Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

**[BOSTON BOMBINGS SUSPECTS]** - MIT Shooting|Shootouts And Explosions|Officer Dead Watch

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AgentSushi)
    Where did you hear that? I've been listening to the police radio and haven't heard that.
    WCRN from Boston.

ReputationRep:
    Where did you hear that? I've been listening to the police radio and haven't heard that.
    Where have you been? :lolwut:

They've got a house surrounded - lots of LEOs have converged to that area. That's where the main activity is now - it's on live news too.

That Fox and WCVB links posted above are on it too.

In other words, they believe the suspect to be holed up there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanSupremacist)
    Where have you been? :lolwut:

They've got a house surrounded - lots of LEOs have converged to that area. That's where the main activity is now - it's on live news too.

That Fox and WCVB links posted above are on it too.

In other words, they believe the suspect to be holed up there.
    I've been watching BBC on and off, they seem to be quite behind.

ReputationRep:
    My friend is stranded at work because the stupid police have shut down the buses and metro.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by floridadad55)
    Perhaps the Boston Marathon bombing will serve to help some people reevaluate their political thinking.

For example, does not such a heinous act deserve the death penalty?

And what if it is determined that the brothers were planning more bombings, and have actually planted more bombs. Would it not be wise to torture the surviving brother to find out where these bombings will be taking place?
    one of them already got the death penalty. I hope they get the other one alive though. getting bummed in an american prison for decades then dying is worse.

ReputationRep:
    I've been watching BBC on and off, they seem to be quite behind.
    Yep, the regular mass media was way, way behind. Local media was on this from the very beginning, right all the way back to the MIT shooting and then the bizarre situation in Watertown. At one point, local media were surprised that they were the only media on-site - but now everyone's there now.

(Original post by GodAtum)
    My friend is stranded at work because the stupid police have shut down the buses and metro.
    Yep, and now, they've put the "Shelter-in-state" for all of Boston and several nearby towns, especially of course Watertown.

I wouldn't call the police stupid and I wouldn't get angry at them. Better safe than sorry - the suspect at large is said to have explosives, especially a suicide vest. And earlier, it seemed that there were more than 2 suspects when local media was reporting earlier - the situation is still very confusing. In the early hours of the morning, it only became even more confusing when DHS and the FBI landed on-site :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    My friend is is concerned about his family so obv wants to go home and protect them but he cant

ReputationRep:
    You selfish *******, you should have been sitting on the bomb when it went off.

ReputationRep:
    *Boston very quiet*

ReputationRep:
    Connecticut state police asked to be on the lookout for vehicle possibly connected to Boston Marathon bombing suspect -

ReputationRep:
    wow this guy is only 19 years old

ReputationRep:
    Photo of an empty Kenmore Square in Boston as city is on lockdown - Andrew Golden via

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack93o)
    wow this guy is only 19 years old
    I know right! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nimrodstower)
    You selfish *******, you should have been sitting on the bomb when it went off.
    On the day of the London tube bombings i was working in the London and had to carry on with my working day as normal.

ReputationRep:
    On the day of the London tube bombings i was working in the London and had to carry on with my working day as normal.
    So why call the police in Boston Stupid, When they are doing a hero job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    It's like the apocalypse, man.
    Lol, do you know what an apocalypse is?

ReputationRep:
    The Islamist running like a coward.

He'll be caught and hopefully the fiends that helped them too.

There's usually some sort of controller either abroad or also within the territory to be targeted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanSupremacist)
    He's my age :eek:
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    Police have a 60-70 year old white male on the ground in handcuffs wearing a vest and carrying a device.

(Listening to scanner)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 23, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.