Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tee Logan x)
    I did that too! i honestly don't know how i missed that :/
    Awful mistake, surely must only be 1? Depends on the examiner I guess

ReputationRep:
    For venn diagram i got correct shape and intersctions but didn't put values in other part of circle. also miscalculated sum of midpoints so got that completely wrong. PLEASE TELL ME HOW MANY MARKS LOST. ARSEY???

ReputationRep:
    i said the mean should not be used because of extreme values, not because the data was skewed. would that be wrong?

Also, the question, what would be the effect on parts a,b,c,d if the values were reduced by 5 marks, I got everything right, except I failed to mention the standard deviation as i didn't read it. Would I just lose one mark?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
    I think the main thing you had to write was skewed and you would get marks as if you used the Q3 - Q2 and Q2 - Q1 method you would get negative skew so I don't really think mention neg or pos matters.
    yes this was my thinking aswell - it wouldn't matter whether it was negative or not , and it was only one mark anyway !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nukethemaly)
    Me too!

I gave them to 2dp. ugh. life.
    Me too! I know right, it's because in other papers for those sort of qs we always give answers to 2dp. They never say to 3.s.f. How did you think you did?

ReputationRep:
    on your mark scheme, they asked for a percentage in the final question, but you put your answer as a decimal. I did that in the exam, would I lose a mark then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chigyy)
    Also for 4f I kinda messed up, I put the sd doesn't change, mean will decrease by 5, LQ and UP will decrease by 5 therefore IQR will also decrease by 5. Stupid mistake I know, but will I lose marks?
    anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam_1996)
    Hey,would it matter if
    Q1
    -you used the values of 3.s.f to work out the pmcc
    Q6
    -that I left the standard deviation as 1.49

Thanks
    no, I think you only get penalised for sig figures if the question specifically asks for a certain level of sig figs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chigyy)
    anyone?
    lose one mark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arun1323)
    on your mark scheme, they asked for a percentage in the final question, but you put your answer as a decimal. I did that in the exam, would I lose a mark then?
    I did as well, I would imagine that's a mark gone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JezHibbert)
    for the venn diagram question i put three circles, the first being full time, second being bus and third being contract. Therefore the area that full time and contract doesnt intersect bus, its part-time that gets the bus, and the bit outside the circles is part-time which doesnt get the bus.
    Surely this is more right than having a centre circle of 0?
    Not sure I fully understood/can picture that...but it sounds like you left out the part-timers as an event. Or rather, you made the "bit outside the circles" as the part-time area. I'm pretty sure you have to create a circle for each event in a Venn Diagram :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Titus20)
    For venn diagram i got correct shape and intersctions but didn't put values in other part of circle. also miscalculated sum of midpoints so got that completely wrong. PLEASE TELL ME HOW MANY MARKS LOST. ARSEY???
    HELP

ReputationRep:
    in Q1 i got -22400, but later on i think i dropped the '-' sign, no accuracy marks then?? i shall burn in hell for such stupidity...f

ReputationRep:
    Would 60 be enough for an A ? I want it so bad

ReputationRep:
    would you lose marks for not saying 6b as a percentage?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jkidd)
    Awful mistake, surely must only be 1? Depends on the examiner I guess
    What do you mean its an 'awful mistake'? Hopefully i only lose 1 mark

ReputationRep:
    for the final dice question (sum of 2), I added 0.1 and 0.1 instead of multiplying. stupid I know.. would I lose both marks or just one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joereed)
    I also done this, cant remember my value, but it seems a correct one surely?
    I did this too! :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arun1323)
    for the final dice question (sum of 2), I added 0.1 and 0.1 instead of multiplying. stupid I know.. would I lose both marks or just one?
    both, m1 and a1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Titus20)
    Arsey has probably gone to bed, give him a rest, have you seen how many questions have been spurted out in the minutes since midnight? Give him a break, be appreciative, and also, be patient

Posted from TSR Mobile

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 2, 2013
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.