Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I really hope that Industry will be optional this year. Last time it was optional in 2010 so there is a good chance of this happening again!
    I'm going to take the risk and not study for it. Maybe I'll just quickly skim through the notes.

But seriously; is there anything worse than human geography?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RKS330)
    What do people usually do for a Limestone Landscape question (Rural Land Resources), like how many features and which ones?
    It usually says surface and underground features. I will usually just do limestone pavement for my surface feature, but sometimes if I have time I might shove in a sentence or two on pot holes or shake holes to try and get 1 or 2 marks! For underground I normally do cave/cavern and stalagmites/stalactites. Although I highly doubt they will put limestone in rural land resources two years in a row, although I think there is a high probability it will be paper 1 lithosphere question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nessie162)
    I really hope that Industry will be optional this year. Last time it was optional in 2010 so there is a good chance of this happening again!
    I'm going to take the risk and not study for it. Maybe I'll just quickly skim through the notes.

But seriously; is there anything worse than human geography?
    Yeah I think Industry will be optional this year! I might do a wee prediction later tonight or something, see how many I get right (probably none :L)

Yes, atmosphere. I can only do climate change and the ITCZ question and they were the last 2 years Crying

ReputationRep:
    I've scanned in my notes on South Wales and also my Soil profiles - I know people have already posted their own ones but I thought I might as well upload mine too!
    Notes are here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/album.php?albumid=8852

ReputationRep:
    The stuff in bold is examples that u NEED to have. I cannot stress that one enough. Examples are the key to getting full marks.
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: doc South Wales Industry.doc (32.5 KB, 115 views)

ReputationRep:
    I've not even started studying geography too busy worrying about physics right now ;(

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Think the best topic for paper two is development and health but I find river basin management quite hard to understand

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I only found out in the prelim that there was other topics in paper 2, throughout the year my teacher has just been saying it's RBM and Dev and Health, and I thought they were compulsory and everyone did them

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovecupcakes)
    Think the best topic for paper two is development and health but I find river basin management quite hard to understand

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Whats your case study for RBM?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mjj22)
    The stuff in bold is examples that u NEED to have. I cannot stress that one enough. Examples are the key to getting full marks.
    Your notes are pretty good! I'll need to remember about the Cardiff University - I never had an example to back up the skilled work force point

ReputationRep:
    I personally LOVE RBM.
    There are like only 4 questions they can ask.
    - Need for water managment wherever
    - Selecting a dam site
    - Benefits & Consequences of named water project.
    - Describing a graph

You learn Benefits & Consequences and Dam sites all by heart and you already have almost 40 marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katys1996)
    Whats your case study for RBM?
    North America Colorado

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nessie162)
    I personally LOVE RBM.
    There are like only 4 questions they can ask.
    - Need for water managment wherever
    - Selecting a dam site
    - Benefits & Consequences of named water project.
    - Describing a graph

You learn Benefits & Consequences and Dam sites all by heart and you already have almost 40 marks
    Suppose you just need to memorise a 24 mark question! There's also the question distribution of rivers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    North America Colorado

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same here! Do you want notes for anything like the benefits and problems, or the siting of a dam?

ReputationRep:
    I do Rural Land Resources and it is very interesting...........not, it has a 20 mark lithosphere question in it :l :l But development and health is good! I like it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CSM1996)
    I do Rural Land Resources and it is very interesting...........not, it has a 20 mark lithosphere question in it :l :l But development and health is good! I like it
    I do land resources too!! It's good cos its linked to lithosphere, in a way it tones down the amount of work to learn

ReputationRep:
    Your notes are pretty good! I'll need to remember about the Cardiff University - I never had an example to back up the skilled work force point
    Thankyou so much. I just took a look at yours just now, there's not much difference*(sorry i think i said similarity )

My teacher's always stressing about how we should always always put examples so we have examples to backup like literally everything haha

ReputationRep:
    Same here! Do you want notes for anything like the benefits and problems, or the siting of a dam?
    Yes please! That would be really helpful as my teacher only gave us about ten points for the benefits and problems question do you have any on the distribution of rivers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes please! That would be really helpful as my teacher only gave us about ten points for the benefits and problems question do you have any on the distribution of rivers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have A LOT for benefits and problems, would you like me to type up a sample answer or something as they'res sooo much to scan! *Edit, there's not that much to scan XD

As for the distribution, just scanned a page I have in my notes jotter and attached it. I think thats pretty much all you need to write for an answer - a sentence for each river on name, source, direction of flow and what it flows into.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    I have A LOT for benefits and problems, would you like me to type up a sample answer or something as they'res sooo much to scan! *Edit, there's not that much to scan XD

As for the distribution, just scanned a page I have in my notes jotter and attached it. I think thats pretty much all you need to write for an answer - a sentence for each river on name, source, direction of flow and what it flows into.
    I don't mind whatever's easier for you and your so lucky you've got brilliant notes! On the other hand our teacher doesn't really care about us

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Applying to university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.