Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SimpleTom)
    I would rather get a 2:1 from reading than a 2:2 from oxford, employers now set the bar at 2:1.

I think they do and they look at all your individual results - if you had maintained a high 2:2 and looked as if you could push it up to a 2:1 they might be more lenient.
    Are you going to Reading or are you just using it as an example?
    Okay so do you mean that with employers it's now really only down to the mark you get and not the institute you get it from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bellevie)
    Are you going to Reading or are you just using it as an example?
    Okay so do you mean that with employers it's now really only down to the mark you get and not the institute you get it from?
    I am going to York.

I am saying that no matter where you go, if you get less than a 2:1 for Law it is worthless and hence I would rather get a 2:1 from a worse institute than a 2:2 at a better one.

However, the best Law firms usually only take Russell Group unis, so I would want to stick within that group.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SimpleTom)
    I am going to York.

I am saying that no matter where you go, if you get less than a 2:1 for Law it is worthless and hence I would rather get a 2:1 from a worse institute than a 2:2 at a better one.

However, the best Law firms usually only take Russell Group unis, so I would want to stick within that group.
    Oh I see. In all honesty I'm not actually too sure about how strict employers are for law and how the whole employment system works so I have to just agree

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.