Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kesupile)
    I got that equation... Could someone explain to me why N was not 29. Because when I put 29 into the equation it was slightly bigger than 180000....

I got 1/3 and 2/3 for my imaginary number question...

I got k=29 for the question where you had to write A-B+AB=kI ... But I'm not sure what other people got
    the transformation question was a gift from heaven

for the trig question I got a=1/6 and b=2/3

anything else people ? I don't remember many of the specifics about that exam
    K= -27 I think! And N was 52! the clue was the first part of the question! Thts why they were together! Sorry! Everything else seems right

ReputationRep:
    anyone remember part b of question 3?

Part a) was (z-2i)*

Part b) was along the lines of (z-2i)* = 2i(z) + 3

something like that, anyone remember?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by appleuae123)
    I think it was reflection followed by enlargement cos it was from T1 to T3 and dont you always do second transformation multiply by first transformation?
    From T1 to T2 it was an enlargement then from T2 to T3 so an enlargement followed by reflection! I think!!!!! But not sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maths93)
    K= -27 I think! And N was 52! the clue was the first part of the question! Thts why they were together! Sorry! Everything else seems right
    (n/3)(4n^2 - 1) > 180,000

therefore 4n^3 / 3 - n/3 > 180,000

therefore 4n^3 - n > 540,000

therefore 4n^3 - n - 540,000 > 0

equal to the equation from part a) with x replaced by n. As you already knew least whole number value of N to satisfy the inequality was 52.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oliveryh)
    Because it was effectively a scalar, I don't think it mattered which way you did it. At least I got the same answer either way. Regarding which way the two matrices were multiplied

Posted from TSR Mobile
    can you remember if the question was T1 to T3? because I think the order matters

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by appleuae123)
    i think i got -1/2 or 1/2 i cant remember but it definitely had a value
    -1/2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fizzbizz)
    -0.5?

EDIT: I mean -2.5
    EDIT: or was it -0.5 LOL I CAN'T REMEMBER

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got -0.5. I HOPE IT WAS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michelfish)
    Dear AQA,
    FP1 Should be a 2 hour exam...
    I think you're just a bit slow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlanDu)
    What did the question ask? Find the complex number z? Or something else?
    Find the roots, give it in the form a + bi.
    The answer was 1/3 + 2/3i.[/QUOTE]

I think it said find the values of x and y which satisfy (z-2i)* = 2iz + 3, not sure tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noobslayer)
    Find the roots, give it in the form a + bi.
    The answer was 1/3 + 2/3i.
    I think it said find the values of x and y which satisfy (z-2i)* = 2iz + 3, not sure tho[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but it also said give it in the form a + bi (I think). I have done two exams today (S1 and FP1). S1 was several times easier than FP1 despite S1 grade boundaries being usually so much lower.

ReputationRep:
    I found this was the only exam I have ever run out of time on a maths exam,
    It just didn't feel right as a paper in general

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlanDu)
    I think it said find the values of x and y which satisfy (z-2i)* = 2iz + 3, not sure tho
    Yeah, but it also said give it in the form a + bi (I think). I have done two exams today (S1 and FP1). S1 was several times easier than FP1 despite S1 grade boundaries being usually so much lower.[/QUOTE]

yeah I know z=x+yi/a+bi, same thing. I just want to be sure it's 2iz+3, if you do it that way, you definitely don't get 1/3 or 2/3. I don't know what my answer was, just speculating.

ReputationRep:
    This was the hardest FP1 paper ever. I normally finish with like an hour to spare but I only had like 25 minutes. Anyone know what will be needed for 100 UMS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeneralOJB)
    This was the hardest FP1 paper ever. I normally finish with like an hour to spare but I only had like 25 minutes. Anyone know what will be needed for 100 UMS?
    Same! I have finished my C1/C2/D1/S1 exams within the hour with a ridiculous amount of time to spare.

With this paper however, I did not have any time to double check ANY question!

I hope it isn't just me thinking that this is the most difficult exam. I hope the grade boundaries will be similar of that of the C2 paper done in June 2012.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robertparsloe)
    I found this was the only exam I have ever run out of time on a maths exam,
    It just didn't feel right as a paper in general
    I agree
    I also didn't appreciate my bladder not cooperating with me ten minutes into the exam

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fizzbizz)
    I agree
    I also didn't appreciate my bladder not cooperating with me ten minutes into the exam

Posted from TSR Mobile
    haha same I just held it in tho!!! What do u guys think the grade boundaries will be?? 64 for an A????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Math12345)
    The quadratic was 24x^2+81x-146=0
    Yeah that's what I got

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeneralOJB)
    74 probably

ReputationRep:
    What did people get for the combined matrix? Mine contained 3rt(3)/2 :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sohailkm96)
    What did you guys get for the last question's stationary point? I got (1,0) for the stationary point. I definitely think this exam was much harder than all the others. I really hope the grade boundaries are low...
    I got that too. So do I - definitely hope they're better than jan 13! 92% for an A is just ridiculous!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.