Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

OCR B (Salters) Chemistry F331 (Chemistry for Life) Thursday 23rd May Exam Discussion Watch

ReputationRep:
    Thought it was a nice paper!
    Blabbered a bit for the biofuel/carbon neutral question because I had no idea, but the rest of it was good I think

What about everyone else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jehearo)
    How did everyone find it?

At the last minute saw my error on the last question - thank god I saw it xD

Jehearo

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Okay paper
    what did everyone say for the E:mcdeltaT assumptions question?
    I said water specific heat capacity =4.18Jg^-1K^-1
    Mass of water=mater of hydroxide or whatever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jehearo)
    How did everyone find it?

At the last minute saw my error on the last question - thank god I saw it xD

Jehearo

Posted from TSR Mobile
    what error, i got the ion question wrong- on the back page

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone say for the biofuels question?
    I said that food crop plants can be replanted and how CO2 taken in by photosynthesis by food crop plants is the same CO2 released during biofuel combustion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krisshP)
    Okay paper
    i said that the density of water used is 1g per cm^3 and just bluffed and said that there were no heat losses to the surroundings- so the temperature rise was correct if under standard conditions. i know the second one is wrong

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone say for the biofuels question?
    I said that food crop plants can be replanted and how CO2 taken in by photosynthesis by food crop plants is the same CO2 released during biofuel combustion.
    oh man i tried to say that and said the sourcs of biofuels e.g corn use CO2 during photosynthesis so they take co2 out of the atmosphere and this is returned upon use of the fuel... do you i'll get the mark ??

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone say for the question on assumptions for the radiocarbon dating?
    I said that original father isotope is the same age as the organism
    No loss/gain of finishing daughter isotope

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure how it went to be honest, I think the paper was fair, but unfortunately I picked the worst possible day to get sick , which I know hurt my focus so I'm not really sure but I got a high B on F333 and I plan on doing well on F332 so that should pull it up, and its not ideal but if its really bad I'll re-sit next year at A2 when it'll seem easy, how was it for everyone else?

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone say for why polystyrene cup was used instead of a glass beaker?
    I said it's got a lower specific heat capacity, so there is less heat loss. Is this a mark you think?

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone say for the question on assumptions for the radiocarbon dating?
    i put no gain of parent isotope, and no loss/gain of daughter isotope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madrevision)
    i put no gain of parent isotope, and no loss/gain of daughter isotope
    Seems right

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone say for why polystyrene cup was used instead of a glass beaker?
    I said it's got a lower specific heat capacity, so there is less heat loss. Is this a mark you think?
    i put polystyrene provides insulation to prevent heat losses to the surroundings and glass is not an insulating material, i don't know what you mean by specific heat capacity of the polystyrene cup :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else not see the questions on the back f****** page?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoastHam)
    So you didn't do them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I put that there was no daughter isotope to begin with, and that half life is constant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoastHam)
    :eek: omg i'm so sorry you missed them, i don't mean to be one of those annoying people who try to make you feel better, but if you did well the rest of the paper then it shouldn't have much of an effect on the actual grade

ReputationRep:
    Okay paper
    I said mass of water and temperature rise.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedaK)
    So you didn't do them?Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nope, only saw them as the woman was collecting papers, how many marks was it?

ReputationRep:
    What did you guys get for the last question? I said that the water was ionized with a 2+ charge and so two more hydrogen atoms bonded with the Oxygen atom..?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RevisionEssence)
    What did you guys get for the last question? I said that the water was ionized with a 2+ charge and so two more hydrogen atoms bonded with the Oxygen atom..?
    Yeah I wrote that too. I changed my answer at least 4 times though. I put (h2o)2+

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.