Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyrion_Lannister)
    Yeah it is, I have to pay a bit more for mine but they're so much more comfortable! Something you can do is you can try them on in person and then order them from brastop.co.uk for cheaper! Sometimes Bravissimo and figleaves have some awesome stuff in the sale too
    Thanks for the tips! I will have a look

ReputationRep:
    Hi sorry to butt in but I saw M&S and raged. They are the worse bra fitters ever! I'm copying my other post so you can see how to measure. Seriously they're known for doing the add 4 where they add four inches to get your underband. So if they put you in a 36/38, you're probably a 32/34 with a much bigger cup!

Yeah you're probably in the wrong size, most people are because stores use ****ty fitting methods where they add inches to your underbust.

http://www.wikihow.com/Measure-Your-Bra-Size
    This is one of the most accurate ways to measure. How you do it is basically measure your underbust, that's your bandsize. If you measure 30", you're a 30. If you measure 29", you could be a 28 or a 30 depending on what you find comfortable (depends how large your boobs are, small chested ladies usually prefer to size up whereas big boobed prefer to size down due to needing support)

Then for cupsize, you measure around the fullest part of the bust, leaning over paralell to the floor. The reason for this is the breasts hang naturally without gravity or clothing intefering. Say you get 35". That's 5" bigger than your underbust. Each inch is one cup

1" is A, 2" B and so on. So our person above would be a 30DD.

http://bfcidade.files.wordpress.com/...ze-biusty2.jpg
    http://bfcidade.files.wordpress.com/...iusty_male.jpg

These are pictures of properly fitted D and DD cups, the first pic, and G and GG cups. Basically people have this misconception that D cups are massive and anything bigger must look like you've stuffed a couple of spacehoppers down your shirt, but actually that's not true.

Hope this helps! I'm a bit of a bra fitting nerd after getting fitted properly and thinking Damn my boobs look great AND I'm comfy!

Oh I know about all that, thanks My mum has been expensively fitted, and she was the one helping me, not an M&S person I had been overthinking the down-a-band, up-a-cup thing, the 34 bands were a bit too small - but I hope to go back into them at some point. My actual underbust measurement is just under 36 inches (today) but the 38C fitted better than the 36D because the same cup volume was spread over more width, so it was less out front.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RibenaRockstar)
    Oh I know about all that, thanks My mum has been expensively fitted, and she was the one helping me, not an M&S person I had been overthinking the down-a-band, up-a-cup thing, the 34 bands were a bit too small - but I hope to go back into them at some point. My actual underbust measurement is just under 36 inches (today) but the 38C fitted better than the 36D because the same cup volume was spread over more width, so it was less out front.
    Oh that's good then! I'm trying to save people from the horrible band riding quadboob I got put in by them :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Oh that's good then! I'm trying to save people from the horrible band riding quadboob I got put in by them :rofl:
    Oh, I do exactly the same, going around the threads telling people to get bra fitted Some of the people who wear a size 10 shirt but think they're a 36B... headdesk.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 19, 5'6, 10 stone and a size 12

ReputationRep:
    5ft 7.5
    9 stone
    34C
    8 in tops and 10 in bottoms

ReputationRep:
    I used to be 4 1/2 stone at 8, shot up to 8 stone at 9 years old with puberty, by the time I was 10 I was 8.5 stone having periods, neared 9 stone up to 13-14 then became anorexic because I was in a private school full of skinny skinny white girls, now up from 6 stone something to 7 st 10

Now 20 years old, 5ft (same height since 11) 33-22-35. 28 C seems to fit me best but hard to find. Big thighs make my boob looks smaller which I hate...

Skinny on top with big, muscular thighs. Like my thighs are bigger in circumference than my waist. O_o

I'm always going to have anorexic tendencies but trying to maintain a happy medium. I know that no matter how much I starve my bottom half is never going to be as bony as the rest can get anyway. Guys seem to like my thighs/ass even if I don't so that makes me feel a lot better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RibenaRockstar)
    Oh, I do exactly the same, going around the threads telling people to get bra fitted Some of the people who wear a size 10 shirt but think they're a 36B... headdesk.
    Yeah exactly! It's like no you're a 30DD! It makes a massive difference! So much more comfy in a well fitting bra, it's an amazing difference! If only stores stopped their bad fittings!

ReputationRep:
    height: 5ft 3
    weight:45/46kg
    clothes size: 8 usually sometimes varies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xtinalouise)
    I'm a HH too! Nice to know I'm not the only one out there with massssssssssive boobs!

:O that is crazy! poor girl!

5"10
    19 years old
    Size 14
    13 stone

Fat.

...also a 36C

ReputationRep:
    Height: 5'6
    Weight: around 10 stone
    Size: 8 on top 10-12 on bottom. I hate that I'm not in proportion
    Bra size: I was a 32C when I got measured but then lost a bit of weight which (surprise surprise) came off my boobs so I think I'm a bit smaller now

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5'10" and weigh 10 st 10 lbs (or 69kgs). I actually can't believe how many skinny people there are on here.. people who are a similar height to me who are more than 2 stones lighter! I look quite skinny at the moment (but crap composition which I'm working on) and I daren't think what I'd look like if I was that light. In fact I know for a fact I would be very underweight.

But I am happy the way I am, so there we go.

ReputationRep:
    18 years
    height: 5'3"
    7.7 stone
    size 6/8 (depends on the store)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Size 8-10 in tops (I would be an 8 but I sometimes take a 10 because I'm long waisted ) Size 10-12 on bottom (and pear shape too.... The worst combination in the world)
    In dresses I am a size 8
    Height: 5'8"
    Weight: I don't actually own a set of scales so I don't know..... Probably a bit worrying. I'm not overweight though

ReputationRep:
    I'm 7 and a half stone and been stuck at it for ages! (I'm 17)
    My dress size is 10/12 do you think this is big considering my low weight?
    I'm 5'8

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5'3" and I weigh about 8 stone. This has ranged between 7 and 9 in the past, but I'm pretty happy with this medium.
    30C bra size if available but I have two 32B ones which work fairly well too.
    Usually a size 6-8 in tops and 8-10 in bottoms.

ReputationRep:
    5'9"
    11 stone
    size 8-10 on top, 10-12 on bottom
    34A
    20 years

It's weird because I weigh so much more than most of my friends but am far slimmer and very lean due to weight lifting so don't look it at all.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 17, 5ft3 and weigh about 6st9

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2018
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.