Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Also I've been revising weeks using a little maroon AQA vocab book. What also really helped was I went to the library and got out Harry Potter in Spanish - reading that has really helped with the reading. If anyone wants to try it, DON'T GIVE UP - the first few pages are a nightmare to get through but then you get into the flow of the language and everything starts to make much more sense than it did before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joneso007)
    North was P+N, because was something and tasty food but the rain might spoil it. Centre was P I thought because said about capital and lovely countryside. Costa Brava was N - ruined by tourists, more English than Spanish. Last one was P or P+N but I can't remember it.
    Yeah, I put those too. I think I put P for the last one but can't remember.

ReputationRep:
    I thought both papers were relatively easy. I made some stupid mistakes on both, such as putting parrots on the island and HIV instead of AIDS, however I think I've secured around 30 marks on each paper which should be enough for an A*.

ReputationRep:
    HIV you might get away with. Parrots perhaps not. I'm hoping for a high mark in both... fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evefrm)
    Yeah, I put those too. I think I put P for the last one but can't remember.
    same

ReputationRep:
    Also, just remembered - the best thing worst thing about the holiday in the reading was that she could go with her boyfriend - the worst delay was because of the traffic on the motorway.

ReputationRep:
    Also, just remembered - the best thing worst thing about the holiday in the reading was that she could go with her boyfriend - the worst delay was because of the traffic on the motorway.
    YES. Got this one too. Can anybody remember what they put for the question on mobiles on the listening? The first option was 'I get one free with work' but I can't remember the question.

ReputationRep:
    They could do all sorts on phones; Spelling was getting worse; People were becoming antisocial. Also the ones that thought they weren't necessary were C, D and E I think - again I can't quite remember.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry if you lost some marks.

I did the exam last year and lost at least 3 marks on the reading paper but still got 60/60 UMS.

ReputationRep:
    Yes to birds on island, also rubbish in river - married twice in 90 years.
    i wrote she got married for a second time at ninety :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HugeBicepLAD)
    Advantages:
    Doctors: more pay
    Flight attendant: free flights
    Policeman: flexible hours
    Musician: free mornings

Posted from TSR Mobile
    do you think they'll accept well paid?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxwynne)
    yeah she got married for the second time at ninety, I don't think you'd get in the news for being married twice in ninety years
    okay was that worth one or 2 marks?

ReputationRep:
    IDK about old woman, I can't remember exactly what was said. I think it said that the pay was good for the doctor, yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibbi1824)
    do you think they'll accept well paid?
    Yeah I think that was the answer because if i remember it said 'buen pagado'

ReputationRep:
    What did people say for the one about fires? Like the guy wanted to prevent fires in the ........ ???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moolia29)
    What did people say for the one about fires? Like the guy wanted to prevent fires in the ........ ???
    forest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dathtom)
    forest.
    I knew it was forest but didn't know the fire bit! :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes, fires in the forest. 'Incendios en los bosques' or something similar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dathtom)
    forest.
    they'll accept woods right?x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by radhikagulati)
    they'll accept woods right?x
    I would imagine so. since they're basically the same thing.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.