the rare person who needs to wash twice a day. However for the most part food is still fine to eat for another day or two, just like for the most part people can get away with not washing for a day or two and not actually smell.
    Because you'll be washing your whole body not just pits, feet and bits. Although you do sweat from these parts the most, you do still sweat all over to. Tying hair up and adjusting the shower head only takes 30 seconds at the most and you can turn on the shower before you undress and it should be hot enough by the time you get in. I wouldn't consider it time consuming personally.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.