Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Moments question took me so long and I used additional paper, which I'm now panicking I didn't fill the paperwork properly, attach it to my exam properly, hopefully the invigilators sort it because I got the moments question all right eventually just not on the exam booklet

Other then that I'm on track for 75 except...Arsey you know the very last angle question, I said 45 'to the horizontal' and didn't specify down, didn't realise it might matter at the time? Will I get the marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ljh950912)
    There were four questions that were not typical:
    1. the woman and the lift question where you had to find the magnitude exerted on the woman by the lift
    2. the magnitude that the pulley receives
    3. the moments question
    4. the time taken for the motorbike to overtake the car. Pastpapers only included one of these type of questions at most. This is the reason why so many people struggled.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Look at q6 part d and e from 2002, just like the lift question except yesterdays was a lot easier. So it has been asked before
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    for q. 6 (I) and (ii) how would the marks be split up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harisd95)
    Moments question took me so long and I used additional paper, which I'm now panicking I didn't fill the paperwork properly, attach it to my exam properly, hopefully the invigilators sort it because I got the moments question all right eventually just not on the exam booklet

Other then that I'm on track for 75 except...Arsey you know the very last angle question, I said 45 'to the horizontal' and didn't specify down, didn't realise it might matter at the time? Will I get the marks?
    I said 45 degrees from B which was the particle hanging down, not sure if I'd get a mark either

ReputationRep:
    Boundaries anyone?

Also, do you get any marks for diagrams?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsey)
    what was yours?

I don't have time to answer everyone and many are impossible to answer. How many marks would this be.... relies on seeing the actual marksheme.
    I put '3sqt8*mg/5N'. I know, the newtons was unnecessary and the surd wasn't in its simplified form. I used Pythagoras.
    I also said 45 degrees to the vertical downwards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curiosity_1)
    for q. 6 (I) and (ii) how would the marks be split up?
    I think that the 1st part would be 2 marks and 2nd part would be 4 marks?

ReputationRep:
    really but doesn't the first part require more working?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah Jan 2013 was significantly easier, I got 74/75 in the mock... Okay thank you so much, that's really cheered me up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curiosity_1)
    really but doesn't the first part require more working?
    Um I'm not sure because I did 1-2t=0 which is not worthy of any more than a M mark and an A mark

Whereas for part 2 I found the ratio of the vectors to get the answer as 2/3

ReputationRep:
    Hello Arsey, thank you for the solutions. For part A of the moments question I only found the mass and forgot to find the length. I had all the equations needed I just forgot to solve for the length. However in part b of the question I needed the position of the c.o.m so I worked it out in part b instead of part a as I should have done. I got 6 metres which was right and that helped me find that part b's answer was 7.5 how many marks would I lose for that ? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well guys, I now need to average 69.17% in my C2, C3, C4 and M2 papers to get a C overall...
    Chemistry, need to average 60.63% per paper to get a C overall
    Biology - 71.3% per paper to get a B overall.

I hope I can do this. =l

EDIT:
    Actually slightly less than those, I just noticed the chem and bio ISAs are out of 50, not 60. =l

ReputationRep:
    oh right sorry I meant the moments q. part a)

ReputationRep:
    but i dont get one thing in that life question for part a why cant i consider the lift alone and use the f=ma
    and then get the answer becoz if we consider the whole system shouldnt we also consider the normal reaction of the lift on the woman??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Karma.)
    Um I'm not sure because I did 1-2t=0 which is not worthy of any more than a M mark and an A mark

Whereas for part 2 I found the ratio of the vectors to get the answer as 2/3
    oh right sorry I meant the moments q. for part a).

ReputationRep:
    somebody's gotta have first guess so here we go guys:
    100 - 72
    90 - 65
    80-60
    SOMETHING LIKE THAT I DON'T EVEN KNOW

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .raiden.)
    Look at q6 part d and e from 2002, just like the lift question except yesterdays was a lot easier. So it has been asked before
    I'm saying these questions are not 'typical'. Yes, They have come up a few times but they are not the standard questions that come up on every single paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got everything wrong lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michelleeeee)
    THE PAPER I DID WAS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TOO. The first question was impulse and they said the impulse was 14Ns or something like that. I think question 7 was a truck and car question where you had to find R, the braking force. The last question was a horrible moments question where you had to find mass. Did anyone get this paper? (I'm an international student as well, I took the paper yesterday.)
    You know, I think we can say for sure that the international students did a completely different paper. Yup, my first question had impulse of 14Ns and question 7 was a truck and car question.

Don't have the paper though..

ReputationRep:
    The second I walked out, I started kicking myself for a truly stupid mistake I knew I'd made - any other big mistakes I've made are fine, but this tiny little one is so annoying!

When it asked for the direction of the force, I said 45 degrees to the vertical. But that could be in any of four directions!!! And I didn't specify which. So stupid

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.