Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What message have you ever wrote to an examiner in an exam paper? Watch

ReputationRep:
    On a Thermodynamics exam i drew some pictures, and also a box in the middle of one page with the words "Place head here forcefully and repeatedly"
    My lecturer tweeted about how it made his day.

Failed by 1 mark.

ReputationRep:
    CHEM1 - "if i get a B, my teacher will get a cake for the class"
    the [email protected] gave me 68 UMS

ReputationRep:
    There was a question on our maths mock that said 'explain why a quadrilateral's internal angles add up to 360' and I wrote 'I don't know, why don't you tell me' and when I got the paper back he'd written 'NO!' next to it. I still got an A* though (y)
    Now I communicate with him on all my maths papers eg 'this question is stupid', 'i forgot my calculator', 'I don't remember learning this'...haha roll on GCSE Maths in June (y)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Sorry about my handwriting
    I know this is probably wrong but I tried my best, sorry.

ReputationRep:
    I'll tell you what I get this summer then...

Last time I wrote loads of things (bad) to the examiner for biology, borderline A* I got

I also like to have a chat to the examiner by myself... :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure if I think I'll score less than 5% on a question I'm going to go on a rant about Michael Gove and how fundamentally flawed his ideas for the education system are, and what he should actually do.

Hopefully it'll be interesting enough and a reasonable display of intellect and application, something that exams are set out to measure.

Don't think that's likely, but in some ways I want to to be so I feel justified.

ReputationRep:
    I sketched a limousine where the answer should've been...got a C...guess we both had a thing for cars eh..lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    "Sorry about my handwriting!"

(A very rushed paragraph at the end of an exam)

B
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    "I don't care about this subject anymore, I just want to leave. I haven't written anything in this exam paper because I just don't care anymore. AS levels were a mistake and these exams are a joke, I'll be leaving to go to college after this year and then I'll still get into uni at the same time as everyone else.

Oh, by the way, I do not give you permission to share this exam script back to my school unless I give you a pin code: {insert code here}. That'd look bad, wouldn't it!

Thanks for taking the time to read my script and enjoy the money you get from doing it!

Martin"

Silly 16 year old self. *slaps him*

Needless to say I got a 0, then went to college and got two distinctions in a year and am now on take 2 of uni.

ReputationRep:
    At the end of an FP1 exam when using alpha beta and gamma
    'Please read any a's as alphas, any b's as betas and any y's as gamma's in the above mathematical argument, thanks.'
    A in the module.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laylarose)
    Also, this isn't a message per say, but in the English Language GCSE exam in January I did a little smiley face at the end of each question. Got an A*!
    So that's your secret! Lol

ReputationRep:
    Honestly can't remember, I did sit a A level maths paper in year 11 and got a grand total of 2 marks, I write loads of ****e on that one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rybee)
    Why? Couldn't you think of anything funny to say?
    No. Plus I had about half a line left.

ReputationRep:
    If I was an examiner and someone wrote like a funny note to me I'd be kind but if they wrote really arrogant notes then I'd be really evil!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
    For a French prelim I was confident I had done well in, I missed what the speaker said for a listening question. So I drew a detailed picture of a hostage situation.

"Give me the mark and no one gets hurt."
    obviously not true
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Study Helper
    (Original post by walkervince)
    obviously not true
    Prelims are internally marked (i.e. marked by your teacher) in Scotland - they're mock exams. She knew me well and knew my sense of humour, so there was no risk in my drawing it. I'd never have had the *******s to do it for an actual exam.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you're doing marking exam papers. If you are looking for an A grade piece of work, I can tell you that you're going to be severely disappointed. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let me get an A, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Oops forgot to put what I got!

60/72 on my history mock. Teacher said: "I like the comment, however, it's a shame you couldn't remember Wilson's 14 points over Liam Neeson's speech.

ReputationRep:
    In my mock on Wednesday (BY5- June 2012) "This is a horrible paper and it made me want to cry" :L

ended up getting 67/80

ReputationRep:
    I was working towards a U in Sociology and failed every past paper, wrote "If I pass this, I'm gonna backflip down my stairs - think about it" on my actual exam.

I got a C.
    I dropped Sociology the day after that exam.
    My teacher felt kinda bad after he told me I'd amount to nothing.

Edit: I never actually backflipped down my stairs lololol

ReputationRep:
    I wrote a mini-letter to the examiner on my Sociology AS exam today because I finished early. I wrote:
    "Dear examiner,
    Please do not mark this as part of a question. I have drawn a line through it like we were told to do if we made a mistake. I'd just like to say thankyou for taking the time to mark my paper. I really appreciate it! Yours sincerely, *my name*
    P.S. I love your shoes
    P.P.S. Sorry about my handwriting"

I'm actually really scared now, what if I get marked down??

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.