Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JOR2010)
    Hopefully will get the HSBC one at least, got rejected from JP morgan. Anyone want to share their academics who was successful? Just out of interest..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    GCSE: 2 A*, 8 A, 1 B
    AS Levels: AAAAC
    A Level: AAA (predicted)

I honestly don't think academics matter that much at this stage, people get accepted with not so good academics.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by will2348)
    GCSE: 2 A*, 8 A, 1 B
    AS Levels: AAAAC
    A Level: AAA (predicted)

I honestly don't think academics matter that much at this stage, people get accepted with not so good academics.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I detect that they are using a lucky hat.

ReputationRep:
    I detect that they are using a lucky hat.
    I think a lucky hat's unlikely

Hopefully will get the HSBC one at least, got rejected from JP morgan. Anyone want to share their academics who was successful? Just out of interest..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think having your firm university offer on your CV makes a big difference for insight days. Everyone I know with an offers from Morgan Stanley / JP Morgan have got offers from Oxbridge. One friend's got an offer for maths at Oxford and was rejected by JP Morgan, who I think place a bit more emphasis on those extra questions than Morgan Stanley's straight CV and covering letter. Rather not pour my academics all over student room but I can PM you if you like

Good luck with HSBC, have you applied to RBS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AJW 12394)

I think having your firm university offer on your CV makes a big difference for insight days. Everyone I know with an offers from Morgan Stanley / JP Morgan have got offers from Oxbridge. One friend's got an offer for maths at Oxford and was rejected by JP Morgan, who I think place a bit more emphasis on those extra questions than Morgan Stanley's straight CV and covering letter. Rather not pour my academics all over student room but I can PM you if you like

I don't have an Oxbridge offer but got onto both - I did have a strong CV/EC's so I guess that also plays a big role.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Part A)
    I don't have an Oxbridge offer but got onto both - I did have a strong CV/EC's so I guess that also plays a big role.
    Same here. I also don't have an Oxbridge/LSE offer either. Got accepted at RBS today and rejected from HSBC, but appealing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Same here. I also don't have an Oxbridge/LSE offer either. Got accepted at RBS today and rejected from HSBC, but appealing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Which uni/course are you doing? Well done, I doubt it'll be much of a loss but you can always try. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Part A)
    I did have a strong CV/EC's so I guess that also plays a big role.
    Yeah definitely plays a big role, if you don't mind me asking, have you got any previous work experience that you think would've helped?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congrats on RBS

ReputationRep:
    Yeah definitely plays a big role, if you don't mind me asking, have you got any previous work experience that you think would've helped?
    Yeah but I'd rather not say over here, PM me if interested.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got rejected from HSBC today, once again gutted but heard nothing from RBS and a friend just got accepted over a phone call so im guessing thats gonna be another rejection.

ReputationRep:

Im in yr12 so I don't have any offers from uni but I got accepted to MS so it definitely doesn't matter! I think work experience is the key...I didn't have any AS or A level result so it wasn't my grades!

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Did rbs accepted you over a phone call or just email?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A___G)
    Did rbs accepted you over a phone call or just email?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Phone call followed by email

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Congrats on that man!! I am still waiting, finger crossed!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got into HSBC but it says 'Womens insight into HSBC' in the email so im kinda confused :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jahan123)
    Got into HSBC but it says 'Womens insight into HSBC' in the email so im kinda confused :confused:
    Sameeeeee! I got in but it says 'women's insight day' :/ anyone else got this?

ReputationRep:
    I also got accepted for the HSBC insight day. It said it was for women but I emailed to ask and they said that although it is aimed at women, men are able to attend.
    I've been receiving phone calls from an 0800 number over the last 3 days, could this be RBS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EM1995)
    I also got accepted for the HSBC insight day. It said it was for women but I emailed to ask and they said that although it is aimed at women, men are able to attend.
    I've been receiving phone calls from an 0800 number over the last 3 days, could this be RBS?
    RBS called me from a 'Private Number' but I guess it could be them. Call them back and see?

ReputationRep:
    RBS called me from a 'Private Number' but I guess it could be them. Call them back and see?
    oh ok probably just a sales call haha!

ReputationRep:
    RBS offer

Edit: keep the neg rep coming, losers

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.