Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melle123)
    yeah, plus my boyfriend has gotten in with A*A*A*A to make it worse :') wow you did A level Latin?! So jealous, I did GCSE this year but don't have the option to do A level, I love it though! Ahh that's good, yeah the summer school was so much fun. That's true, it really isn't a bad uni, you got a college in mind to apply to there? I can't remember the campus that well haha
    Oh, wow! So you have another reason to hope to get in- to be at the same uni as him? Yes, plus I didn't have a teacher, just a tutor I didn't see all that much, so that was hard! I really enjoyed GCSE Latin. I can't believe the summer school was a whole year away. It's great for Linguistics, and great anyways, yay! I can't remember it either, nor the colleges

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Icesn)
    At what time should those of us waiting for a call give up?
    I second this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerfrau)
    Oh, wow! So you have another reason to hope to get in- to be at the same uni as him? Yes, plus I didn't have a teacher, just a tutor I didn't see all that much, so that was hard! I really enjoyed GCSE Latin. I can't believe the summer school was a whole year away. It's great for Linguistics, and great anyways, yay! I can't remember it either, nor the colleges
    Yeah but I know it's not gonna happen! I assume I would have heard something by now if I were going to? Wow that's impressive, it was getting difficult towards the end so I can't imagine what A level is like! Haha yeah, it should still be good, just gotta remember that the most important thing is that you graduate with a first or whatever, not necessarily where you get it from!

ReputationRep:
    The suspense is killing me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sobrelamarcha)
    The suspense is killing me
    We waited weeks for the 15th August... to wait some more. I actually hate Cambridge right now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Aria)
    We waited weeks for the 15th August... to wait some more. I actually hate Cambridge right now
    Ditto, what more is there to discuss?!
    I feel like a needy ex girlfriend wanting to scream 'please just call me!!!!'

ReputationRep:
    I GOT IN!!!

Thank you Cambridge for giving me a second chance.
    Got fished out from Girton, my original college.

On my way to study PBS. Good luck to the rest of you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sobrelamarcha)
    Ditto, what more is there to discuss?!
    I feel like a needy ex girlfriend wanting to scream 'please just call me!!!!'
    Yeah but instead I'll get an email from their friend (UCAS) saying its over. .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nickyr212)
    I GOT IN!!!

Congratulations that's amazing news!
    And your original college too!

ReputationRep:
    I GOT IN!!!

I am thrilled for you! Well done!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Icesn)
    They told me they wanted me.... I feel so used....
    such a breakup situation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Icesn)
    In that boat with you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Aria)
    In that boat with you
    Totally not refreshing Track every 2 seconds... I'm not that needy....

ReputationRep:
    I GOT IN!!!

Im applying for PBS too, looks like Im not going

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grammar12)
    Im applying for PBS too, looks like Im not going
    That's the same thing I thought ten minutes ago about myself. Hold tight. I remember you from the winter pool, and I really REALLY hope you make it.

ReputationRep:
    That's the same thing I thought ten minutes ago about myself. Hold tight. I remember you from the winter pool, and I really REALLY hope you make it.
    Thank you, I really hope I go so that I can meet you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melle123)
    Yeah but I know it's not gonna happen! I assume I would have heard something by now if I were going to? Wow that's impressive, it was getting difficult towards the end so I can't imagine what A level is like! Haha yeah, it should still be good, just gotta remember that the most important thing is that you graduate with a first or whatever, not necessarily where you get it from!
    Don't give up hope just yet- the trains from York don't take tooo long do they? (my boyfriend and friends are all down south :/) I don't know, I haven't heard anything either yet. It was really hard, especially because it was very literature-based, and I'm not used to that! Indeed- a 3rd from cambridge doesn't sound so good as a first from york, to me!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    I'm a little confused as to what happens next. Results day shook me a bit, so I'm starting to wonder if my insurance (Birmingham) might make for a less stressful 3 years with a better outcome (plus a few other personal reasons). If on the off-chance I get an offer from the Summer Pool, would it automatically allocate me to Cambridge while rejecting Birmingham, or do I still have to manually pick one on UCAS?
    Would I need to contact Cambridge and Birmingham to tell them I'd rather go to the latter and drop out of Cambridge if UCAS automatically assumes the firm is accepted?
    Am I completely mad and unreasonable to doubt whether I should accept Cambridge at all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerfrau)
    Don't give up hope just yet- the trains from York don't take tooo long do they? (my boyfriend and friends are all down south :/) I don't know, I haven't heard anything either yet. It was really hard, especially because it was very literature-based, and I'm not used to that! Indeed- a 3rd from cambridge doesn't sound so good as a first from york, to me!
    Yeah, I'm only two hours away on the train but it will feel like forever! Ah that sucks, know how you feel oh gosh, I bet it was tricky! So what grade did you get in it? Haha yeah! Plus three years at York will probably be a lot less stressful/much more fun! Not knocking Cambridge at all obviously, but this last year was stressful enough and I guess York might be a blessing in disguise haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grauniad)
    I'm a little confused as to what happens next. Results day shook me a bit, so I'm starting to wonder if my insurance (Birmingham) might make for a less stressful 3 years with a better outcome (plus a few other personal reasons). If on the off-chance I get an offer from the Summer Pool, would it automatically allocate me to Cambridge while rejecting Birmingham, or do I still have to manually pick one on UCAS?
    Would I need to contact Cambridge and Birmingham to tell them I'd rather go to the latter and drop out of Cambridge if UCAS automatically assumes the firm is accepted?
    Am I completely mad and unreasonable to doubt whether I should accept Cambridge at all?
    I completely agree. My insurance is Birmingham and they have been so friendly and helpful, unlike Cambridge.
    Yes, it rejects Birmingham automatically. You cannot manually pick between firm and insurance.
    I have just confirmed my insurance offer with Birmingham even though I am in the summer pool.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.