Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I should really stop changing my answers, I had crossing over then changed it to independent assortment

Edit: I found this on internet "Recombination may be caused by loci on different chromosomes that sort independently or by a physical crossing over" does that mean it could be either?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lion542)
    So did you get 0.4 +0.4+0.2+1=2 then divide by 4 since 4 months to get 0.5?
    I got 3.5 hours

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OliviaTurner)
    I got 3.5 hours

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Like I said earlier I managed to get 5 somehow, everyone I know is saying 0.5 Looks like we missed out

@CSM I put random alignment. Im sure everything along those lines is fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gt1996)
    Like I said earlier I managed to get 5 somehow, everyone I know is saying 0.5 Looks like we missed out

@CSM I put random alignment. Im sure everything along those lines is fine
    Did you make sure you were getting it from the right side of the table cause I used the wrong one to begin with AND SORRY I MEANT 0.5 hours!! & I got 5 originally from the wrong side, the question before was on one side then that one was on the other, that's what confused me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Why did the hummingbirds gain mass over the Summer? And why was stupor beneficial or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xoJennyox)
    Why did the hummingbirds gain mass over the Summer? And why was stupor beneficial or something?
    I said there was more food available and the decreased temperature decreases the metabolism conserving energy!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    the damn bird one.

why do their body mass increase in summer? increased food availability in summer compared to winter months
    why is it good to go into tupor during migration? can conserve energy for flying/migration across long distance
    why they do it less in the winter? need high level of resperation (metabolic rate) for increased heat production in colder months

advantage of territorial behaviour? reduced compittion

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when the marking scheme comes out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackoGeddes)
    the damn bird one.

why do their body mass increase in summer? increased food availability in summer compared to winter months
    why is it good to go into tupor during migration? can conserve energy for flying/migration across long distance
    why they do it less in the winter? need high level of resperation (metabolic rate) for increased heat production in colder months

advantage of territorial behaviour? reduced compittion
    Yeah I got the first two. But did I need that exact wording for the migration question? I just put "conserves energy" in a mad rush because I had 5 minutes left.

Third one I missed out and and for the competition I put that it ensures that the birds get food and use less energy foraging alone. I don't know if that is right...probably not.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when the marking scheme comes out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    August, when me get our results so they are no use to us then. If someone had the paper and scanned it then we could work out all the answers!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.glembook.com/pdf/ib-biolo...3-paper-1.html

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    I said there was more food available and the decreased temperature decreases the metabolism conserving energy!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Bang on! I hope you also said that the conservation of energy leads to increased conversion to fat, which is what increases the mass?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
    Bang on! I hope you also said that the conservation of energy leads to increased conversion to fat, which is what increases the mass?
    No I didn't, didn't have enough time, I didn't think

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    No I didn't, didn't have enough time, I didn't think
    Well, who knows what the mark scheme says? They might take it as an obvious thing and give you the mark!

ReputationRep:
    What were the essay questions again?

ReputationRep:
    Photosynthesis (Light Dependent Stage + Pigments)
    Protein Synthesis ? ( mRNA and Function of proteins)

Osmoregulation
    Succession

ReputationRep:
    Osmoregulation in response to decreasing water concetrations right?

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was okay, it's my second year doing Biology because I had to have an operation last year during May which meant I couldn't sit my exams.

ALTHOUGH how unvaried was it?! There was nothing about viruses, metabolic pathways, effects of drugs on foetal development... etc etc.

I found it easy enough, I am good at biology and my only downfall is stupid mistakes like reading graphs wrong. But I would have enjoyed a broader exam... It was a pretty **** performance from the SQA!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xoJennyox)
    Yeah I got the first two. But did I need that exact wording for the migration question? I just put "conserves energy" in a mad rush because I had 5 minutes left.

Third one I missed out and and for the competition I put that it ensures that the birds get food and use less energy foraging alone. I don't know if that is right...probably not.
    By god that bird one was a *******. Graph reading and evaluation skills are NIL in me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tistor)
    Osmoregulation in response to decreasing water concetrations right?
    yep

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.