Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey djpatch you seem quite the expert on lucid dreaming.. Would you be able to tell me the effect if any that THC/CBD from cann-a-bis would have on ability to LD or amount of control you have in the dream? Basically how does the named substance(s) affect lucid dreaming and dreams in general?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a.jiwa)
    Hey djpatch you seem quite the expert on lucid dreaming.. Would you be able to tell me the effect if any that THC/CBD from cann-a-bis would have on ability to LD or amount of control you have in the dream? Basically how does the named substance(s) affect lucid dreaming and dreams in general?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm hardly the expert :P

From what I know drugs such as cannabis seriously kills off your dream recall. It might give you some crazy dreams but you wouldn't remember them in the morning. It's because of this that nobody really knows its effects in a lucid dream. Since you're more likely to accept things after having taken the drug I think it would lower your chances of noticing something is out of place and therefore also lower your chances of becoming lucid.
    I really don't recommend drugs if you're trying to lucid dream, or alcohol for that matter. Both of those things seem to do a good job of stopping you remembering your dreams.

Hope that helped

ReputationRep:
    How do you keep yourself asleep when you realise you're dreaming?

I've realised twice relatively recently but both times I've woken straight up. First time I can't remember the dream that went with it but I remember saying something like "we'll I MUST be dreaming", then I woke up. Second time around (last night) I was walking down a familiar corridor, noticed it looked a bit odd, then realised I was walking upwards towards some doors and realised I was dreaming. I felt terrified for about a second and woke myself up. I wanted to stay asleep and have a proper lucid dream!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I had a lucid dream last night, I tried making a cat appear in my dream and even closed my eyes in the dream, but couldn't get one to appear, lol...

how do you actually make stuff appear etc in them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noodles!)
    How do you keep yourself asleep when you realise you're dreaming?

I've realised twice relatively recently but both times I've woken straight up. First time I can't remember the dream that went with it but I remember saying something like "we'll I MUST be dreaming", then I woke up. Second time around (last night) I was walking down a familiar corridor, noticed it looked a bit odd, then realised I was walking upwards towards some doors and realised I was dreaming. I felt terrified for about a second and woke myself up. I wanted to stay asleep and have a proper lucid dream!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Staying asleep when you realize takes practice. Usually the first few times the rush of excitement when you find out is too much and you wake yourself up. For me it took about 5 or 6 LD's before I managed to stay calm enough to remain in the dream. Keep at it, you'll get there. Just think when you realize "I must stay calm and relax"

(Original post by Blazinq)
    I had a lucid dream last night, I tried making a cat appear in my dream and even closed my eyes in the dream, but couldn't get one to appear, lol...

how do you actually make stuff appear etc in them
    Congrats Materialisation of anything in dreams is a very very advanced technique, even some of the dreamers I know that have been doing it for years with expert levels of control still struggle to do it. The way you're trying is called active materialisation, the easier and less advanced way is called passive materialisation. The idea is you expect the thing you want to appear to be around a corner or something instead of trying to get it to appear right in front of you. For example, the cat you wanted to appear could be behind a door near you. You go to the door and open it and hey presto the cat is there It saves your brain having to work as hard trying to visualize something appearing in front of you Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by djpatch)
    Staying asleep when you realize takes practice. Usually the first few times the rush of excitement when you find out is too much and you wake yourself up. For me it took about 5 or 6 LD's before I managed to stay calm enough to remain in the dream. Keep at it, you'll get there. Just think when you realize "I must stay calm and relax"

Congrats Materialisation of anything in dreams is a very very advanced technique, even some of the dreamers I know that have been doing it for years with expert levels of control still struggle to do it. The way you're trying is called active materialisation, the easier and less advanced way is called passive materialisation. The idea is you expect the thing you want to appear to be around a corner or something instead of trying to get it to appear right in front of you. For example, the cat you wanted to appear could be behind a door near you. You go to the door and open it and hey presto the cat is there It saves your brain having to work as hard trying to visualize something appearing in front of you Hope this helps
    Had another one last night, I got the people I wanted to appear... And yeah...

Also, this materialisation... I think it's a lot easier than giving yourself super powers :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Had another one last night, I got the people I wanted to appear... And yeah...

Also, this materialisation... I think it's a lot easier than giving yourself super powers :lol:
    It depends really, some people find things easier than others. Like I find it fairly easy to give myself super powers but cannot materialize anything. I have to do it via the passive method :P

ReputationRep:
    It depends really, some people find things easier than others. Like I find it fairly easy to give myself super powers but cannot materialize anything. I have to do it via the passive method :P
    Haha, I'd rather have super powers it's harder for me. I'm gonna try and do it tonight... Telekinesis again hopefully

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Haha, I'd rather have super powers it's harder for me. I'm gonna try and do it tonight... Telekinesis again hopefully
    Good luck! You will do it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Good luck! You will do it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha thanks, I'll keep y'all informed :mmm

ReputationRep:
    Near enough every week I will have a lucid dream (not by choice, for whatever reason I get them naturally) and they give me bad migraines when I wake up, is there a way to stop them?
    Or at least stop them giving me headaches, I don't mind them so much as dreams because designing a world and story is like mind sims

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm hardly the expert :P

From what I know drugs such as cannabis seriously kills off your dream recall. It might give you some crazy dreams but you wouldn't remember them in the morning. It's because of this that nobody really knows its effects in a lucid dream. Since you're more likely to accept things after having taken the drug I think it would lower your chances of noticing something is out of place and therefore also lower your chances of becoming lucid.
    I really don't recommend drugs if you're trying to lucid dream, or alcohol for that matter. Both of those things seem to do a good job of stopping you remembering your dreams.

Hope that helped
    Thanks for you're swift response! Even though I am really interested in LDing I am also a partaker in the puffpuffpass regime and I do enjoy my greens. However I think at least the seed is planted for when I do stop partaking I.e. when college starts and I could probably start LD practice then!
    On another note what would you think about using LDs for revision? Like uknow how the brain remembers literally everything and the main problem people have is extracting that information, with that in mind, do you think LDs can be used as a tool for going over or extracting this useful information? Or is it more complicated than that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ItsJustMeAgain.x)
    Near enough every week I will have a lucid dream (not by choice, for whatever reason I get them naturally) and they give me bad migraines when I wake up, is there a way to stop them?
    Or at least stop them giving me headaches, I don't mind them so much as dreams because designing a world and story is like mind sims

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well from djpatch's response to my question; Lucid dreams would be killed off by cannabis or alcohol.. my suggestion to you would be to try a can-o-bis as its not toxic like alcohol and you can cook it into food such as brownies and stuff. I used to suffer from migraines at least twice a week last year and mine used to hit me randomly during the day. They were so bad that I had to spend on average two days in bed with the curtains closed, puking my guts out and a headache that made me want to smash my head with a mallet. Thankfully I tried some w.e. e .d. and that stopped my migraines ever since (I think due to its anti inflammatory properties which have worked way better than any painkillers). Have only had like one migraine since the past year and that was during exam time when I was stressed and not blazing b.u.d.. I keep my work and play time completely separate and before anyone flames me for doing what I do I just wanna say I'm getting the grades I require and have a perfect balance of social and alone time. So imo pot only goes wrong if u let it take control of your own life.

Although if you're against that stuff then its up to you; im just making a suggestion based on my life experience so far
    • PS Helper
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Study Helper
    Like uknow how the brain remembers literally everything and the main problem people have is extracting that information…
    Is there actually any evidence for this? The brain couldn't store *everything*, surely - I'd have thought there wouldn't be enough space, since we take in about 10GB/sec in visual input (IIRC).

ReputationRep:
    I apologise if this is already posted, but I know you can induce lucid dreaming - but how?

I used to have dreams that I felt were real, and sometimes had nightmares...but haven't for 5-6 years or so. It seems useful to have a lucid dream of a good dream though...it might help certain dreams feel a reality right? How can I induce that sensibly?

ReputationRep:
    I realise that i achieve lucid dreaming when i noticed a pattern in many of my dreams. For example, i had a nightmare this week where i was being chased by a creepy creature and for some reason i tripped and fall from a high structure. I noticed that in many dreams in which i have a similar fall, i usually "float" downwards like a feather. I used that as a marker to realise that i was having a nightmare then i start to focus on altering the nightmare. I managed to "escape" that nightmare and somehow end up in another dream which i could partially control.

I don't really know to explain how to continue lucid dreaming because it feels tricky to stay in a dream when you realise you are dreaming. All i can say is that noticing patterns is really helpful in initiating lucid dreaming and becoming more conscious of what is going on. It's just something that may take practice. I hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    Well from djpatch's response to my question; Lucid dreams would be killed off by cannabis or alcohol.. my suggestion to you would be to try a can-o-bis as its not toxic like alcohol and you can cook it into food such as brownies and stuff. I used to suffer from migraines at least twice a week last year and mine used to hit me randomly during the day. They were so bad that I had to spend on average two days in bed with the curtains closed, puking my guts out and a headache that made me want to smash my head with a mallet. Thankfully I tried some w.e. e .d. and that stopped my migraines ever since (I think due to its anti inflammatory properties which have worked way better than any painkillers). Have only had like one migraine since the past year and that was during exam time when I was stressed and not blazing b.u.d.. I keep my work and play time completely separate and before anyone flames me for doing what I do I just wanna say I'm getting the grades I require and have a perfect balance of social and alone time. So imo pot only goes wrong if u let it take control of your own life.

Although if you're against that stuff then its up to you; im just making a suggestion based on my life experience so far
    Aha I have too many other health issues that would be worsened by that sort of medication What I don't get is why everyone seems to want to have lucid dreams? I've had them since I was little, not by choice as I mentioned, and found it really annoying to have to control my dreams as well as controlling myself when I'm awake. Sure it's great when I'm having a nightmare and can make that shift into lucid dreams to stop it but otherwise it means I wake up feeling exhausted because my brains been thinking all night thinking about who's going to be in dreams, what they will do, where we will be, what will happen, continuous editing all of that etc. I can't see why people would want that during their down time ><

ReputationRep:

Thanks, it's my 2nd lucid dream I've ever had, I was also under the influence of sleeping tablets, if that helped or not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ItsJustMeAgain.x)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah a natural, awesome! I find it odd that it will give you a migraine once you wake up though. I think maybe the migraines could be related to something else since LDs are just dreams, they're not real. To stop you LDing naturally? Well I can't really help you there, I mainly know about how to get into LDing, not how to get out of it lol. a.jiwa has made a good suggestion but I'm sure it would be better if it were mostly legal right? Hope that helps at least

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for you're swift response! Even though I am really interested in LDing I am also a partaker in the puffpuffpass regime and I do enjoy my greens. However I think at least the seed is planted for when I do stop partaking I.e. when college starts and I could probably start LD practice then!
    On another note what would you think about using LDs for revision? Like uknow how the brain remembers literally everything and the main problem people have is extracting that information, with that in mind, do you think LDs can be used as a tool for going over or extracting this useful information? Or is it more complicated than that?
    LD's can be used for revision if you have them regularly and can remember them very well.

(Original post by Smaug123)
    Is there actually any evidence for this? The brain couldn't store *everything*, surely - I'd have thought there wouldn't be enough space, since we take in about 10GB/sec in visual input (IIRC).
    You would be surprised, the brains storage is estimated to be bigger than the capacity of any hard drive that can be made today. Already your brain will be filled with a few trillion billion GB of stuff with everything since you were born.

Going back to a.jiwa's point there are many ways this vast amount of information can be accessed. One of them is meditation which can be quite effective if you know how Or in the dreamworld you have something called a Dream Guide. This entity knows more about you than you do yourself. Some say these Dream Guides are not in your brain and from another world entirely, others say they are just the face of your subconscious. Either way, they know a lot of information. They can also access what you can't remember or what you thought you had forgotten. Another way is to write the dream according to your revision, for example you could have a maths exam coming up, so in your dream you could walk through a door into a maths class. This method isn't really recommended purely because a lot of the things dream characters say are unreliable and wrong. Furthermore for subjects such as maths the brains logic centre needs to be fully active and unfortunately that doesn't really work in dreams

Sorry for the long post, I really need to stop doing these bulk postings haha

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.