Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JPKC)
    Rakas, Qwertish, and TNP have each expressed a desire for tighter controls, and I'm guessing that they're not alone. At the very least it's an even split.
    Yeah, but the sneaky sneaky libertarians have maneuvered into all the departments which have a say on drugs policy :mwuaha:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by obi_adorno_kenobi)
    For science and maths there should be two streams: maths those who wish to undertake futher study in the sciences, and arithmetic for those who do not. Arithmetic gives you the essentials the 'things wot I will use'; maths then provides those such as yourself the training in the higher level elements.
    I think this is a very good idea and there is not enough emphasis on basic arithmetic skills which are essential in all walks of life (as you put it, probably better than I could ). Plus, it probably would have made some of the people I studied maths with more enthused (to some extent, perhaps) to as they'd have actually felt there was some kind of a point to it.

ReputationRep:
    I support this idea, but I wouldn't want people forced into either stream.

To clarify: I am pro-January exams and pro-modular. What more would you expect from a student?

ReputationRep:
    Computer skills in general, though, need dramatically improving. What would the SoS make of prescribing computer skills lessons in primary school in the same quuantity as hand writing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thunder and Jazz)
    Computer skills in general, though, need dramatically improving. What would the SoS make of prescribing computer skills lessons in primary school in the same quuantity as hand writing?
    That would be folly, they do plenty of computer work already.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Since Krollo still has education, you may use this thread to question him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Since Krollo still has education, you may use this thread to question him.
    Could we not keep all government related questions in the Ask the Coalition thread? Otherwise you'll have threads on over ten departments.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Cheese_Monster)
    Could we not keep all government related questions in the Ask the Coalition thread? Otherwise you'll have threads on over ten departments.
    Sure.

In that case it's probably best for this thread to be closed.

(Original post by Jarred)
    QFA
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    Done

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.