Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone

I messed up the integration question by integrating one of the terms wrong. So although I put the co ordinate into my integrated equation, and got the wrong answer for C, would I get an ECF mark or a method mark maybe? Such a stupid mistake

ReputationRep:
    Ok im looking at about 72/75... whats that in terms of UMS do we think ?

I personally think its gonna be between 60-63 for an A ( won't go higher as it may not have been that hard , but a lot of people made silly mistakes and Q7 about the phones was quite hard haha )

ReputationRep:
    for 6a) the answer was 3x - 4y + 15 = 0 , but i didn't simplify the gradient 9/12 , so my answer for that was 9x - 12y + 45 = 0 haha i shouldn't lose any marks should i , because it just said a , b and c had to be integers it didn;t say to simplify the equation ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fas)
    for 6a) the answer was 3x - 4y + 15 = 0 , but i didn't simplify the gradient 9/12 , so my answer for that was 9x - 12y + 45 = 0 haha i shouldn't lose any marks should i , because it just said a , b and c had to be integers it didn;t say to simplify the equation ?
    I did exactly the same thing! It just didn't occur to me to simplify it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lamp010101)
    I did exactly the same thing! It just didn't occur to me to simplify it
    haha same , well it did occur to me about 10 minutes before the end but the page was full of working and i didn't want to make it anymore messy than it already was hahaha and make it totally unreadable to the examiner

We'll get the marks for sure , just checked on the markscheme of another C1 and it said "allow alternatives " such as unsimplified versions and such

ReputationRep:
    Thats okay then, I was worried I'd loose a mark for that, so glad we probably wont!

ReputationRep:
    For the finding the length i got 2 root 10
    I made a mistake in the last part of my normal

How many mnarks will i get out of 5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    Hey Arsey sorry to bother you on the C1 thread but any idea when M1 unofficial markscheme will be going up, cheers
    Heres M1 unofficial markscheme

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2350650

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the A* guy)
    Thank you very much for uploading this mark scheme.

I have one little question, in Q7 i made a silly mistake, and made 21/2 simplify to 11.5 (instead of 10.5), so i ended up with S21=9200 (instead of 8400), but i did the next part correctly and got 18600. Then i added the two giving me 27800 instead of 27000. How many marks do you think i will lose for this out of 5? will is get any ECF marks?
    As long as your method was correct, clear and easy to follow you will gain the method marks but not the accuracy marks for each marking point. Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yugiohtheawesome)
    Hey everyone

I messed up the integration question by integrating one of the terms wrong. So although I put the co ordinate into my integrated equation, and got the wrong answer for C, would I get an ECF mark or a method mark maybe? Such a stupid mistake
    You should get the method marks for the rest of the question however you won't get the accuracy marks. Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    I wrote 27000 for the sum question and then wrote another answer so will i get full marks as it say on every mark scheme to mark the correct answer only and not the wrong answer.

ReputationRep:
    guys if i did sum of 52 i lose all the points ? and i previously found the n wrong...so how many marks Im i going to get in totla from thi question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathaddict)
    How did all 3 of us manage to do this? :rofl:

I'm SO FRICKIN' annoyed - lost all my marks on stupid little mistakes, the most annoying of which was getting +6 instead of -6 in 9a), which meant that even though I did the integration process perfectly in 9c), I have probably only got 2/5 for that! GRRRRR
    I can't believe there's 3 of us!?! Makes me feel slightly better! :lol: No I know, I'm the same! I wonder how many we'll get on that question then, given the mistake :holmes: some method marks, hopefully! But yes, kicking myself over that! :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the A* guy)
    yh it was such a silly mistake. I matched all of Arsey's other answers, so this might have cost me the 100UMS
    Ah don't say that! We may have a few method marks in there :yep: And besides, well done on matching the rest ey! :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Predicted grade boundaries guys?

ReputationRep:
    Hi Arsey,

How many marks would I lose on question 10c if I got to (4x+1)(4x+1)=0 and then put x=1/4 instead of x=-1/4 and then got a wrong y value as well? Maybe 1 mark out of 3?

Also on question 3, I simplified (2x^1/2)^3 to 2x^3/2 which led to the wrong answer. Would I get 0 marks?

Finally, on question 11c i got to y-3=3x+9 but I think I slipped here and got y=3x+6 instead of y=3x+12

I got the correct gradient just rearranging the numbers was wrong. Would I get atleast 3/5?

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    some on please tell me if I get full marks as I wrote 27000 for the sum question and then wrote another answer so will i get full marks as it say on every mark scheme to mark the correct answer only and not the wrong answer

To the guy above me you will get 2/3 for 10c and 11c you will get method marks so 3/5 sounds about right and I think you will get 1 mark for question 3 or maybe 0.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaurenChipx)
    You should get the method marks for the rest of the question however you won't get the accuracy marks. Hope this helps!
    So out of 5 marks, how many would I get? Thank you, you give me hope

ReputationRep:
    Has to be a 75/75 for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FC.Exam.united)
    Has to be a 75/75 for me.
    You maybe the fifth or so person to say so.
    If so many are getting 100UMS Edexcel only knows how high the grade boundaries will be!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.