Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Anyone know how strict they are about appliance PAT testing? This is a question from my dad :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlotte49)
    Anyone know how strict they are about appliance PAT testing? This is a question from my dad :rolleyes:
    Not at all strict. They might at some point in the year go in a few rooms and leave a note saying stuff should be PAT tested but there will be no follow up to this and their even checking once is highly unlikely.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have a question too I'm planning to study at stirling univesity next year...but i'm wondering if it is a good uni for biology courses. This uni looks awesome!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgexD)
    I have a question too I'm planning to study at stirling univesity next year...but i'm wondering if it is a good uni for biology courses. This uni looks awesome!
    You'd need to check various league tables to decide if it is 'good' but of my friends who study biology, none of them seems to have had a bad experience.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stirling2014)
    You'd need to check various league tables to decide if it is 'good' but of my friends who study biology, none of them seems to have had a bad experience.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    well general is on 50th place of the uk universities, and 7th for biology out of 14 in scotland..i didn't know that heriot watt and strathclyde were ''better'' than stirling

ReputationRep:
    What is the teaching timetable as I have generated my other timetable (with the module codes) and then clicked on another link which gave me a complete different timetable. Heres the link http://www.aro.stir.ac.uk/academic/t...main-mwoug.php.
    Is that to do with students and if so how do we use it and how does it differ from the other one that i generated with the module codes.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryanomara2012)
    What is the teaching timetable as I have generated my other timetable (with the module codes) and then clicked on another link which gave me a complete different timetable. Heres the link http://www.aro.stir.ac.uk/academic/t...main-mwoug.php.
    Is that to do with students and if so how do we use it and how does it differ from the other one that i generated with the module codes.
    Thanks
    The one you used is the timetable generator. It takes your modules, and generates a timetable for you based on the information in the teaching timetable (the one you linked to). They're one and the same, it's just the teaching timetable shows the whole timetable for each academic department - so on the one you linked to, you're looking at the timetable for the entire management department.

If you look at the teaching timetable, you'll be able to see the seminar times available to you, even though you can't choose them yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tufc)
    The one you used is the timetable generator. It takes your modules, and generates a timetable for you based on the information in the teaching timetable (the one you linked to). They're one and the same, it's just the teaching timetable shows the whole timetable for each academic department - so on the one you linked to, you're looking at the timetable for the entire management department.

If you look at the teaching timetable, you'll be able to see the seminar times available to you, even though you can't choose them yet
    I understand know. thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlotte49)
    They never, ever check.

ReputationRep:
    Quick question, If I wanted to bring a visitor to stay in my accommodation over night what is the best way to do it?

I'm staying in Lyon Crescent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JPG95)
    Quick question, If I wanted to bring a visitor to stay in my accommodation over night what is the best way to do it?

I'm staying in Lyon Crescent
    In Lyon Crescent there's no restriction on who you can have staying over. All you probably need is to check that your flatmates are ok with you having visitors.

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm a new undergraduate student from Northern Ireland going to study sports studies in Stirling. I need accommodation for the forthcoming year. Does anyone know of any flats or anywhere to stay because halls is full. I am willing to share with others? Or can anyone help me with people who are 1 person short to make a group to move into a house or flat? Thanks Michael!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael Hoey)
    Hi I'm a new undergraduate student from Northern Ireland going to study sports studies in Stirling. I need accommodation for the forthcoming year. Does anyone know of any flats or anywhere to stay because halls is full. I am willing to share with others? Or can anyone help me with people who are 1 person short to make a group to move into a house or flat? Thanks Michael!
    The university has an obligation to offer you accommodation somewhere, campus is full but they will still be able to find you a place in one of their off campus residences.

If you do want to sort out your own accommodation then you should try the property site run by the students' union, Stirling Digs. Also try gumtree as there are lots of people seeking a final flatmate on there, spare room websites may be of some use though they tend to be for professionals rather than students. Finally, if you would like to live on your own then search for one bedroom flats on rightmove.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi, am a postgraduate student and I will be starting the International Energy Law and policy program on 9th September 2013. I was given a room in thistle chambers......could anyone please give me a brief description of the flats or rooms? I can't seem to find any pictures of either one. Is this accommodation any good?????
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how many seminars you have a week? I'm doing law so I've no idea if it's 1 or 3 or anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simonjbrady)
    Does anyone know how many seminars you have a week? I'm doing law so I've no idea if it's 1 or 3 or anything.
    1 seminar per module, you can see all the seminar choices available on the teaching timetable [module code.S(a,b,c...)].http://www.aro.stir.ac.uk/academic/timetables/main/timetables-main-law.php

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LJMac_SportSci)
    1 seminar per module, you can see all the seminar choices available on the teaching timetable [module code.S(a,b,c...)].http://www.aro.stir.ac.uk/academic/timetables/main/timetables-main-law.php
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I was wondering what phone network is best for stirling? I hear orange isn't very good?

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I was wondering what phone network is best for stirling? I hear orange isn't very good?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Celina2)
    I've not heard many complaints but from personal experience, I've always found the O2 network as good as can be expected.

Regardless of network, the nature of the buildings and the large number of people using mobile phones in the area so lots of different signals colliding means you don't get great coverage wherever you are indoors.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.