Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I don't think tattoos are entirely bad. The society who don't like them just overreact to a person with lots of tattoos, hence the "a person with lots of tattoos is a bad person" figure.
    In my opinion, tattoos may be "dirty" for some, but art for others. I know quite a bit about tattoos now thanks to my boyfriend. He designs tattoos as a side job and I must say, the designs he sells are all impressive.

Yeah they're permanent and very eye-catching, but we can't dictate how a person should act towards one. I personally enjoy tattoos that are professionally designed and coloured.
    However it does irk to see cheap tattoos that are only made with dark turquoise ink, and tattoos in a foreign language that mean gibberish; for instance, you can have 炒面 or 你好 on your back and arm and they will mean "fried noodles" and "how are you" respectively. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashleighgiles)
    I don't think tattoos are entirely bad. The society who don't like them just overreact to a person with lots of tattoos, hence the "a person with lots of tattoos is a bad person" figure.
    In my opinion, tattoos may be "dirty" for some, but art for others. I know quite a bit about tattoos now thanks to my boyfriend. He designs tattoos as a side job and I must say, the designs he sells are all impressive.

Yeah they're permanent and very eye-catching, but we can't dictate how a person should act towards one. I personally enjoy tattoos that are professionally designed and coloured.
    However it does irk to see cheap tattoos that are only made with dark turquoise ink, and tattoos in a foreign language that mean gibberish; for instance, you can have 炒面 or 你好 on your back and arm and they will mean "fried noodles" and "how are you" respectively. :sigh:
    Whats his style like? I am looking for someone to design something for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trigger)
    Whats his style like? I am looking for someone to design something for me
    Mostly abstract stuff that are unisex in preference. He likes to play with strokes (thickness, gradient, etc.) ... Uh, I don't have samples because they're at his flat.
    Unfortunately he's being hospitalised so he's very inactive with his work.
    Sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashleighgiles)
    Mostly abstract stuff that are unisex in preference. He likes to play with strokes (thickness, gradient, etc.) ... Uh, I don't have samples because they're at his flat.
    Unfortunately he's being hospitalised so he's very inactive with his work.
    Sorry
    Ah never mind, hope he gets better soon.

ReputationRep:
    Ah never mind, hope he gets better soon.
    No problem, and thanks

ReputationRep:
    but people who have tattoos know that many people who hate them exist. They chose to get them anyway despite this knowledge so they clearly don't care, or at least not that much. So of course you have the right to express your dislike of them I just don't understand the point since everyone already knows lots of people dislike them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boba)
    but people who have tattoos know that many people who hate them exist. They chose to get them anyway despite this knowledge so they clearly don't care, or at least not that much. So of course you have the right to express your dislike of them I just don't understand the point since everyone already knows lots of people dislike them.
    Yadda yadda... The real question is... Why did you even bother posting that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    :lol: bless you.
    Plz... If you really think you post something relevant to the topic go ahead.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have tattoos and everyone is entitled to their own opinion, they're not everyone's cup of tea. But most people who dislike them will just say so and leave it at that, and neither of us will continue discussing it. Whereas I've found that those who continuously go on about it seem to have little control over what they do in their own life and so try telling me what to do with mine (my tattoos aren't really anything personal, I see them as art and I like how they look. Everyone's different)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedArrow)
    Plz... If you really think you post something relevant to the topic go ahead.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've posted what i have to say, you are posting this for attention, not much point taking your silly attention seeking seriously is there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimbo1234)
    Are tattoos permanent? Yes. Are they natural? No. So they are a huge unnatural marking on the skin. How is that not body mutilation? Is it always coincidence that many people get tattoos during or straight after traumatic times?
    You probably need to think a bit more about this before blurting out such strong answers.

" many people ". Not most and not all and therefore cannot be directly linked.
    As misguided as it is you are entitled to your opinion and as such I leave you to it. Think id best keep my " strong answers" for people who can articulate strong replies.
    I'm off to look at my tattoos and admire my body mutilations, in fact your opinion has me so very traumatised that I may need to go and get another. Enjoy :-P

ReputationRep:
    Are tattoos permanent? Yes. Are they natural? No. So they are a huge unnatural marking on the skin. How is that not body mutilation? Is it always coincidence that many people get tattoos during or straight after traumatic times?
    You probably need to think a bit more about this before blurting out such strong answers.
    Can I ask why you think that many people get tattoos during or straight after traumatic times? Yes, some people do get tattoos after losing someone close to them but that's not the case for loads of people. Also, if tattoos are 'unnatural' and 'body mutilation' in your opinion , do you think the same about piercings? Personally I completely disagree but i guess you're entitled to your own opinion.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Tell that to the Māori people

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've posted what i have to say, you are posting this for attention, not much point taking your silly attention seeking seriously is there?
    Eh... I'm not the one posting "don't feed it"

...Or was that a totally sensible possible?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RedArrow)
    Eh... I'm not the one posting "don't feed it"

...Or was that a totally sensible possible?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are you still banging on? Crikey.

ReputationRep:
    I have 2 tattoos, and none of them i got after a traumatic time... so not everyone has tattoos for that reason.

ReputationRep:
    Are you still banging on? Crikey.
    Banging.... ? What made you think I wasn't "banging" all this time?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Popppppy)
    Yeah I don't know why people always seem to want to justify their tattoos like "I got the dolphin for my Gran cos one time she mentioned she liked dolphins..."

It's perfectly acceptable to get a dolphin tattoo just cos you thought it would look nice, doesn't have to be dedicated to someone, or signify a time in your life!

I got my tattoo because Harry Potter is amazing, end of.
    If I get another tattoo it's gonna be a dot work mandala, just because they look awesome.
    Another person with a Harry Potter tattoo? Eeee What is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bella_trixxx)
    Another person with a Harry Potter tattoo? Eeee What is it?
    It's a lightning bolt. A red and brown one like Harry's on the covers of the books.

Yours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Popppppy)
    It's a lightning bolt. A red and brown one like Harry's on the covers of the books.

Yours?
    Awesomes Mine's a dark mark...

Name:  336_47328122424_9897_n.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  51.5 KB

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.