Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel 1MA0 GCSE Linear Higher and Foundation March 2013 Grade Boundaries watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by EXAMZ!!!)
    Hello Mr m I really need your advice desperately, I got a C in my maths exam which I resisted in march I previously got a C as well but this time improved around 40 marks, I need to get at least a B grade to go uni and I am really worried do you think it is worth resitting as I have 11 exams in the summer? Also I was going through the exam paper and the marks which I got from results plus account, and I think I have spotted a mistake and think I should remark it (I got 94 marks overall). In question 4a on the non-Cal I received 0 marks for completing the table of values, however in question 4b I received 1 mark out of 2 for plotting the graph I am sure that I should have got full marks, how can I get 1 mark in 4b if I get 0 in 4a? I also spotted another 3 marks which I should have got. sorry for the long question, will be much appreciated if answered thank u!!!!!
    You can get marks in part 4b) for plotting your wrong values for 4a)

That doesn't sound wrong to me.

There is almost no chance that you will improve 5 marks on a remark.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Mr M i need some advice, I got 166/200 and missed A* by 2 marks should I request a remark?

ReputationRep:
    OMG I got an A* (176)!!!!!!! I just want to say to Mr M, thanks sooooooooooo much for posting the grade boundaries and answers they helped me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by potterhead1d)
    i got an A* 176 out of 200! i'm so pleased with my grade
    Loool I got the same

ReputationRep:
    Mr M...what do you think?

Guys I'm in a dilemma. I got an A and I'm in year 10. I've been given the option to take it in June or November, however if I take it in June, I can still retake in November. I've got a lot of exams coming up and don't want to jeopardise my chances in those exams, however if I take it in June I'll be put into the top set maths class. I definitely want to pursue maths as a career. But I wanna know what you guys think-should I take it in June or just wait till November. Thanks a lot!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got 185/200 sooo happy!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by paarkerpenn)
    Need advice!

So I got my maths results back today and I got a B at 130, Six marks off an A. Though my offical target and predicted grade was a B, I'm shatttered.

My teacher says I should re-take in June, I'm tempted but not 100%.
    Is this wise? I don't want to jepodise any other areas of study.
    Math's isn't really my field and is irrelevent to my A-Level and future carrear prospects (all centered around humanities), but if i'm capable of an A should I go for it?

Also, is it worth me getting my papers remarked? I know six marks is a long streach, however if you think of three extra marks per-paper that's logical is it not?
    It isn't worth getting your papers remarked. You won't improve by 6 marks.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Leo1998)
    Hi Mr M i need some advice, I got 166/200 and missed A* by 2 marks should I request a remark?
    A remark costs about £25 and your grade is unlikely to improve. Maths is the most accurately marked of all GCSE subjects.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leo1998)
    I got 5 off an A* :L I was told that if you get a remark and get worse, they keep the worse one. I don't think its worth the risk. Are you retaking in June?

ReputationRep:
    muhammedk

Guys I'm in a dilemma. I got an A and I'm in year 10. I've been given the option to take it in June or November, however if I take it in June, I can still retake in November. I've got a lot of exams coming up and don't want to jeopardise my chances in those exams, however if I take it in June I'll be put into the top set maths class. I definitely want to pursue maths as a career. But I wanna know what you guys think-should I take it in June or just wait till November. Thanks a lot!!!

hi muhammedk how are you tell me how you had a A is there any advanced maths books you read before exam please tell me
    your firend yusra2013

ReputationRep:
    3 of my good friends got 166, 167 and 167.

They all resat to get an a*, they were absolutely gutted.

Lots of people said they found the exam hard, obviously not if an a* is 168!!

ReputationRep:
    hi muhammedk Iwant to know you to learn about your answsers in maths exam how you ansawers

yusra2013

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paarkerpenn)
    Need advice!

So I got my maths results back today and I got a B at 130, Six marks off an A. Though my offical target and predicted grade was a B, I'm shatttered.

My teacher says I should re-take in June, I'm tempted but not 100%.
    Is this wise? I don't want to jepodise any other areas of study.
    Math's isn't really my field and is irrelevent to my A-Level and future carrear prospects (all centered around humanities), but if i'm capable of an A should I go for it?

Also, is it worth me getting my papers remarked? I know six marks is a long streach, however if you think of three extra marks per-paper that's logical is it not?
    welldone
    i know the feeling i got 133 3 marks away!
    Personally i would resit as maths is one of the core subjects they look at maths even if your going to uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muhammedk)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    hi muhammedk think Iwant to learn how Icould get a A

ReputationRep:
    Got 167, 1 off A*. Smh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yusra2013)
    hi muhammedk think Iwant to learn how Icould get a A
    I used maths watch and past papers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    please muhammedk send to me answers of your maths exams on my email:

[removed - please use PMs or this thread instead]

thanks alot

yusra2013

ReputationRep:
    I've got an A, I am so happy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rabiia)
    I've got an A, I am so happy!
    I got an A also, I wasn't very convinced when I saw how high the boundary was, I was led to believe that the boundaries for an A would be much lower, somewhere between 124 -128, also many people in my school found the paper hard and apparently other people found it hard too, I predicted I'd get about 147 marks , I got exactly that, so actually I got the A by a fair amount, anyways how many marks did you get ?

People from my school missed out on grade boundaries by a mark or two.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muhammedk)
    I got an A...woo hooo. What about you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooh yay that's good! !!
    i got an A* finally, I am sooo happy I couldn't believe it, it was my resit..
    wbu? Are u gonna try and get an a*?
    well done btw..

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.