Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I haven't gathered up enough courage to talk to him yet
    He definitely knows I exist, he sat right next to me today (only because it was the only available seat )

But don't worry, if by the end of the term I haven't talked to him I've already made up my mind, i'm going to leave him a note with my phone number... and never go back to the library hahaha

(Original post by Anonymous)
    He definitely knows I exist, he sat right next to me today (only because it was the only available seat )

But don't worry, if by the end of the term I haven't talked to him I've already made up my mind, i'm going to leave him a note with my phone number... and never go back to the library hahaha
    Trust me if you dont gather the courage to talk to him now the chances are you never will, i once waited a whole year to talk to a girl, turned out she was into me but i took too long and she was already dating another guy

ReputationRep:

WHAT! He sat next to you and you still didn't say hello? Did you even give him a friendly smile?

ReputationRep:
    Gahhh you have to talk to him, this is killing me!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Just say hi and smile at him when you next see him.
    You had a perfect opportunity when he sat right next to you, and you didn't say anything to him?

ReputationRep:
    lol today I was at the library and written on the desk was : you dog, you ****, you ugly *****

I think someone was getting unwanted attention... bit of an aggressive reaction though :O

ReputationRep:
    Just look at him and shout 'I WANT YOU'

ReputationRep:
    Just tell him you want the D.

He'll know what you mean :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silent Witness)
    "How's revision going? "

And take it from there
    I bet it somehow can be the worst question in the exam period...

ReputationRep:
    You are a girl right? So just approach him directly - maybe ask if he wants to go for a short break in the lunch time. Guys will never reject girls I think.

By the way, why 98%? It is so specific.

ReputationRep:
    do a 'carly rae jepsen' on him.

ReputationRep:

Aww haha.. you could just say hi.. and then say do you want to meet at lunch or after college..

I don't think it's so great to give him your number so soon but if its the last day.. why not?

ReputationRep:
    You seem quietly confident..

Next time this happens just say 'this is so random, but fancy going for a drink in the SU/Pub?' It'll either be a yes or no!

ReputationRep:
    It is difficult when you like someone that you barely know and to rid of the nonsense that is the silence and gazes with no words that seem so empty. Leaving confusion, more lust but more-so doubt. It is both terrifying and stimulating to know what will happen next, should've or will. Instead it's time that is ticking and distance as well as opportunities become smaller and smaller.

This guy knows you are interested, all a girl needs to do is effort and inch and that guy can take that hint a mile and more. The problem lies in personal lives. Where personal reasons come into conflict of such a potential bond, a short excitement and something that should've been done long ago. Instead both of you are waiting it out, finding reasons, addressing cons, pros and feeding more doubt into this.

The doubt comes from whether he truly does like you back and sending a note is the same as asking him to be your boyfriend. Rejection hurts alot more than most things in life, the effort and reasons all drop down that moment, It is the same as giving it your best shot and losing. you may not have anything in life that stopping you, but maybe something is stopping him, troubles, issues and fears as well as a broken sense of oneself. As you said though, time is running out. No matter how much posters tell you this and that, the reality is he is not going to be there forever and surprisingly people move on very quickly.

ReputationRep:
    Lady, I feel for the guy! Not to mention you Please just say ANYTHING.

This is one helluva slow burner.

ReputationRep:
    If he sits next to you again act like you have no pens and ask him sorry do you have a pen I can borrow? That could stem a conversation!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Flash him a few smiles and subtly suggest that you're interested. Maybe he'll end up saying hi? If he smiles/shows interest back it'll build your confidence up into saying hi first!
    If all else fails track him down on Facebook and start a conversation on there, less pressure?

GUYS I TALKED TO HIM!! YAYYY
    It wasn't a long conversation at all but hey, at least he knows I exist!

This is what happened: I was at the library, so was he. I wanted to eat something but I didn't want to take my stuff with me (backpack and netbook), so I asked him whether he could take care for my things for a moment :P And after I returned I sat on his same table

Out of the ... three words he said ("sure" "no problem") he seemed like a nice guyyy

ReputationRep:

This is what happened: I was at the library, so was he. I wanted to eat something but I didn't want to take my stuff with me (backpack and netbook), so I asked him whether he could take care for my things for a moment :P And after I returned I sat on his same table

Out of the ... three words he said ("sure" "no problem") he seemed like a nice guyyy
    A good start, although it should not have taken all year to get this far.

ReputationRep:

how is it possible for anyone to be this shy/introvert?
    did you grow up in a dungeon?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.