Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are you proud of where you come from? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by `Jts)
    Not proud of the area of the city that I'm from but I'm proud of Cardiff!
    What area?:lol:

Also, when are St.David's Taster Sessions normally?

I'm proud of Cardiff too!

But not of my ethnicity (like where my grand parents are from!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    What area?:lol:

Also, when are St.David's Taster Sessions normally?

I'm proud of Cardiff too!

But not of my ethnicity (like where my grand parents are from!)
    Grange, lol. :rolleyes:

Around mid July, you should get a letter about it soon if you haven't already.

ReputationRep:
    Well I come from Surrey, so I guess I am proud

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by `Jts)
    Grange, lol. :rolleyes:

Around mid July, you should get a letter about it soon if you haven't already.
    Oh :lol: can't say anything remotely positive :mmm: I'm all the way in Pontprennau hate it...

Aah that's nice then, can you PM me? And tell me what the day consists of? I'll be fasting as well damn it :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I was......but then Towie happened.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wild Nothing)
    Oh dear, they're clearly bitter :unimpressed: Where abouts in Manchester are you from?
    Collyhurst, its near Cheetham Hill if you haven't heard of it (I lived in various parts of Manc and lots of people hadn't) - how about you?

ReputationRep:
    My town is dead, but I quite like it. Prefer the town next to it though. I think I'll miss it when I leave, but there isn't much to miss.

ReputationRep:
    I live in a nice area and I like it here so I certainly wouldn't be ashamed of it, but I don't see why I would be proud of it either.

ReputationRep:
    I love Liverpool, it's a great innovative city and the people as a collective are lovely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Platinum Mech)
    Have you completely moved away from Middlesbrough, or do you just live away from it for Uni? I get the impression that you've completely moved away, as the Channel 4 thing has been pretty widely publicised in Middlesbrough... unsurprisingly.
    Yeah left 12 years ago, got out soon as I could! Not in uni yet hopefully in the next couple of years when I can afford it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am from the Seychelles, I like the place but I wouldn't say I'm proud. I find pride in things that aren't really definitive of yourself causes a lot of problem. I'm very fond of it, but blind nationalism and pride is silly.

ReputationRep:
    As an Army brat, I'm trying to figure out where I come from

(Saying that though it does make me think of mum jokes , don't know if that's been done yet or not )

ReputationRep:
    I feel indifferent about where I come from. Why be proud of something you didn't earn? You just happen to be born in a particular place in a particular time period, does it really make sense to be proud of that? You are proud of achievements, is being born in a particular place count as an achievement?

ReputationRep:
    Definitely

ReputationRep:
    Not particularly!

ReputationRep:
    xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    Proud to be from Coventry. A lot of history in motor industry and from the war.
    Another Cov person

yeah, Coventry has some great history and some great people. There are definitely pretty rough places too though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamJ12)
    Hated hated hated Middlesbrough, still hate it when i go back for a few days to see family. Absolutely adore South Wales beautiful place and fantastic people!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I hate it too. The estate I live in isn't too bad, but the town is awful. I can't wait to leave, and I hope to God that I don't live there when I'm older.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Platinum Mech)
    It is. (I don't live there, but have a lot of experience of it.)

Another Smoggie! Hello there. :hello: (I'm from Middlesbrough as well, in case you didn't see my earlier post.)
    Another Smoggie! Do you still live there, or have you moved somewhere not as ****?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark85)
    Collyhurst, its near Cheetham Hill if you haven't heard of it (I lived in various parts of Manc and lots of people hadn't) - how about you?
    Yeah now is the first time I've heard of Collyhurst I live in Sale but I've lived in several parts of Manchester, Sale is kind of bordering Cheshire

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.